SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hello, wanted to say thanks

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
arosebyanyothername
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi I'm new, hope I'm allowed to post here. I've been visiting this site for a good while now ever since I was scammed. Was one of the toughest times I've had. I was only 19, had little money as it was and was offered a job (virtual admin to sum it up). I ended up sending a £1000 to these guys who pretended they owned the company. It didn't happen the way that I have observed in other scamming situations though. Basically they put the £1000 in a bank account for me (which I had previously set up on their instruction) and then once I had withdrawn the money, they somehow managed to cancel their payment to me. Was awful.

I just wanted to say, I really admire what you all do, even just wasting these scammers' time gives me some kind of comfort.
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome aboard.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

arosebyanyothername,

Sorry to hear the bastards got you when you were 19. You should think about doing some baiting yourself, I bet it would be therapeutic in a way. We'll keep getting 'em for you either way! Smile

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome arosebyanyothername (that a mouth full)
Sorry to hear you were scammed

Welcome to 419eater
Visit eater university here
This
will help also.
Read the stickies, Bait Safe and most of all Have Fun !!

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
arosebyanyothername
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thankyou for welcoming me! Smile

I know, it was so stupid and naive, I see that now. At the time i really needed a job and it sounded perfect...

I think I'll wait a while to see if I would be any good at baiting. I will watch and learn for now Smile
Bait It Up
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^^^^

There's definitely an art to baiting, but really there's no being "bad" at it unless you aren't baiting safe (IE using your real name, real address, etc.). Even the worst baiter is still wasting the scammer's time to some degree. Good luck to you either way!

"17,000, usd is a chicken penny so fuck you off."

"Please don't write me anylonger because there's no reason for any more communication since you have messed everything up and i cannot continue to waste my time wtih a BASTARD like you. If you hadn't foolishly exposed your plan to that fellow fool of yours this problems wouldn't have arised so who are to blame I or You?"

"This is the reason why I get angry over you and call you names because you always peace me off.You will never listen to simple instruction"

Closed lad accounts X18 Easter Egg
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't worry, you're amongst friends here, and nobody thinks any the less of you for being caught up in what is quite a sophisticated scam. Please do stick around.

It is worth also telling your story at our sister site scamwarners.com. The more detail you give, the more likely it is that somebody will stumble across it in a search, and you may well prevent somebody else from becoming a victim to these crooks.

If you're feeling really brave, how about talking to your college newspaper/local press about your experience, and how easy it is to get caught? Our best defence is to educate people - the more we tell, the more people we may save!

Good to have you here anyway Smile

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will definitely tell my story at scamwarners. Especially since I found the 'job' on a site that usually has valid jobs on it. Thanks also for the support, I did feel really frustrated at myself for being so stupid but over time, especially coming across this site, I realised that it's not just me that has been a victim.

Before I was scammed, before I really became aware of the motives of scammers, I used to think 'these poor guys, they're just trying to earn a living etc etc'. What a fool I was!

Anyway, wanted to register for a while, but wasn't sure. Now I see that even just having access to baits helps me feel better about it.

Smile
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Yep, once you've been told to prostitute your teenage daughter, or stop paying for a child's Cancer treatment just to pay a scammer, your sense of 'ahhh poor scammers' vanishes! These guys have no concept of depths they will not pass.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Has this type of internet scam been around for a long time then? It seems that the methods they have evolve and become more sophisticated, so I assume they've had a lot of practice?
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The methods change and evolve, lottery scams seem to be in decline as people savvy up, but overpayment/account flashing scams (of which yours was a variant) are as popular as ever. Romance scams are too.

And if you lost money, watch out for 'recovery scams' where the same scammer who stole your grand claims he can get it back for you - for a fee...

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

arosebyanyothername wrote:
Has this type of internet scam been around for a long time then? It seems that the methods they have evolve and become more sophisticated, so I assume they've had a lot of practice?

The more common type of email scam (Advance-fee fraud) has been around since post-revolutionary France. People would get a letter on their doorstep saying that a former French noble trying to flee execution needed help smuggling out his fortune, and that he would offer a share of his gold for the help.
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for your loss,and you were neither stupid or naive.People fall for this stuff everyday.If anything,you were vulnerable,and the scum took advantage of that.Why not stick around and dish out a little payback?

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Brainiac
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome also. My relative was taken for approx. $9,000
That is what keeps me going. Happened April 09 last year.

The earliest scam is the "Jerusalem Letter" circa 1790
Then the "Spanish Prisoner" circa 1910 It's nothing new.
If you have some time suggested reading Baiter Univ. here of course.

and Wikipedia "Advance-fee fraud"
PS the fraudsters used fax in the 80's, Internet in the 90's

I am Christian and not a heathen as you mentioned
I am an FBI Agent and I work 24hours of the day.
You are playing with my intelligence.
You are making a fool of me. I am not here for joke. ---------(FBI agent Fred Owen)

You are so stupid...are you kidding yourself or are you insane? -----(hitlad "Dirty" Sanchez)
Scam Ninja
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome aboard,

Don't feel any shame for being tricked by these criminals. You're definitely not alone.
My grandmother falls for nearly every scam she sees. I have no idea how much money she has been conned out of at this point. Seeing the damage these scammers cause through stories like yours vindicates our cause to the critics.
I hope you'll stick around and start some baiting of your own. It's really quite entertaining Very Happy

arosebyanyothername
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Happy Monday guys! I didn't realise scamming had been going on so long! Shocked

Today (when I was supposed to be doing uni work) I had a look through some of the baits on here. Was so taken aback. The stamina of baiters is tremendous! I guess once you start though, you can keep going by stringing them along and hitting them with questions etc.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic