SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sooo 'professional'

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Happy_Slacker
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Every now and again I come across a scam by a lad, but with their script trying to imply emphasis by not just all caps, but either in bold, or both, and or also in a ridiculous font, and different color, etc. I just received one, and just had to share it. Bank of America (also posted in surplus), with blue for the color!!! So this got me thinking and wonder about 'lad logic' again. Seriously, how would this help their scams? I obviously would never tell them NOT to do this, as this is not only entertaining for me, but would also arouse more suspicion (hopefully) by the potential victim.

So I am wondering, what kinds of emails have you guys seen, that has such ridiculous attributes, and which were your favorites? List everything, from formatting (or lack there of), font, size, color of font.

Here is an example:

Image[/img]
Nero419
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well this is much better then those emails in ALL CAPS. Those emails really annoy me Evil or Very Mad But off course I hope they also annoy real victims with that so I never tell them it is pissing me off.

Ow and those "please open the attachment" emails also annoys me. Lazy bastards Evil or Very Mad

"Search and Rescue Thread" <<<=== With Success!
Cellphone x 7 Closed lad accounts x4 Easter Egg
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Happy_Slacker
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That too... Oh, sorry about the res of the file, just now realized it kinda made the thread blow up a bit.

Yea, I had lads with attachments; this is however more of a comical view on their scams, their presentation. I did also have a thread about what is the most annoying thing about lads (besides the obvious), and for me it was the attachments, since some are just sooo damned lazy to even paste their script, they just attach it. Rolling Eyes
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Speaking about professional scripts, this one just arrived...
Quote:

Goodday to you sir/ma,i am Pastor jhon imenawa of blessed bellivers ministry{bbm}in the niger delta area of nigeria,were there is the hurstel for black gold.|{crude oil}though the comunities around and it indigines dont get any thing from there blssed grounds.the government brings in new companise and take our oil with ou compacating the pepole.case like that has lead to war between the government and the rebels formed by the local pepole of this blessed comunity named otu.in bayelser sate.nigeria.this war s leave to offans,refugges,homelles kids,prostitues that are changed.etc.this is where our ogernization comes in.center for youth empowerent,otu refugge camp.we get sponsurship from the church's offerings and some well to do nigerians in the church help us to.we we told by some it pepole that the best way to get help for our mini refugge cam is to come out on the internet,that they are very kind and nicwe pepole here who will be willing to help.that GOD for you lifes .GOD has something special yo to in your lifes.give and it shall be giving unto you.your rewards wil come here on earth ass you help this refugge camp,please nothing is too small.if you are in treasted in helpin.please you can reply .pls nothing is too small.thanks alot pastor jhon imenawa.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
bobdemol
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Amazing Shocked

Goofy crap Laughing

You have made me get to take my drugs. -Claude Dominique after ticking over 1000 boxes-

FOR THE LAST TIME DONT EVER SENT ME EMTY SLIP AGAIN -Barrister Mustapha-

why must you act like childish game. -Eng Uzeze-

why are u so stupid and fullish like that go to hall. u idiot - Topman Stephen

LOOK AM SICK AND TYRED WITH ALL THIS TAMBAMBLING OF YOUR. -Barr. Bulunga-
Penguin Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Closed lad accounts Nigeria Ghana Mortar Sand Timer Cellphone Tattoo Safari Safari Linos: Togo-Benin Safari Mike Obidi: Onitsha-Lagos-Accra (1800KM/1120Miles)
Safari Felix: Accra-Lomé (x3)
Pic of a beer drinking goat
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In terms of text colour issues, the one I got with bright yellow text on a white background was particularly amusing.

So far my favourite opening mail is from this one who apparently enjoys taking the opportunity to dazzle his victims with his command of the English language:
Quote:
Dear Sir / Madam Please read.

It is my sincere pleasure at this moment to exhibit my total trust bestowed on you in accordance to my Proposed partnership relationship with you of which I am fully convinced that you will really welcome my partnership with you in this transaction Being very sceptical about dealing with Africans in such transaction, Ranging from the height of fraudulent activities encompassing the African communities. Now it is my Godly nursed intention to prove myself to you that I am very much different from others which you must have come across.

I hereby attested my accepted conclusion to take upon my gentle self and to join hands together to cover any unforeseen expenses that may be involved here till the Final Transfer of the Funds to our Correspondent Bank before its Final remittance into your Nominated Bank Account.

This is to convince you of my spirited acceptance to have you as a confidant in a business of this magnitude knowing that you will not turn me down come-what-may, regarding this Claim/Transfer to boost my planned establishment of a funding Company out of Africa . In other Words, I went into a more concrete arrangement in couriering to your doorstep, a total of US$20.5Million Dollars through INTER-BANK TRANSFER. This amount of Money belongs to our Deceased Customer as there were no claims over this Dormant Balance Account for a period of many Years.

Therefore, I am in need of a Reliable Partner that would come forward to put claims over the Funds for its Transfer into his/her Foreign Bank Account. This is because I am the Director of Foreign Remittance Department of my Bank for secures Transfer of these Funds without any Hindrances.

All I am expecting from you, as a matter of greatest urgency and importance is your sincerity and Honesty as I have some of the Needed Legal Documents to prove that this Business is Lawful for its onward Remittance. I urgently want you to send all the demanded Personal Information’s below to me as soon as you receive this PROPOSAL in order to show your readiness and Willingness in this Proposed Business.

BELOW ARE THE NEEDED PERSONAL INFORMATIONS

1) Your Full Name.......................... ...
2) Your Age........................... ............
3) Your Mobile and Home Phone Number…………..
4) Your Fax Number……………….....
5) Your Country of Nationality………………............. .
6) Your Occupation.................... ........
7) Sex........................... .....................
8) ALTERNATIVE E-MAIL ADDRESS / ........................

Finally, you have to keep this Proposal confidential and secret from your Relations, Partners and Colleagues for our success in this Transaction as the basis of this Business is Secrecy. I promise you that I would protect your Personal Interest as this Business is 100% risk-free.Therefore, I want you to express your interest to engage in this Business with me because your share is 40% of the Funds in Question so that I can send to you the TEXT OF APPLICATION which you have to Fill and send to the E-mail Address of the Bank.
I look forward for your immediate Positive response.

My regards to you and the family,
Mr Rahman Wade.

I think he's saying he has some money for me. Can't be 100% sure though... Can't wait to see what he writes like when he's off-script.

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Happy_Slacker
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That last one is an interesting script. Still I feel that this can also be an opportunity of de-educating your pets. Not just by encouraging the use of bad grammar and spelling, but here is a possible list of suggestions you can give to your lads to 'help' them in their 'work':

Bad grammar and spelling (already mentioned)

Suggest the use of a font that is harder on the eyes

Suggest a smaller point size for the font (make up some bs about the font ends up being too big, and so it is better for them to use a much smaller font so it can appear normally, but obviously to the other users, the scam would be harder to read, thus the potential victim would likely not take the time to read, and just ignore/delete it

Suggest a bright colour against the white background (bright green, bright blue, or better yet and preferably yellow).

If you really have your lad on a leash (he really really 'trusts' you), try to get him to use all the above mentioned at once.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic