SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

ghrts.com

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
hawkharoldson
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

www.ghrts.com

Contact address in China.

Mod edit: Moved here from the fake sites forum -Ima
Artemis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Contact address in China.

Not surprising as they are the worlds largest supplier of electronics. Very Happy

For a DB entry though, we need proof of a scam

MrBadLuck
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This seems like more of a counterfeit/fake/stolen products kind of site. I don't think that really is our focus here.

I can't remember the name off the top of my head but if I'm not mistaken, there is a sister site of ours that handles this kind of thing.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I found this http://www.chinatechnews.com/2008/01/09/6274-beijing-police-chinese-internet-services-frequently-used-by-thieves

Here is a quote from someone that got scammed Deborah Hezlewood – January 5, 2010 at 8:32 am

Similar story, I bought an iPhone from ghrts.com, paid via bank transfer but never received the item.

The guy was great to begin with, answered all my emails and seemed quite genuine but then he stopped replying and when I went to the website, surprise, surprise, it was gone!

Guy's name (don't know if it's real) Li Demiao

As it was paid into a bank account, surely they must be able to trace this guy???
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate these sites. They're not advance fee fraud so not something we usually deal with in this forum. We sometimes deal with them in the phone lads forum. You can sometimes bait them into agreeing to sell you a non-existent phone for evidence.

aa419.org has a sub forum for electronics sites, here is a link to their forum index: http://forum.aa419.org/

I'm not sure that they love dealing with them either, though. Artemis can speak to that better than I.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Artemis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate these sites Smile

If you use Google and search on a few of the common terms on these sites you will find thousands of them in no time at all.

Ima is quite right. The only way to get evidence is to bait them by trying to buy a non-existent phone, camera or laptop. Your next step is to try and get a Chinese hoster to suspend the site and that is nigh impossible.

I don't DB them in the hope that posters will stop posting them Very Happy

Give me a fake bank anytime and there are thousands of them as well

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic