SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Side Of The Road scams now!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jimmy474
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A little off-topic but sort-of relevant!

Drove back from West Wales to Birmingham today and as I came off the M50 to join the M5 north, a guy on the hard shoulder with his Merc virtually jumped in front of me waving a map and frantically asking me to stop.

Human kindness took over and I pulled over, opening the passenger window just a little. He came up saying that he'd run out of petrol & only had 1-2 litres left, was on his way to Glasgow and had lost his wallet. Could I lend him some money and he'll pay me back double tomorrow?!

He sort-of offered me some expensive looking jewellery as a deposit and after I told him I was skint, he asked me to go the services to get some cash and he'd follow me!

Trying to convince me he was genuine he thrust a business card through the gap for a German BMW garage, but if he was German I'm Doris Day. This was followed by him dropping to his knees and adopting a begging/praying stance.

Common-sense replaced human kindness and I pulled away a bit sharp!!

Is this a new 419-tactic??!!

Confused
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shoulda called the cops.
If only because he was stopping vehicles on a Motorway Hard Shoulder.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He could be genuine
But I'd be suspicious too
Why set off on such a long journey without a full tank?
Didn't he have a mobile to phone a friend or collegue?
Couldnt he phone say the AA or RAc to bring him some petrol as they will do for stranded members?
If he lost his moblie I'd have thought he could have asked for a lift to a payphone to contact someone and not beg off a stranger.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh and I agree, with Slightly.
bohigal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I understand that's an old old scam. Usually not attempted on the shoulder of a busy motorway though, that's a new twist.

Stop typing in french, am seriously dissapointed....am just confused!!!
You will have my nuts in your hands as soon as i have the latrine in my hand & i will pay the goats to the lawyer
My dear with this only, it is clear you have contacted and communicated with Africa Fraudsters and even send funds to him. what a pity!
YOU ARE A WITCH. MAY YOU MENSURATE NON STOP TILL THE END OF YOUR LIFE
Golden PithSafari Mortar Tattoo Vcamera Closed lad accountsSand Timer Team Hector:Lagos-Douala,Benin-Liberia,Senegal-Gambia-Mali-Chad, Egypt ,Awka w/ Shorty
Sand Timer Sand Timer Shorty Safari Abidjan w/ Juan
Safari Bibian
Closed lad accounts Cellphone pony Mc Fry Mc Fry Easter Egg 2013
Donate to Eater
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds like an upmarket version of the 'can I have £1 towards my bus fare?, I've lost my money', very common in these parts. I'd be more likely to give them something if they didn't lie - 'Can I have £1 towards a Mcburger / my next hit?'.

Suprised he didn't try to sell you a leather coat or some speakers while he was at it, these %^&* are always on their way back from a trade exhibition somewhere.

The coats and speakers turn out to be cheap crap, of course.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The first hint should have been that he was driving a merc. Damn no good merc drivers.... and a merc owner from a bmw garage, BMW would love their business partners driving the competition im sure.

Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It doesn't make any sense. You don't lose your wallet while driving. And if he's lost it earlier, he'd have already have abandoned a journey of several hundred miles if he had no money or petrol.
Stupid place to try such a scam though. To much chance of a police car turning up.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the US these hustles are common at interchanges and service islands along the interstate system. But I've never heard of a moocher flagging somebody down while moving!

You could have asked him to follow you up to the next service area and pull up to the pump, where you would be glad to put a few liters into his tank. Somehow I think he would have preferred the cash. Wink

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Mortal
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe it's just some lad on safari Very Happy

Safari George: Accra -> Togo I really want to do business with you, because i know you are an Angel send to rescue me by God.
Czech RepublicUnited StatesNigeriaGhanaGermany x6
GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU, GOD PUNISH YOU. Mr. Olisa
Every night a phonecall from you, you talk rubbish. Mr. Olisa
Juan's hidden fries!
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@huntington, good point.

May be he HAD run out of petrol, in a stolen car!
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

1 or 2 liters is not out of petrol-low yes,out no.Depending on the make of auto,he still had a few miles left.Odd flagging someone down before the car stops running.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
sam vimes
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

if he had 1-2 litres left he could have got to strensham serves 1-2 miles away.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got taken for a $0.25 back in the days before cell phones. Some guy comes up to me during the intermission of a play and tells me about getting pick pocketed and how he needs to call the police. I was standing there with an older gentleman when I gave the scammer a quarter instead of the dollar he asked for. As the scammer was leaving the older guy told me I got scammed, just look at the guy's wallet in his back pocket. Crying or Very sad A few years later, by brother comes home with some random business card. He lent some guy that said he got his wallet stolen $40 so he could get some gas and get home. I told him to not worry about the $40 and that the business card was from an unknowing third party.

As I we were walking back to our hotel rooms in a convention area a scammer gave an co-worker and I a stolen wallet story. The co-worker ran away with a carnival before she started college so she heard it many times before. She actually sent the lad on a mini safari by arranging a meet on a fake floor of a fancy hotel with the promise of booze, sex, drugs and money. My co-worker would make a Master Baiter but says she is too busy.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
jimmy474
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sam vimes wrote:
if he had 1-2 litres left he could have got to strensham serves 1-2 miles away.

My thoughts exactly..................afterwards!

Why not drive to the pumps and ask somebody there? Not sure but I also think garages will take full details for later payment if someone's in real trouble.

Anyway I feel a bit of a d1ck for falling for it and stopping in the first place. Next time I'll just run him over.....

Very Happy

"THEN YOU WILL COMPLY AND PLEASE AFTER THE LOAN IS BEEN GIVEN TO YOU DO RUN AWAY WITH OUR MONEY PLEASE"

Closed lad accounts (x 2)
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Next time I'll just run him over.....

What and damage your car ?..... Laughing

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Had someone do that to me the first time I drove on the M5 ... many many years ago. I got to the next service station and called out the boys in blue on him.
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm seeing that a lot in parts of the US, but usually somebody working an area of gas stations.

I watched one guy for 30 minutes drive from one gas station to another near a big intersection......one on each corner, a fifth adjacent to one.

He'd pull up to anybody pumping gas, give them the pitch out of the rolled down window...move on to the next.

It would be easier to believe if he didn't burn up a gallon of gas while he was begging.

Shocked

Recently, an OK looking girl with her shirt unbuttoned far enough to determine she was braless and certainly female.....walked up to my car, leaned in, and told me she was 50 miles from home and needed a few dollars for gas.

I was sitting in vehicle off to the side, doing paperwork for my job. I told her no, and watched her make her rounds. She collected a few times, then made her way to a modestly beaten up car, where her BF was waiting behind the wheel. She gets in, he pulls up to the gas pump.......
INSERTS A CREDIT CARD....puts some in, then they drive over to the fast food drive thru window in the same complex, and buy food.

Talk about a cheap date?

Razz

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw something similar the other week!

Not a motorway though but a bulk-standard A road, with layby. A normal looking car with someone of 'Indian' appearance, holding a map and waving at the traffic on his side of the road. Everyone ignored him, although some waved back Laughing

I wonder.....

I am wall to wall entertainment (apparently so says Mr. E)
jimmy474
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ms Mockinatrix wrote:
I saw something similar the other week!

Not a motorway though but a bulk-standard A road, with layby. A normal looking car with someone of 'Indian' appearance, holding a map and waving at the traffic on his side of the road. Everyone ignored him, although some waved back Laughing

I wonder.....

Must be the same guy!!

Laughing

"THEN YOU WILL COMPLY AND PLEASE AFTER THE LOAN IS BEEN GIVEN TO YOU DO RUN AWAY WITH OUR MONEY PLEASE"

Closed lad accounts (x 2)
Rincewind
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I usually have my kids in the car, so the only people I pull over for are emergency crews (police, fire brigade, blondes in short skirts, ambulance,)

I had some guy tailgaiting me on the motorway the other day, flashing his lights waving me to pull over (in a Volvo 4x4 gold coloured).
So checked in my rear view mirror, no sign of a police sign (unmarked police cars have 'Police' written on their visors which they are supposed to drop down to show who they are, as well as the usual blue lights hidden in the grill), no warning signs on my dash, no strange sensations coming from the car, middle of the afternoon so it wasnt my lights, my indicator wasn't flashing so not that either, so ignored him. Later when the weirdo had gone, I pulled off the motorway, checked the car, nothing wrong. If this was the start of a scam (or worse), I have no idea.

I am not in Nigeria and what your son is saying is not wrong. Sometimes the internet providers have a problem with the positioning of the satelite and it reads Africa, or America and sometime it reads japan all depending on the satelite positioning to get better service. - Cardinal Angelo Sodano 41.222.192.102 (Benin-Africa)
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good defensive thinking Ricewind.

If I see a stranded motorist, I will use the cell and call it in as I drive by, noting mile/kilometer marker, make and model, description and observed condition (might be a medical issue visible) of individual. If this person is doing this regularily, it may be a precursor to worse behavior (carjacking, etc.) Call it in. Let the people we put in that job sort it out. Here in the States, I have know officers to give stranded motorists rides to the gas station to fill a gas can, or simply call for a tow. Not sure how UK officers would deal with it.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

shaxd
Wannabe Baiter

Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyll gogerychwyrndrob wllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales UK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This happened to me as well (sort of). I didnt know it was a scam, until after. This guy stopped me in the Price Club parking lot, and asked for 3 - 4 dollars (wont repay me) just to get over to a gas station, while there was a gas station about 90 metres down the street.
I regret giving him the $4 dollars, even though it was only $4. :roll:

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
It sounds like an upmarket version of the 'can I have £1 towards my bus fare?, I've lost my money', very common in these parts. I'd be more likely to give them something if they didn't lie - 'Can I have £1 towards a Mcburger / my next hit?'.

Someone once asked me for $0.25 toward a bus fare while I was at a terminal downtown. It didn't seem like too much, so I stupidly reached into my pocket to find I only had a $5 bill.

"Yeah, just give me that! I'll go get some change!" ... yeah, not happening.

Huntington wrote:
The first hint should have been that he was driving a merc. Damn no good merc drivers

I take out one pedestrian and everyone thinks I'm a bad driver now? Crying or Very sad

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Rincewind
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

foo123 wrote:

I take out one pedestrian and everyone thinks I'm a bad driver now? Crying or Very sad

Yes, one pedestrian...

...2 bus stops, 3 police cars, a lamppost, the front of a Starbucks, 7 litterbins, an assortment of traffic cones, eventually ending up in a ditch that was being used to replace the old water pipes.

Not so much a bad driver, more a pinball wizard

I am not in Nigeria and what your son is saying is not wrong. Sometimes the internet providers have a problem with the positioning of the satelite and it reads Africa, or America and sometime it reads japan all depending on the satelite positioning to get better service. - Cardinal Angelo Sodano 41.222.192.102 (Benin-Africa)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic