SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

"I know who it is, but I'm not telling"

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Happy_Slacker
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has this been done before:

Either replying to an inital scam, or sending a fresh email claiming to know who the 'joker' is in interfering with lad's work, and then stringing him along from there, promising to reveal the 'joker', but obviously not doing so..To see how far it would go?

This is just sheer curiosity, and I think that this kind of 'tactic' wouldn't last long, but I would theorize that this might make the lad a bit more desperate to 'stop' the 'joker' from wasting his time, thus still wasting his time? :p
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it would be effective. It might get them to drop baiters if they are suspicious they're being baited. However, I think this would be worth it if it also got some of them to drop genuine victims. I'm thinking most of them wouldn't take it seriously, but it's worth discussion. I really don't know what the effects might be.

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic