SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sun spots may stuff your satnav

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As a one time radio ham, I know about the 11 year sunspot cycle. Last time we had a solar maximum we didn't have satnav everywhere, this time they will be going blind and miscalculating.

When a plane lands in my garden I'll know who to blame. It could be a good excuse to send your safari lad to the wrong place though. Wink

BBC Article

Quote:
Bob Cockshott, a director of the government-funded Digital Systems Knowledge Transfer Network, said that for most consumer applications such as sat-nav for cars, the problem will be more troublesome than dangerous.

"You might find for a number of hours or even a day or two you couldn't go out surveying or be able to dock your oil tanker at the deep-ocean oil well," he told BBC News.

That's all right then, its when your car tries to dock at the deep sea oil well you worry.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Any one want lessons on how to read a map Laughing

Closed lad accounts x40

FUK OOOOOOOOF - Mrs Cooker James
you are a fo0l forever because you are not worthy to be a human being but an Animal.
.something that cannot take 10minutes is taking you 2months- barrister lawrence
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I knew I should have hung on to that "Readers Digest Book of the Road" (only £29.95+p&p with a life time subscription to Readers Digest)

and all me old OS maps ....

Wink
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Bob Cockshott"? That can't be a real name!

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^I had the same reaction as Bohigal. I think the BBC is baiting you.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
Agent1002
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sunspots don't cause much problem most of the time. I've been geocaching for a long time and worked with marine nav long before that. The sumspots are not much problems in themselves. The issue is CME's. If a powerfull one is directed our way (Most are not) is is possible for a temporary blackout. This is rare and rarely lasts more than 24 hours. Many of them take at least 8 hours to arrive, so before you fly, check with your airport for any active CME. The SOHO satellite is watching for these.
http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/

For critical nav the article simply omitted all reference to differential GPS. Differential GPS uses a GPS receiver at an airport or other fixed location and then measures the local error and transmitts it. A plane or survey crew (both use it) receives the GPS signal and the local error and then can produce a fix in the sub meter range. In survey equipment with a long sample time, sub centimeter accuracy is common. Picking where you land on a dollar bill is good enough for me.
http://www.esri.com/news/arcuser/0103/differential1of2.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_GPS

Total loss of GPS signal in a CME is about the only issue remaining. A little degradation is already corrected if you use differential GPS. CME events can be seen and their arrival planned for in advance much like avoiding flying through a hurricane. We see them coming. Light from an ejection arrives in about 8 minutes. The mass arrives much later.

Knowledge replaces fear.

Internet Security Team

Agent 1002
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Roycropper

This sounds like a good excuse to warm up some tubes, and fire up LORAN again. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Never had any luck with Loran and I know that they are off all the time for solar activity, at sunrise, sunset and at night. Just before a licensing check ride I noticed that someone had squawked the Loran unit and it had been red tagged. I asked the FAA examiner what I should do. He told me he hated them also. I think the last time around the GPS signal was intentionally degraded so I saw no change in performance. Bill Clinton signed some bill authorizing higher resolution later on. This time around two of our cars have DR or dead reckoning, picking up information from the odometer and an electronic compass and inertial guidance using Murata piezoelectric vibrating gyroscopes as a back up to GPS signals so they don't be affected at all. Makes getting lost coming home from work pretty hard.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Nero419
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
This time around two of our cars have DR or dead reckoning, picking up information from the odometer and an electronic compass and inertial guidance using Murata piezoelectric vibrating gyroscopes as a back up to GPS signals so they don't be affected at all.

It's what they are using on sub-marines.(almost)

What I heard (I'm also in the survey business) is that there working on mix between GPS and Loran-C. In a way that you can get a fix by a combination of both systems. Loran-C is a reliable system (depending the purpose and location) but in my opinion it was always a pain in the @ss to configure it correctly.

Galileo (European version of GPS) would also get you a kind of back-up but the big disadvantage of that is that it uses almost the same frequency as the US GPS system. But the unique thing about that system that they will give you a guarantee on your position (paid system)

"Search and Rescue Thread" <<<=== With Success!
Cellphone x 7 Closed lad accounts x4 Easter Egg
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a dinner party guest over at Christmas that worked on sub inertia guidance. I told him I had read the user's manual for the SINS (ship's inertia guidance) as used on the carrier USS Midway just for giggles and grins. Its a museum piece and not classified. He asked if the SINS was a cylinder about the diameter of a torpedo. Yes it is. That's so it can enter a sub as a torpedo he says. I ask if the new systems use ring laser gyros. No confirmation of course. Craig007 jockeys the Airbus A320s that use RLGs for navigation.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic