SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone fancy a crack at a UK-based scammer?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scammy Scameroo
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey everyone, I haven't posted here for a while, but I just found out about a friend of mine getting scammed out of £840 by these bastards so I thought I'd bring them to the attention of my fellow baiters...

http://www.thezebraconnection.co.uk/

They're a "modelling agency". Except, of course, that they're actually not. If you're in the UK, you can see my friend's story here (starts 10 minutes in):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0071mkv

Basically, they approach girls on the streets of London/Manchester, claim that they can get them immediate modelling work, and then book them in for a photoshoot. It's only when the girl arrives at the studio that things suddenly start costing a shitload of money.

The internet bullshit these guys have cobbled together is fairly impressive- a decent-looking site, fake forums with glowing testimonials, and frequent name-changes all serve to conceal the dodgy nature of the place from a casual investigation. One pissed-off guy has put together a list of useful sites/forms/facts here:

http://thezebracollection.blogspot.com/

So, that's what I know. Now, I'm aware this isn't an email-driven 419, but it still IS 419, and given these bastards are based in the UK they're subject to quite a few more restrictive laws than their Nigerian counterparts. It's certainly conceivable someone could get an arrest out of this... and, with that in mind, is anyone willing to jump on these scamming dickheads and teach them a valuable lesson?

"YOU ARE FUCKING DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS PEOPLE AND HUMAN BEING." - International property tycoon

"Once again reset all your email informations in other to afford your box been stolen by the men of the underworld." - Chrissy, my phished friend
<br>
Chrissy's M7CN S3cur3 World Record is currently at: 167 + 1214 + 181 + 167 + 172 + 204 + 159 + 359 + 182 + 1 = 2806 clicks!
<br>
Mexican Flag United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x 5
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Domain name:
thezebraconnection.co.uk

Registrant:
Andrew Hall

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = FASTHOSTS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 01-Oct-2009
Renewal date: 01-Oct-2011
Last updated: 08-Oct-2009

You're right, not 419, but it does extract money from people blinded by hope. This has been going on for decades. I wonder if Mr Hall's non trading staus would be enough to get his website pulled, as that's lie number one.

The victims' blog is a powerful tool, but hurts my eyes.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic