SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Valentine's Greetings?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just checking, if I was to go to one of those E-card sites (who love collecting addresses for sale to spam lists), and send a Valentine's Day E-card to a random lad's E-mail address with a different random lad's E-mail address in the "From" field, would that be potentially breaking any rules? Like involving the E-card company or anything?

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Bait Runner
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I certainly can't speak to whether this violates the "innocent third party" guidelines, but I think it's a wonderful idea. We spend so much time here trying to stir up animosity amongst the lads, why not make this the one day a year to spread some lad-love around?

Perhaps a personal message with loving thanks for all the dollas chopped in the past year would add a romantic touch?
scamsam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

would they even have a clue what valentines day is? is today a day of celebration in your typical west african shithole? i think its a funny idea but the humor may be lost on the lads

I cannot explain why you fail to follow my advises on the payment

Is this how wicked men like you can be?
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think it violates any rules, you're using the site the way it's intended to be used.

Yes, I think most lads know what Valentine's day is.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think it violates ITP rules, or even hallmark's TOS. You make use of a service they offer, to relay a message to someone's email address. Much like google and fastmail etc.. do.

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
send a Valentine's Day E-card to a random lad's E-mail address with a different random lad's E-mail address

Who knows maybe you will just make a match......... Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
Mega Bandit
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never thought about using e-cards on lads before. This seems like it could have potential. I wonder if it would be possible to do something like this: Pick your two favorite lads, Lad A and Lad B. Then trick Lad A into thinking Lad B is spamming him with e-cards (with lots of profanity-filled messages under the teddy bears and stuff), and turn them against each other.

"Ok send the money to your mother pussy i will come and get it there" -M4stercard J4ckpot L0ttery Pr0mo
"Still in the box area. the step is just too much" -Anth0ny Grayh4ms (1546 clicks)
"i want to inform you that i have to quit this s3curity sh1eld here and never to come to this awful site again...Am sorry i am being so hash and angry on you" -R0lland Lincoln AKA Steven 0yas (4305 questions answered)
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They know about VD alright. I just got a reply from a lad who specifically told my character to have a happy VD! Thoght that was funny, now the character is going to have to go romantic on a loan lad! Laughing

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only other worry I had would be whether or not the targeted lad would ditch his E-mail address to escape from the spam and potential unwanted boyfriends, which would possibly ruin any baits in progress on that address.

Wish I'd thought of it sooner though. Only a few hours of Valentine's Day left where I am Sad
(And no-one sent me a card again this year... Crying or Very sad )

Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
Iamhenk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it a good idea to let the lads make contact? Maybe they exchange idea's and become better scammers.

I love the idea , this is just a thought.
Clark Fur Trading
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ If you're wondering about how much cooperation there is between lads in ladland, go and get yourself a lad-sounding email addy and pretend to be one for a while.
I can speak from experience that they are not very cooperative with one another unless they know each other. They will try to scam each other just as quickly as they try to scam a victim.
Apart from that, they won't discuss much on email anyway. They prefer to chat on the phone. If you choose to go down this route, you will find that they will simply be trying to use your fake lad for something...
Quote:
U GOT GOOD PAPER?U GOT NEW FRMT?SEND TO ME OK. GOD BLESS, ADAME

If you are trying to spin them up and really get them going, playing a fake lad for the sake of playing a fake lad won't get you very far with them... You'll have much better chances of ruining their little scamming lives by playing the part of a victim and truly wasting their time.

@Techno - I actually kind of like the idea of the e-card thing. I sent a few Christmas cards out this past holiday season to a few of my choice pets and it actually helped to further the bait and establish trust. However, when I sent a lad that I wanted to drop on account of him being a lazy, shiftless, good for nothing pet, a greeting card from the addy of another lad (this is similar, I suppose to giving them each other's phone numbers), I did get get some interesting emails from him for the next few days. Apparently I was one of his only 'vics' on that particular account, so he knew that I did it. He was so stupid, though, that it didn't even end the bait.

"We have not experince this kind of stress trying to receive our payment since the inception of our operation. We can no longer go on with this unyeilding transaction" - Ch@rles Rob@rt0n, S3cur3 Sh13ld Guru!
"People like you are not common to see in this universe." - Felix Obih
"I am devastated by my brothers health.the wound of his hynia cut is not healing fast.though the doctor ahve removed the ropes in there." - Albertine and Jonathan
Iamhenk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok thanks. I am kinda new to all this but I was just wondering.
curlyearl
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just don't send one to a Saudi lad. Shocked
http://www.thedailyinquirer.net/saudi-arabia-bans-valentines-day/029411

VD in Nigeria. Very Happy
http://www.mydearvalentine.com/valentine-around-the-world/valentines-day-nigeria.html

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess I learned something new today. I thought VD was just a made up hallmark hoiday in the US and UK. Turns out its an international made up hallmark holiday. Well happy valentines day to one and all. Lads and Baiters alike!!

I cannot explain why you fail to follow my advises on the payment

Is this how wicked men like you can be?
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Technomancer wrote:
Wish I'd thought of it sooner though. Only a few hours of Valentine's Day left where I am Sad
(And no-one sent me a card again this year... Crying or Very sad )

Happy Valentine's Day. Wink

E-cards aren't just for Valentine's day! They have them for many occasions.

I had a lad who was telling me his birthday was coming up and he wanted a gift of money. I kept telling him I had a big surprise planned for him that he was really going to love. On his "birthday" I sent him three e-cards. Laughing He didn't even bother following the links and picking them up. (I set up to be notified when he picked them up). I slapped him for not being appreciative enough of the effort I'd gone to. Evil or Very Mad

Another lad I baited used to send me e-cards regularly, just the "thinking of you". There are many occasions for which they could be used.

As for spamming a lad's account with e-cards: There are good reasons for never spamming a lad's account, regardless of what method you use. Mostly likely, it will just be a waste of time, they'll delete or ignore it. If it's too much to ignore, they'll abandon the box which is the equivalent of shutting it down and not a good idea for the same reasons.
We want them to keep using their same accounts, we profile them at ScamWarners and it's nice to be able to keep track of them and find lots of evidence of their scams online when working with victims.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Yeah, that's what I was worried about, making them shut down their account to get away from it.
Decided not to use that idea in the end anyways.
Just hoping I didn't start something off by posting it here...
*bangs head on keyboard* Embarassed

Closed lad accounts x1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic