SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a scam or not?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
R.E. de Kewlass
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, new to this but I have a question which I'm sure has been asked time and time again. I'm not sure if this is the right place for it; if not, please forgive me.

I just got this email and it seems a little... forthright. It threw me, to be honest.

Quote:
Hi,
I am a young talented Gospel Singer here in ( Nigeria )
I therefore, wish you a prosperous New Year. Forthermore I requrest for a financial support by the special grace of God...to enable the prospects of my first Gospel Songs Album recording project. Tittled: Prophetic Mission Vol. One. This is my Ministry, please help me to succeed. Looking forward, for positive response and must be acknowledged. May God grant you more success for your support in Jesus name.Amen.
Kindly, send your donation to:
Intercontinental Bank PLC ( Nigeria )
Account No; 0247110000073975
Account Name: 0ff0r 3mmanu3l 1feanyi
Thanks for your cooperation.
Best Regards;
0ff0r 3mmanu3l 1f3anyi
Tel: +234 8072754080

He just seems so upfront about it. I've googled the Intercontinental Bank PLC and it is a genuine bank. It's even mentioned on a few African news websites. (It was involved in a court case. How reassuring.)

If it is a scam what's the catch? Is the account fake, forcing you to send money via WU? Or is it just an incredibly lazy scam aimed at the staggeringly gullible?
auguste
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well , the scam is you pay the scammer some 'donations' for a non excistent cd production or haiti relief fund or space rocket or shiny bubble creation factory or sick family member.
and then he develops some problems in making his fake cd to milk you some more for money. If you send the bank account to one of the admins , they will pick it up and get it closed down.
I assume if you are willing to part with the email adress someone with a church bait will happily pick it up.

Just google emmanuel ifeany. The first part of his name seems to change.
Hes even in one of the topics of 419 from september 2008. I do believe that the production of a cd should not take over a year.
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1220033

Maybe his job as secretary to a corporation in Tobago wasn't paying enough to pay for the production costs of a cd.
http://spamdb.vp44.com/emails/may09/may09-168.php

Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi R.E. de Kewlass

Welcome to 419eater. I would write to him before turning in the bank account and see where it goes if you are so inclined. If he wrote to a personal email with your real life details drop him there and write back with with a new gmail account.

This name appears all over the net, so without more details like email address it is hard to tell if it is a scam or a begger. If it is a scammer he is fare game, but if he is a begger that might be different. Without more info its hard to tell.

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
R.E. de Kewlass
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your advice. His initial email seemed quite vague which is why I wasn't certain, but I've noticed it's addressed to someone else which seems suspicious.

I've sent him a vague request for more information. If he replies I'll put his response up here for your perusal.

Thanks again for your advice. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic