SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mass Effect 2 (419 mail)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ChortleHorse
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know how many of you game, but Mass Effect 2 has an email system, and they included a pretty funny reference to 419 scamming.

There's a long email about ancient Prothean technology being held in quarantine, and $20000 in-game credits would be needed to bribe the staff and release the technology. The sender would only keep less than half of the technology, leaving the rest to you. All you have to do is give him your bank information to start the process.

At first, I thought it was a real in-game quest or something, but then I noticed that it was addressed to "Sir or Madam," followed by something along the lines of, "Due to your expressed interest in Prothean technology," etc.

Just thought I'd share that. I got a kick out of it! If I'd had a beer in me, and there was a button to send him the cash, I might actually have done it. It caught me pretty off guard, being in a game and all.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

have the game, but havnt gotten that yet, can you act on it? not that you would want to lose your dosh, but it would be interesting to see if it goes any further.

TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can't act on it, it is just a silly little reference in the game. I could totally see it happen in that setting too.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Noticed there is also spam related mail offering certain performance aids.
Quote:
I'm leaving you for a krogan because your species is not as well endowed as they are----- dont you hate hearing those words from your partner

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic