SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ALERT NEW SCAM!!! BEWARE

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jcteck88
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried to sell my laptop on craigs list, when this person offered to pay me via paypal! Well as you all know paypal is a legitimate company. However here is what happened. I recieved an email from [email protected] stating that i have been wired money. Basically the email stated that they will release the hold when they recive the tracking number. I looked at my paypal account and had nothing under recent transatactions. This was a fraud. When i hit reply the reply to email was not @paypal.com but some other. This is how they get you!! They use alertpay and paypal . Paypal will never ask you for a tracking number to release funds.

Beware and stay smart. Will post the email later so you all can see.
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is not new at all, but certainly a scam.

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here from "Publish your work".

Hi jcteck. Very Happy As foo123 said, it is certainly a scam but unfortunately not new. We've been seeing spoofed paypal emails for quite a while. There is some information about this scam posted at ScamWarners. One thread is here: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2623&p=16049&hilit=paypal#p16049

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can forward Spoof paypal email messages to [email protected] ; they investigate these things thoroughly.

Fight My Brute
jcteck88
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes but in all my time i have never seen a spoofed paypal saying the funds are there. Commonly paypal has been spoofed to obtain account holder information. Paypal said theyve seen an increase of these b.s email's stating that money is in the account this past August! They have always seen spoof emails however most of them are an attempt to gain login information.

But i thought i should give everyone the heads up!

Thanks for reading!

I almost got dupped!
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jcteck88 wrote:
in all my time i have never seen a spoofed paypal saying the funds are there.
Probably because you've not sold an expensive item of CraigsList before. Everyone gets the phishing emails where they try to steal your login info, but only people who are expecting money get the spoofed payment email.

Believe us, it's been happening for years, and catching people out too. Keep shouting though; the more people there are spreading the word, the more people will be immunised.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic