SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone else dealt with this particular scammer?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
thenodemaster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello all. I just recently stumbled on to this site and learned that the bantering i have been doing with a particular scammer is actually scambaiting. DId not even know there was such a term until I found this site. Embarassed

Anyway, I have been dealing with this particular scammer who uses the handle lizzypowellc from the UK yahoo but is currently in Lagos Nigeria. Things have gone pretty well and deep, but this person royally stepped out of line to the point where I actually called the local field office of the FBI here in Los Angeles. I am wanting to give a little bit of payback for that scare.

If anyone has had any contact with this screen name, I can give the name given if it is acceptable--still reading the fine print on things Shocked

I would be greatly interested in sharing your stories about this screenname as well as seeing if maybe we could bait this one together.

I have baited and played coy and such to the extent that I saw a shaky webcam video of "lizzypowellc" fingering her happy bits before the connection was lost. AT least the proportions of the chunky monkey on camera seemed to match the yahoo avatar. So, small win. But for the threats made to me last year, I have been looking for ways to get back at them.

I do, however have one sizable victory against this one from last year... Twisted Evil Let's just say a succinct Batch File embedded in a web slide show under the guse of "I'm sorry for being an a**" neccessitated the loss of everything on the harddrive--confirmed. Yes, I was glowing for 3 days after that bit of social engineering. I also know for a fact from several tracks that this person is ALWAYS logged in in Lagos, Nigeria. Me? I tend to move around a lot--to wherever TOR sends me for the session. LOL.

Anyway, I hope to find others who have dealt with this screenname and we can all have fun with this one!

thenodemaster
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello thenodemaster, and welcome to eater.

Yup, you surely aren't alone in this hobby of yours. This forum is filled with people who enjoy spending some free time on messing with their minds. So have a look around, read the stickys and have fun.

About your particular scammer - I can't say I remember the name. But I see dozens every week, I don't keep track. Good luck with the FBI, but I don't think anything is going to happen. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

thenodemaster wrote:
Let's just say a succinct Batch File embedded in a web slide show under the guse of "I'm sorry for being an a**" neccessitated the loss of everything on the harddrive--confirmed.

This however, sending any form of malware (viruses, trojans, hacking,..) we don't approve on eater. First of all because it's illegal. A board like this has many enemies who are looking for reasons to get us closed down. We do everything fully according to the law so they don't get a singly chance.

Secondly, and this is as important, because you didn't harm him at all. Most scammers operate from internet cafes. When you cleared his hard drive all you did was messing up the computer from the owner of the cafe, an ITP (If he's completely innocent, we can't know. But people are innocent until proven guilty). Your scammer might have been thrown out, but as there is an internet cafe in almost every street he has to walk 5 minutes and bang, he's online again. So, please refrain from doing so.

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi thenodemaster

If you google 'lizzypowellc' you will see that your scammer has been very busy.

Welcome to 419eater
Visit eater university and read the advice there Bait Safe and Have fun !!
This will help also.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
thenodemaster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Point taken about harming the computer of what may have been an "innocent" web cafe owner. While I feel that the word innocent applies to nothing in that country, and feel guilty by association certainly applies here, I DO understand your point and the potential repercussions such actions could cause for you and your site. Therefore, I will refrain from such tactics. This person had threatened me so royally and truly frightened me that when I called the Los Angeles Field Office last year, the very kind woman I spoke to closed our 90+ minute conversation with this--and I quote--"We have NO involvement of any kind with this particular matter, nor do we handle such matters in the manner described. So, rest assured: you are FINE. However...have FUN with 'her.'"

And given how I felt...and what limited experience I had dealing with such people, I put my 11+ years of IT career to work to try and satisfy my need for blood. Believe it or not, I did not even wish revenge on my ex-wife! But this one...

Anyway, again, I understand your point and why you have the rules you have stated in the member agreement and I shall follow them completely.

As to Seamless' response, YES! That was one of the FIRST things I did. I looked for the screenname as well as any other email address I was aware that this person used. Very busy, indeed! And once I learned of how busy this person had been, I looked for tools to monitor with the hope of eventually shutting down this person. I use www.myspytool.com to view the logins for the last 24 hours (unfortunately, this one does not detect invisible status) as well as www.invisible-scanner.com to detect invisible status. As to the IP addresses I traced, I used a chattracker link that I had them click on that logged their IP address, windows version, IE version, latitude and longitude. The address for this tool is: http://www.chatrack.frihost.net/index-1.php

This will ban the router's address that is visible to the outside world. It does nothing more than record this info and report it to you whenever the link is clicked. I even tried it on myself--and it was accurate to within a few miles.

Anyway, I shall continue my endevours to harass this "person" and look forward to anyone else who is game to join me. At the moment, though, this screenname has been completely offline for almost a week and a half. I have had my alter egos, Concordia Winston (aka flyconcordia) and Roger Mellville trying to coax her into conversation. Part of me wonders if, after I made it clear that "SHE" had been conned just so I could see her naughty bits--which I am sure was NOT her--she either realized what she was doing now that it had been done to her (fat chance, I know, but I can always hope) or she got caught. Time will tell--and I will update as I learn.

Mod edit: Removed full quote of Caligula's post -Ima
MayDay
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good day.
I´m glad that you found these sites,we all over here have these kind of emails.
First it´s hard to believe that this world could be full of this kind of "shit".
But it´s so real,every day I got my self emails I just ignore.
Doubt every single email you don´t know who is sending it.
That will be your secure,if you are not shore,we are here cos of that.
Don´t hesitate or feel any shame to ask.
We will help you.

Very Happy

Every day, we are assaulted by stories of stupid people -- many of whom use their stupidity for personal gain. From time to time, though, we hear of those who strive to achieve new levels of stupidity
--------------------------------------------
^^^^Are you there God? It’s me, MayDay, I’m from Bank of America. I’ve just received this check endorsed to you and I’m going to need to verify your signature. Can you give me a social security number and date of birth, please?
Thank you God!
thenodemaster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, having fun working this scammer over. he/she/it seems to have opened up a bit and is communicating with my femenine alter ego: Concordia. Trying to string them along and mess with them as much as I possibly can. Twisted Evil

Mod edit: removed full quote of previous post. No need to fully quote a previous post. -Ima
Dee_Dee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've read a lot of situations on here about the love scams and I think I'm being lured into one. It's actually quite strange for this one-since it doesn't seem to exactly quite match the usual love scams.

I was on a dating website just to meet friends-nothing unusual there. So for a few days I didn't get on this site (due to my busy schedule at work). One weekend, when I finally did log on to the site, I realized that I had 11 emails from this guy. He calls himself "Optimist" on the website that I was on (for now, I will not disclose the website due to the fact the guy is still talking with me). I saw his pics-and I thought,"Wow! What does a hot guy like that want from me?" And he called himself "biracial" (even though the so called pics of him looks like a Caucasian man) and that he was 26 years old living in Nigeria. I know that most of these scammers always say that their relatives had a terrible fate to happen with them. But his story was that he was born in Ireland, his father being Irish and his mother Nigerian and they had abandoned him. He stated that he lived with his grandmother in Lagos and he was unemployed (strange for a scammer to tell their prey).

Of course, he told me how attractive I was and that he enjoyed reading my profile. Then, after about a few weeks of back and forth emails on that website, he wanted my yahoo address (which I did give it to him-I know, not too wise on my part) and that he wanted me to delete my profile because he was scared of some other guy wanting to take me away from him (how can you take something or claim something that you don't have in the first place). So I obliged and turned off my profile from that website. And since then we have been chatting thru private emails (he's on Gmail).

At first his English was not too bad and understandable. Then, after about a week or so, his English started going down hill. He used words that no normal 26 year old would say in any country where the predominant language is English (I'm 31 and don't use those old fashion slang terms that he's used). Well, to my suprise, no loan for money was mentioned-it was all romantic talk most of the time. This had been going on for 2 months-and all of a sudden, he says his internet service at his home was disconnected and he claims his grandmother told him to pay the bill. So now, he began to sound like your true scammer. Now, like I said before, this guy seems to act a little differently from your normal scammers. He asked me to send him-when it was convient for me-$250 to turn on his phone service so he could talk to me. He says he's tired of going to the cyber cafe' and spending his money (remember, he's unemployed). So I wrote him back and told him that the price he stated was too expensive for phone service and I didn't have the funds to provide him for his so called phone service. Amazingly, he was not upset by this fact at all-but told me to send it when the timing is right.

And another strange thing he mentioned-he said that his "grandmother" wanted to know what kind of future him and I will have together-kind of out of the ordinary, and when it was time for us to meet each other-where were we going to meet? I responded back and told him that we will cross that bridge when we get to it. And now it's been about a week and I haven't heard from him. Have any of you out there ran into something like I've described? If so, do tell me-he doesn't seem like your typical Nigerian con artist. I have to admit, the things he said to me did grab my attention-wow, those Nigerians are very smart to get a person's emotions really charged up. I wish I could think it really is the guy in the pic that I'm talking to-but 9 times out of 10, he's a Nigerian man who is trying to work up my confidence so he can get me. I haven't sent any money (which I didn't intend to no way), but the only thing I'm afraid of is that he may use my pics to do his dirty deeds.

I also must note.........this is a gay website that he contacted me on (I always never thought that Nigeria was a haven for gay men or women for that fact), but I guess stranger things have happened. If you guys have any suggestions, feel free to fill me in. Thank you
thenodemaster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are right, this is not the typical MO I have found from Nigerian Scammers, but he strikes me as on nonetheless. I have been dealing with one for the last 2 years and have had some serious ups and downs. Weeks of silence is not unheard of. Out of curiosity, what is the person's screenname? I am assuming it is a yahoo screenname. I have been trying to find any angle to get at the one I am dealing with and am looking for any similarities and/or connections there may be. The one I am dealing with is [email protected].

Just for grins and giggles, find out what the name of the hospital he was born at is. Seems to get good reactions on my end. I curious as to your scammer's reaction.

Removed full quote of Dee Dee's post -Ima
Dee_Dee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your response! He calls himself Ron Giggs and his email address is: [email protected]. I met him off (oh what the hay, I'll fill you in LOL) of Bareback.com. That is a good idea-to ask what hospital he was born at-I'll surely ask him next time I do get to talk to him. I think by my last comment to him I may have deferred him for a while, but I think he will be back with some kind of excuse. I'll surely keep you up to date on that-and I'm like you-having fun with this guy and giving him enough rope to hang himself. Smile But the thing that still puzzles me-I've just never heard of a Nigerian man on a gay chat room-it must be their new pitch to target the gay/bi/lesbian chatrooms.

Mod edit: removed full quote of post -Ima
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Dee Dee!

Your scammer's story is not that unusual. There are some quite common tactics used here:

1. His mixed background: Many Love Lads want to talk with you on the telephone, and realise that you will notice that his accent does not match what you would expect from his photograph. And so they invent a mixed background, maybe part-American and part-French speaking country; maybe (like yours) part-West African and part Irish or Scottish. They hope that this will explain their unexpected accent.

2. Disappearing parents: In the case of problems, financial hardship, accident, whatever, it would be normal for a West African person to turn to their family for help. Therefore a scammer needs to 'get rid of' their family. Frequently they say that their parents have died. Sometimes one will still be alive, but unwell. An alternative is 'abandonment' by parents. A living grandmother, of course, is OK, because she is too old to earn the money to provide for him.

3. Asking you to delete your dating profile: Not all scammers ask for this, but it is quite common. They need to isolate you from other would-be dates, and have you totally concentrate on them. And, of course, they don't want other scammers to contact you, in case they are more successful than him.

4. English going downhill: His first emails were likely to be copy and pasted. The text of them may have been given to him by a more literate friend, or he may have cobbled together some extracts that he found on the internet. He can't keep that up forever, of course, because he needs to talk about your subjects, and answer your questions, and show concern for your individual life. So, sooner or later, he has got to write his own letters. And then you get to see what sort of standard of writing he really has.

5. Grandmother wants to know the future plans/When are we going to meet?: A scammer believes that if you think he (and his respected older relative) is serious about the future together, you will be more likely to trust him and send him money.

6. The gay angle: Homosexuality is illegal in Nigeria and carries a very long prison sentence. There is no way that a Nigerian person is going to be openly gay. BUT: scammers will pretend to be anything in order to steal money from people. They find it hard to comprehend that gay people in other countries might live very openly and happily: instead, they assume that they are a bit self-condemning, fearful that they are sinners, ostracised by neighbours, and desperate for a friend who understands. In other words: people who will quickly become dependant upon them. And, of course, they also assume that there is no spouse or children to support - so there is spare money that this person would be able to give away .... to them. There are, therefore, quite a lot of scammers on gay sites, pretending to be gay themselves.

Dee Dee and thenodemaster - assuming that these scammers have your REAL information. PLEASE do not bait them. Drop them! An angry scammer who suspects that he is being 'played with' can become verbally threatening. That can be amusing if all he has is totally fake information about you. That is not so funny, though, if he knows some facts about you, or can find some facts about you through a Google search.

There are LOTS of scammers out there. And lots who are very similar to these ones. If you want to bait some, create a whole fake persona, hiding every detail of your real identity, and start again with a new one. There'll never be any shortage of new ones to play with. But let these ones go.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Dee_Dee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Branwen!

Thank you so much for that info! I belive that you hit the nail right on the head! Very Happy Everything you said sounds so much like what he has been doing-I just needed to make sure. I'm going to take your suggestion and block him from emailing me. I didn't know that this kind of scam is not that unusual-I've never faced it before. I was always use to the "You have money in a bank in Nigeria or if you send me such and such amount, we can be together" kind of deals. Whoever this unknown Nigerian man is (which he calls himself Ron Giggs) I have to admit- is very clever. And I kind of figured that homosexuality in Nigeria was illegal. It just sounded too good to be true. And like you said-he's probably not gay, not even so much as bisexual.

I also felt that his heritage was also a put on-because me myself, I'm biracial and I have a tan complexion(the pics that he sent looks like a Caucasian man), but I was born and live here in the US (I'm from North Carolina) and my mother is Danish and my father is African-American. And my accent sounds like a typical US Southern person (but I can speak some Danish).

Thank you once again for clearing this up for me-I think he was trying to take me for a ride that I didn't want to go on. But now since I know-he's not going to get far at all. Smile

Removed full quote of Branwen's post -Ima
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Dee_Dee Welcome to 419Eater

What we mostly deal with here is 'Advance Fee Fraud'. That is where they ask for money up front with a promise of money or something of much greater value Later.

I have seen what you are describing. They don't ask for money up front with a promise of something later. After befriending you they usually come up with some imaginative situations or problems that they would like you to help them out with. That is also Fraud. You will see a lot of that in this forum (LOVE / DATING SCAMS)

It is particularly despicable type of fraud as it not only make you a victim financially but also emotionally.

If you want to, we have a sister site <a href="http://scamwarners.com/"target="_blank">Scamwarners</a> where you can post up your scammers details to help warn others who might be convinced to send money to this scammer.

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
Dee_Dee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Seamless! And thank you for the greeting!

Yeah, like I've stated before, this is a very new kind of scheme to me-and you're so right, emotions do get trampled while these men/women do their dirty deeds. And as I also have stated, he said some very very interesting things to me as well. I think the only real regret I have is that it's not the guy in the pictures talking to me and that the real guy in those pics have to go through this stigma of being a con artist because some psycho decided to make some fast loot. I do admit, I am a little disappointed that it wasn't the hot guy talking to me, but after discovering this site and learning about what their purpose is, I'm more educated now. As the gentleman stated above, this is not a new scheme, but it's just unusual for a Nigerian man to pose as a gay man (and even spoke gay lingo) to come into gay chat rooms. I've noticed most of them on heterosexual chat rooms.

Thank you for the link-I'll definately be on there to post this "Ron Giggs" on there and let everybody know that he is a smooth talker and not to trust him. But I do have one question: how do you find out who the person in the pics really are? I've been trying to find that out without success. I think this person deserves the right to know that he is a victim of "identity theft" and clear his good name from that stigma. It's just so unbelieveable that men and women are so hard up for some cash and are willing to do anything to obtain it. It's really, really sad. Once again, thank you for the link!

Mod edit: Removed quote of Seamless' post -Ima
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that you are unlikely to find out where the real photographs came from - they may be pictures of a model, or they might have been taken from somebody's personal website or Facebook page, or even be photographs that somebody personally sent to the scammer.

If there is a photograph with a landmark in the background, or some other distinctive feature, you could try a Google Image Search of relevant words. You could also try the image search engine TinEye:

http://www.tineye.com/

but you may not have much success.

Please do not feel sad or sorry for any scammer. They are not the poorest of people: people who are poor cannot afford their own laptops, or to spend hours per day in expensive internet cafés. Many scammers own lots of expensive possessions; some are quite rich. The rest hope to achieve that 'success' one day. They run many scams at the same time, and hope to receive hundreds or thousands of dollars from each of their victims. And then to keep repeating that. They are criminals. Very very greedy criminals.

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
Dee_Dee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for that website-I'll surely look into it. That's just plain cruel what these people do. Oh don't worry-I for surely don't feel sorry for them (I have no sympathy for scumbags like those folks)-I feel sorry for all the people they hurt financially or emotionally, or if the pics they use comes from someone's profile from a chat site-that can also hurt someone's pride. I've heard a lot about these con artist, and you're so right-they are quite wealthy. It's like where I live, someone is always scheming someone else and the person who is doing the scheming is a majority of the time "financially set". These schemers from Nigeria kind of reminds me of these people here that do the same thing-except of course, the Nigerians are much more creative with their schemes and it's online. I have also seen pics of Lagos and noticed that most people there seem to drive a Mercedes. I have to say-criminals is an understatement for these folks-to me, they're plain scum. And I applaude anyone who beats them at their own game!

Mod edit: Removed quote of Branwen's post -Ima
thenodemaster
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am lucky as the scammer has moved on from my actual contact when they realized I scammed him/her/it into a naked webcam session--I know it was not the person, but I wanted to see how far I could push it. But, that killed my chance as ME, however, my alter ego, flyconcordia, seems to have made an inroad--one theoretical woman to another. LOL! I am currently working under that guise, so I should be fairly safe as all the contact info for the account is bogus--NICE and safe. I also run through one of those IP bouncers so I appear in a different country each time based on the shown IP. Working in IT has helped me figure out how to be safest.

@Seamless: I have put my scammer in that site's database and have found it propagated to a slew of other warning sites as well.

Removed full quote and combined serial posts -Ima
Dee_Dee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Thenodemaster!

Just like all of you said-like clockwork-Mr. Giggs wrote me back! I did try to block him (Yahoo is terrible at blocking emails) but his email came into my inbox anyways. His excuse was he was in the hospital for a week and got out 2 days ago (he didn't state why he was in the hospital-but more than likely he wasn't even close to one). He told me that he thought about me the whole time and how much he missed chatting with me (sure). I will try to block him again, but if it doesn't work, I'll surely figure out something to make him feel defeated. I'm not going to try to bait him, but make him feel that I'm too much for him to handle (this will be a last resort type of thing). Congrats to you for defeating your scammer! I hope everybody will be able to do that-scum should never rise to the top! And I have warned people in the gay chat rooms about him-which also further slims down his chances of catching someone else off guard.

Removed full quote of TheNodeMaster's post -Ima
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Nodemaster,
I am sorry to break the bad news but you haven't scammed and if you really did get the scammer to show "her" bits that would be baiting and not scamming Wink.

Scammers are getting smarter and smarter, there is a recent trend where they use footage and play it as their webcam.

It isn't hard to do, there is little doubt the person you wrote to is a man, and an African one at that so unless you saw a (what an African man would have in the places the footage was shown) then there is no chance it actually was the person you wrote to.

@Dee Dee,
The best and most effective way to stop a scammer from writing to you is to completely ignore him, while you are sending replies you are raising his hopes and giving him reason to try emailing again, do not reply to his email, hang up if he calls you, if any other people contact you in regards to him or anybody like him, ignore them too, if it helps, close the account and open a new one being extra careful next time.

If you haven't already done so, read through the stickies at the top of the romance forum, they have a lot of valuable information that is there to help you.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome thenodemaster and Dee Dee!

I have edited posts in this thread to remove full quotes of other posts. When posting, please use the reply button rather than the quote button. If you are addressing a particular person you can use @username to indicate this. We prefer that posts not be fully quoted for ease of reading a thread. If you would like to refer to a specific point you can just quote that portion.

Also, Dee Dee, you have BBCode disabled in your profile so your post formatting won't work.

Let me know if you have any questions with all of this, I'm glad to help.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Dee_Dee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To Murry Guru and Ima Baeden-thank you for the info. Ima Baeden-I think I got the BBCode enabled now-sorry about that Smile. I believe you're right Murry-I learned when studying psychology at the University of North Carolina that most people do hate to be ignored and will do anything to distract an individual for attention. As far as my email-in the personal information part, I only have my first name and the inital of my last name. And as far as my address is concerned, only the city and state (Greensboro, North Carolina) is shown-I wouldn't dare put my street address on there. Luckily, he doesn't have my phone number(the reason why he wanted $250 from me to get phone service). It's not so much that I'm worried about him trying to get my identity (I'm a member of Lifelock-they will alert me if any such activity happens), but I'm more worried that he will use my pics from the profile I had on the website we met on for another scheme he may have planned in the near future. I haven't answered back to him yet-nor do I intend to. I did make it to where his emails are considered spam and won't appear in my inbox (and he's blocked on my instant messeger). But if that doesn't work, then I will re-create my email with even less info on it.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I didn't study phycology but i understand scammers quite well from dealing with them for a while, it isn't about how bad they feel, it is more that while they think they have a chance of stealing from you they will keep emailing.

For anybody who actually has sent them money it will take a little longer for the lad to give up on them.

As to your pics, I dont want you to send me a picture and nor do I want you to take offence, this is based on how scammers work.

When using pictures of women they will normally aim for a more attractive girl between the ages of 20 to 30, they will try to select some more natural looking pictures and a good mix, some wearing skimpy or no clothes is always going to be more appealing to them to steal, they will generally like to have up to 20 pictures but will settle for as few as 5 if the girl suits their needs.

When using pictures of men they are less fussy about appearance, they prefer the man to be between 30 to 50, some pictures with a 6 to 13 year old child would be preferable to them and again, at least 5 or 6 photos would be more what they are looking for.

If the pictures you sent fall into those categories, there is nothing you can do to prevent it, besides hope he doesn't use your pictures.

The good news for you I guess is that it isn't hard to find exactly what they are looking for elsewhere so if the photos you sent are not exactly what they want they will be unlikely to use them.

For future reference, if you do send anybody a picture of yourself in the future, be more selective about who you send them to but when you do always use a picture editing site to put something on them, "for you my darling Sam 28/02/10" for instance, it will make them useless for scammers and I am sure that if you sent the picture to a person named Sam they would be happy with the addition Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Dee_Dee
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the insight Murry! And no offense was taken at all Smile! You're absolutely right about the pics-the ones he sent me was a guy about in his late 20's or early 30's, very attractive, and a nicely toned body-a trap for someone like me that's attracted to a person with a fit body(who wouldn't want to be with a good looking man or woman with a nice body). Me myself, I kind of fit into that catergory (as far as age goes) I'm 31. As you can tell, I'm kind of inexperienced to deal with scammers (they don't usually come after me like that), but it must be my turn for them to try me (which they won't get far Very Happy). I have to thank all of you for teaching me what to look for and what to do about it. If it wasn't for you guys on here, he'd probably have me-hook, line, and sinker! It's just so hard to imagine that there's people out there so clever and all they do is get on the computer all day long and work their schemes on innocent people who fall prey to them! I'm pretty sure that Nigeria does have innocent people that don't do that, and these people are giving their country a very bad name. I will have to do that with pics I send to someone next time-I never thought of that! I now understand a statement that he made to me that I didn't mention before: he said that his "grandmother" told him that I had an innocent look to me (he just don't know LOL). And after running into this website and reading everybody's experiences with these people-it got me thinking hard about everything he had said to me. But so far so good, I haven't heard anything else from him (maybe my email decided to do the right thing and consider his emails spam-let's hope).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic