SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

from russia with love

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mishkie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all...

I just joined and need a hand. I've been writing to a young lady, at least in theory, from Russia and I'm slowly learning to read the headers and trace the IP and all that, but I'm new at it and I'm wondering if someone can have a looksee and tell me if there's anything to be alarmed about...I'm suspecting a scammer/spammer.

Delivered-To:
Received: by 10.213.3.8 with SMTP id 8cs245689ebl;
Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:06:11 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.151.129.4 with SMTP id g4mr2715579ybn.1.1267380370016;
Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:06:10 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from forward6.mail.yandex.net (forward6.mail.yandex.net [77.88.60.125])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 8si16305353yxe.96.2010.02.28.10.06.08;
Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:06:09 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 77.88.60.125 as permitted sender) client-ip=77.88.60.125;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 77.88.60.125 as permitted sender) [email protected]; dkim=pass [email protected]
Received: from webmail40.yandex.ru (webmail40.yandex.ru [77.88.60.19])
by forward6.mail.yandex.net (Yandex) with ESMTP id 82153DC85D8
for < >; Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:06:07 +0300 (MSK)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yandex.ru; s=mail;
t=1267380367; bh=8yT8zySG5GNJxZUCgHeOzuQt8zuG2/C6KqEDHsZ9OsM=;
h=From:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:MIME-Version:Message-Id:
Date:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type;
b=lYY5vf9/u1aTkvcfl+1vJrxjC8AdeI/I1b5BFw2RVw4+3fk8t/vCLVt0UxzPMsnCD
P9bgna2v1i3xnO4jfAXbYtbCGvZHAzBRzK2qnWZzxktmO1N9F0ClAh2D/SZrS9aOcm
xts3s7cHwAbbanLQO8zViO64JcF9PvQnGS2bzYwk=
Received: from localhost (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
by webmail40.yandex.ru (Yandex) with ESMTP id 4A12F97C177
for < >; Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:06:07 +0300 (MSK)
X-Yandex-Spam: 1
X-Yandex-Front: webmail40
X-Yandex-TimeMark: 1267380367
Received: from 95-28-246-22.broadband.corbina.ru (95-28-246-22.broadband.corbina.ru [95.28.246.22]) by mail.yandex.ru with HTTP;
Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:06:06 +0300
To: mi..... < >
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Subject: Re
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:06:06 +0300
X-Mailer: Yamail [ http://yandex.ru ] 5.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello there, and welcome to eater!

It's kinda hard to find our if you're dealing with a scammer purely based on the headers. Can you post up one of their first emails please? That way we'll have a bigger chance having a hit. Good to see you're being cautious!

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
mishkie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been scammed once before...went to the Ukraine and found myself in a very nasty situation so I've learned how to spot 'em. Her letters definitely are not cut and paste form letters...they are very personalized towards me. she didn't fall in love with me after one line.

My concern is in her header...the mailforward6 dealie and the broadband.corbina.ru . I read something about broadband.corbina.ru being banned in russia. Maybe I'm over cautious.
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

77.88.60.125 : the forward6.mail.yandex.net - that's just a sending IP within the Internet Service Provider Yandex LLC of Moscow.

95.28.246.22 is a normal IP address for an ISP in Saint Petersburg.

(A googlesearch on broadband.corbina.ru doesn't give any indication that it has been banned anywhere.)

So the email was sent from Russia (not China or wherever!), that's all we know.

But: is it a scam? Like Caligula says, the text of the emails should give more of a clue (or a certainty).

It is good to check.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ I also wanted to add that some scammers are smart enough not to fall in love after 3 emails. I've had scammers sending me mails for three months before they actually "fell in love" with me, so you can't really rely on that. The headers don't make us alot smarter, so we really could use some of those early emails Smile

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
mishkie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't suspect anything until I got this today. There has been no mention of 'feelings' until two days ago...mostly, we've been discussing Buddhist and Taoist philosophies. She promised me she would take her profile down when and if I did as proof of my serious intentions...and I took down my profile from the dating site but then I got this letter...

"M no problem, I can wait until you come. Do you have problems with tickets or with living here? If the problem is living, then I could find some cheaper room for you.

I ask for your understanding on the point that my search for family is not only my own business, but it also concerns my parents, especially my mother who is involved in everything that I do. If I introduce you to her as a person who has serious intentions towards me, then I must give her good reasons why I consider you serious. The only good reason is your intention to come and visit me, otherwise she will not believe me and she will have arguments with me which is not very pleasant. That is to say that according to my mother's advice, I will inactivate my profile as soon as you tell me the date of your arrival, so that my family can feel sure about you and me, and I have no unpleasant discussions with my mother.

I hope for your understanding and I feel completely ready to wait for you and help you organize your trip if you need me to."

Last edited by mishkie on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
mishkie
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Introductory email...
Hello M, nice to hear from you. Thanks for telling me about you – about your character and about your work which must be very interesting.
I'd like to tell you something about me also. I live in St-Petersburg, Russia, with my parents, my occupation is pharmacy.
My most beloved hobby is traveling, especially to exotic places, also I love sports (yoga, diving). This summer I finished diving Open Water course and fell in love with diving, hope to continue with it. I’m also fond of arts and history of religions.
I have a wonderful loving family – my parents and my elder sister.
What I appreciate most in people is honesty and responsibility, ability to be stable in feelings and share mutual care.
Would you mind telling me some more about your preferences and tastes, about your family and friends, also about your life philosophy?
Which features of your character do you like and which you don’t like? What do you like in people? What is you way to deal with the others?
Thanks again and nice to meet you.
Kind regards,

second letter

Hello again M and thanks for your letter. I’m glad to meet such a special person like you, interested in development of mind and soul. I respect your convictions and your active way of living. And of course most of all I appreciate your spiritual activity.

Speaking about me, I don't have to tell you much about my feelings and character, because I’m Scorpio also... And some things which you confessed about yourself in your letter were said about me as well.
So if you wish to know about my week sides I guess you should just look inside yourself and you will recognize them all.

I consider myself a person who tries to be good to others and is interested in some development. Of course I haven't traveled as much as you but I do like it.
I've been to India twice and had the good luck to meet a Hindu teacher who gave me unforgettable bliss of being near someone who is better and spiritually higher then most of us.
I’m interested in Buddhism, still I don't consider myself a good follower of Buddha - because the main thing in his teaching is working with your mind and transforming your psychic being. I must confess that my ability to control my mind is still a baby and leaves much to be desired...and developed.
I’m very glad to meet you and be able to talk with you. Still I would like you to know about my week sides. As you could have noticed I’m not always as enthusiastic as you, sometimes I’m shy and uncertain about many things. Do you think you can stand this in people without any impatience and irritation?..
I can be active sometimes but sometimes I also become frustrated and depressed. I’m rather emotional and I can hurt myself and others with it. And many other things which I guess you know.
Another thing which is important - I must confess I’m not as mature as I can seem to be, meaning independence of mind and behavior. One of my features is permanent wish to be cherished and protected.
The reason why I’m here on this site is that I’m seeking for someone to care about me and protect. I’m not sure that your ideal partner is a girl who wants to be treated like a child in some points. But fact is that Im like this.
This is to say that I can feel many things which we have in common and I would be glad to communicate and share, and somehow I have a feeling that we could become friends first of all, and maybe that would be the best thing for us. Well never mind and let it be as it should be.
My letter has been too long- but I hope 2 Scorpions can understand each other) and you will feel that it was so long because I was sincere and wanted to tell you everything I should.
Kind regards,
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Mishkie

I have been looking over the emails and doing some searches, it seems hard to prove this one but the signs seem to be there.

I would presume that "she" will help you to organise your travel arrangements, you may well be directed to a website for a travel agent which will be fake where they will tell you that fees need to be paid, by Western Union would be the most likely payment method.

While the information here is not your run of the mill scam text, it certainly looks like scamming was/is the intention.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic