SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

craigslist scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jlobut
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I responded to a craigslist reply to an item I have for sale, he has my email address already.

Is it worth asking him to send payment for my item?

Code:
Hello dear seller,
                    I  wish to purchase your item which you list in craigslist.org the reason is that, i wanna purchase it for my girl friend i am offering u $500 for the item and $300 for the shipping fess and i am paying u via pay pal, so provide me your pay pal money request so that i can made the payment now .
hope to hear from u soon if the condition of the item is alright and if u are interested to sell the item for me ,let me know ASAP.
best wishes
Larry

Of course this was a $425 item...
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No

This is an overpayment scam. He will send you a (fake) certified check, cashiers check, money order, etc. for more than the amount. Dumb secretary screwed it up. If you would be so kind as to Western Union him the difference, he would sure appreciate it.

Check bounces, and you're out the amount you sent him. He has no interest in what you are selling.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a scam. If you knew that and are thinking about baiting, don't, as he has your real life email address. Read the stickies about safe baiting.
If you want to bait him, set up a fake email account accepting his offer for $400 for your antique mouth organ, flux capacitor, etc.
You'll get an email from a fake Paypal address "confirming" payment. It's not cler if the lad actually wants what you are selling.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Goulding
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have one on the hook right now. Wants to buy my motorcycle.

I have him on a bogus Email account, he last asked for my name, address, blah blah blah . . . . . . . .

I am not sure how to punish him. Any suggestions?

For starters, what is a good ploy to get him to send a check to a safe address? PO Box? Some other setup?

I am not sure I want to set up a PO Box just for baiting . . . . .

** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Goulding! Welcome to Eater!
For access to a p.o. box and other awesomeness:http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028
Happy baiting!

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello Goulding. Welcome.

You can sign up for premium and get access to a p.o. box, or, if you don't care about actually seeing the check, just make up a city and an address. They won't check. After he says he has sent the check you need to wait a few days, then tell him that your ex husband/wife managed to steal the check from you. Is there any way he could send another? (Keep in mind that these fake checks cost the lads money)

You get the idea. In a short period of time you'll be having the lad threaten you with the FBI, CIA, and anything else he can think of.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
Goulding
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, I'm starting to get the drift.

I kinda wanted to have the trophy, but I see the wisdom of just jerking him around for a bit . . . . . . .

Thanks for the tips!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(OP) There is a very good chance that this will be a spoof PayPal scam.

One way or another a spoof mail from PayPal is received saying that they have received the money. but it's being held by them until they receive a valid tracking number confirming that the item has been despatched.

By the time you realise that this is a scam the item is long gone.

I expect the item in question is sort after electrical equipment that is easily sold on the streets.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic