SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My gut tells me, this is not real

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nowwhat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello again,

I just posted for help somewhere, but I found this section for love/dating that I did not see before.
I can't believe there is people doing this: trying to scam men or women and getting away with it. I feel insulted and I think I am a victim in two ways.
I know two guys that might be playing these tricks on me, but I am not 100% sure and I will be very sad for one of them that I know since August but I think our relationship was over 2 weeks ago; the other one, I just met on BP.
Ok first the African. I posted my picture.. lol in BP (Beautiful people) because I wanted to know how does it feel to get kicked out from a site, which I did when I did not make the mark Very Happy
Anyway, this guy with a very nice picture with his daughter Sad contacted me and we continued by email. I was so amazed that he was very clingy and wanting me to email him every day. Anyway, he did send me two pics or three pics and two of them are with his daughter. I feel so bad for the little girl in the picture though. He was supposedly being in England and he uses a yahoo.uk address. He started asking me about my financial situation a couple of days ago and then he told me I should invest in a business. Of course, I stopped all communications, but today he phoned me several times and something told me he was not the man in the picture; they did not match. He told me he was in Africa in a business trip and I understood South Africa, since he told me he was originally from there at the beginnning of the communication. The phone line was very bad and he asked me to phone him, which I did, not checking the area code yet. He asked me why I did not answer his emails, that he missed me, etc., and then he brought up the idea of the business.. again.. bells rang and I told him that I never discuss my financial situation when I am getting to know a man, then he told me ok, sweetie, we will never talk about it again and I said good-bye, talk to you later, etc. He immediately email me reassuring me he will never talk about finances with me again and that I made his day, blah, blah, blah.

I don't know what to do now. I am kind of scared; he seems a bit obsess and he has some of my information: full name (phone iD), city, phone number at home and email and possibly place of work Sad

I was thinking about just deleting him from my email and block him, but then I thought that it would be too evident and i dont want to anger him because I don't know what he is capable of.

i don't know if I should post his pictures here, I feel so bad for the person in the picture and for his daughter.

The other guy that I ended communication with is another story. I don't think he was after money, but I think he was/is using my pictures because he kept asking me for them and he only showed me ONE pic plus one webcam conversation for 20 secs and I wonder if it could have been recorded earlier, I don' know and to tell you the truth, it would hurt me very much to find out this guy from Europe too, who also gave me his cell number, was using me for the pictures... but I know that there are people out there with no scruples, capable of anything.

Anyway, thanks for reading and hope you can help me what to do next with the Nigerian guy.

PD. Sorry for my English, it's not my first language but I don't want to put any more of my information here.
thanks
curlyearl
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome. Good that you found this site.
A common theme with love scammers is to introduce a child into the scam. The child will then have an "accident" and will need money for doctors, hospitals, etc. You should NEVER send money to someone you don't know. The pictures he sends are stolen from someone else.
Soon a more experienced person will be on here to help you.
You could also include the original email with headers that you received from this person(remove your info) and someone can tell you more about the person. If he's a known scammer, it will show up.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you curlyearl

This is his last email.
He is blocked from my email now; I don't want anything with him anymore; but I do feel sorry for the person he is using in his picture and even more, the adorable girl that is with him in the pictures.
He told me his wife died from cancer two years ago and he is very religious, talking about god, etc.

From CHARLES EDKINS Sun Jan 31 18:11:30 2010
X-Apparently-To: XXXXyahoo.com 67.195.23.51; Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:11:38 -0800
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-YMailISG: wcnt_6VPVVe
X-Originating-IP: [87.248.110.152]← this what you are looking for -ghost
Authentication-Results: mta1062.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=yahoo.co.uk; domainkeys=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO web28403.mail.ukl.yahoo.com) (87.248.110.152) by mta1062.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:11:33 -0800
Received: (qmail 25228 invoked by uid 60001); 31 Jan 2010 18:11:31 -0000
DKIM-Signature:
DomainKey-Signature: [snipped to prevent blowout-ghost]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG: ywcb5Dw--
Received: from [66.196.86.117] by web28403.mail.ukl.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:11:30 GMT

it was really nice hearing your voice. you've made my day. no more talk about business..just about us and our love...ok?...i love yot sweetie...kisses...
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here, nowwhat. Very Happy

From what you have posted, you've definitely been talking to a scammer. The information has all of the hallmarks of a romance scammer. Please read this topic on our sister site, ScamWarners, for more information on the red flags of romance scams: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607

Feel free to register there and ask questions, many of us are also members there. You can continue on this thread here as well, we're glad to help.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Nowwhat and welcome

Please take Ima's advice and visit Scamwarners where we can sort you out a little easier.

I am one of the volunteers over there using a different name and I can help you work though this if I am around when you post.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
nowwhat
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Ima and Murru. I appreciate it.
I will try and make and effort to read through all the posts of that site, since I want to forget about this even in my life and soon.
MayDay
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to heat about your situation,but the rules are straight thinking about these scammers.
Never give your personal details,phone number,real mail address,nothing which can lead to you.
Don´t feel sorry about that kid,it´s a fake picture,taken from somewhere.
You better drop this guy,don´t answer any more,be quiet.
He will send you emails but ignorte them,don´t answer.
By the way,God have nothing to do with this scammer.

That child don´t exist,he took it somewhere else.

Every day, we are assaulted by stories of stupid people -- many of whom use their stupidity for personal gain. From time to time, though, we hear of those who strive to achieve new levels of stupidity
--------------------------------------------
^^^^Are you there God? It’s me, MayDay, I’m from Bank of America. I’ve just received this check endorsed to you and I’m going to need to verify your signature. Can you give me a social security number and date of birth, please?
Thank you God!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic