SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Attention Gmail users.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CLICK

Or simply go the bottom of your Gmail homepage and click "turn off buzz". It is just to the right of "Gmail view".

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you PF,
Turned it off, was already looking where I could turn that stupid buzz off Evil or Very Mad

"Search and Rescue Thread" <<<=== With Success!
Cellphone x 7 Closed lad accounts x4 Easter Egg
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

agreed. even if you're interested, it's best to wait until they got rid of the bugs.

whatsthatcomingoverthehil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nice one,

while your there any idea how to stop gmail asking for text verification on new accounts? dont really want them having my number

I wish you die in pain you fool - Kim Young 18th Sept 2006

THE ENTIRE BOARD OF THIS BRITISH BANK WERE REALLY PUZZLED WITH THE FOUL LANGUAGE AND WORDS USED IN YOUR MESSAGE DATED 22ND JULY 2006.

Closed lad accounts X1 (E@st L1nk Courier company)
partysan
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ try a fresh, new browser instance for a new account, - like PortableApps Firefox. Works for me just fine. Never been asked again, since.
curlyearl
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Good idea. Yahoo is always blocking my out mail. I'll try using Firefox.

419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

whatsthatcomingoverthehil wrote:
dont really want them having my number

Why not? They won't give that info out. The purpose of the text verification is so they can limit you to ten accounts per phone. I believe this is an attempt to slow down spammers.

Have you tried creating an account via an invite? Maybe the invite will bypass the phone thing. Gmail hasn't asked for my phone number since 06.

Yahoo sucks with making me fill out a captcha every time I send an Email. Even when I am responding to someone who wrote to me.

With a little know how you can set up a vanity addy with Gmail interface by combining google apps with a free domain from www.co.cc. You can do the same thing with www.cz.cc but set up takes a lot of know how. I mainly use these for personal reasons as I don't want lads to know it can be done. www.cz.cc is new I think because a lot of addys are available for free. I created one for the family with our last name. It's just set up is hard and no help is offered. You need to know how to create CNAME, A names, and change MX records. With www.co.cc all you have to do is get a CNAME from google and copy and paste it where it tells you to and everything else is done for you. The only thing with co.cc is the domain is only free for one year. After that, it's $3 a year. cz.cc gives you the domain for free for two years but after that I think it's $6 a year. I'm not too sure about that. It might be $5.95 a year but I forgot where I got that impression.

Just note: if you use google apps with www.co.cc although it is exactly like Gmail in every way, including the labs features, there is one exception, it does not remove your IP from the headers. However if you buy a domain from google ($10 and they use go daddy) and set up google apps your IP is removed. Also, google sets up the Email for you so you don't have to do anything accept select use google apps for my domain tab.

If you (are not a cheap skate) buy a domain from google you can sign up with a fake name and google will not tell lads the name of the person who paid the bill with paypal or a cc. Of course you can get creative and buy a $25 Visa gift card and register it in a fake name but google won't give that information out either. One last thing about google apps for Email, whether you do it the free way with co.cc or cz.cc or buy from Gmail you get to have 50 Email accounts with your domain. This is new. About a year ago, you could have as many as you wanted. I normally selected between 500 to 1200. I take it a lot of people were going that. Companies, so now they limit you to 50 unless you buy premier addition which is $50 a year per Email account but you get 25 GB of storage. Anyway, with the free version of google apps you you also get google sites which allows you to make a small website. You get this with any Gmail account.

Or you can push the foil hat envelope back a little and just give google your cell number.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic