SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Car scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scouter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How should i play this

"My 2003 Nissan Altima SE, is in great shape, no engine problems, clear title, no damages or hidden defects .
It has 86120 km, and the price is $ 3,500 CAD, final price.
http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad11/2003_Nissan_Altima_SE/
I worked for a period of time in Canada. I purchased the vehicle from Canada and used it while I worked there. Because of the financial crisis I moved back to my home London, United kingdom as I lost my job from Canada. Very reluctant sale as I can't afford to keep it anymore.
The vehicle is in my garage from Canada. The keys of the garage are here with me and I do not have any relative to show you the car.
Two weeks ago a person told me that he is very interested to buy the car and that I need to fly to Canada to make the transaction as soon as I can. I came to Canada the next day because I trusted his word, but when I arrived I called him and he never answered me again. It's not about the money for the plane tickets but I lost 3 working days for nothing. The time is very precious for me. I am a genuine person and he has disappointed me.
I just want to know if you really intend to buy the car because this time I will fly to Canada only if I have an insurance. I just want to see that you are a serious person and will be no problem if you don't want to buy the car.
Due to amount involved, I suggest using the security provided by eBay's Protection Program which will hold the money until you receive and inspect the car. In my opinion this is the safest way to handle the transaction. You will have the car for inspection and test drive BEFORE any money is released to me.
If you realy are interested please reply with your name and address so I can reserve the car for you.

Regards

Jesikka"
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I suggest using the security provided by eBay's Protection Program

Wait, what? Scammers don't usually recommend payment services that provide any hint of safety or security...

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Fake escrow. A lot of scammers use this modality to create the illusion of safety. A few official looking emails will usually do the trick, or if they're more sophisticated, a fake website. A very insidious trick used by the more sophisticated scammers, more often vlads (Eastern European) than lads.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The lads have been known to use fake escrow sites. There will be a last minute problem arise and instead of using Ebay they will switch to a "better" site.

It certainly reads like a scam, why would anyone pay (at least) 1/2 the asking price of a car for a flight from the UK to Canada? Doesn't make sense to me.

scouter, can you post the full headers of the email that you received?

ETA> Juan beat me to it. Laughing

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
scouter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

re: car‏
Sent: December 22, 2009 1:22:01 AM
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Scouter.
What we're asking for here is the email header. When you open the mail there will be a box somewhere that says "show full header or full message" Just xxxx out YOUR details and copy/paste here.
Welcome by the way. Read and enjoy Smile

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
spot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a Romanian style car scam.

The chances are that if you play things straight you will receive two official looking e-mails from e-bay; one confirming e-bay insurance and another giving you details of a bank account to send your money to.

I suggest that you play along with the scam and if you get the bank account details send you come back to this tread and someone will tell you how to pass them on to someone who will then pass them onto the authorities.

maleko40
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Where can I go to find out informatoin on Romanian scammers?
spot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"Romanian car scams" are a style of car scam originally from Romania involving fake e-bay and other on-line listings, with follow up confirmation e-mails from spoofed e bay accounts.

These days they can be from just about anywhere.

scouter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jeff wrote:
Hi Scouter.
What we're asking for here is the email header. When you open the mail there will be a box somewhere that says "show full header or full message" Just xxxx out YOUR details and copy/paste here.
Welcome by the way. Read and enjoy Smile

Sorry. I'm a computer dummy.My wife got an email reply from this girl after she emailed this woman(or him) about the car..I asked her about the email header and she said she couldn't get it.Deleted i think

Anyway, the car is on the site called buysell.com. All the cars are from across canada.I think this guy has quite a few cars on this site.I've e-mailed sellers about 2 other cars (very sure it's the same guy) yesterday.Haven't gotten any response yet.

The funny part about it is the seller has the cars listed in miles.We always got by kilometers up here in canada.
Jonas Parker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know this may be overstating the obvious, but if this scammer is dealing with you through your regular email account, drop him like a hot rock, then read the "Bait Safe" posts here on the "Eater University" forum.

You can always go back after him from a bogus gmail account set up in the name of a baiting "persona".

scouter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This guy even has atv,s on the sit

2008 KAWASAKI BRUTE FORCE 750 efi - CAD $2700‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: December 28, 2009 1:33:17 AM

Hello again,

My unit is in great shape,no engine problems,clear title,damages or
hidden defects.It was always garaged and the price is CAD $2,700.

I`m a single mother with 2 children because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this unit, i don`t need it and that`s why i`m selling it so cheap.

My unit is at the shipping company in Victoria,BC.
I will use eBay`s protection program for our safety because I am affiliated there with a
protection account of $20000.I will send you the unit and you have 5 days inspection
period,before you decide to buy it.If for any reason you reject the unit I will pay the
shipping back to my location.
Here is how it will work:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
- Phone number

P.S. Please don`t forget to send me your info!

Best Regards!
Johanna Paz

Last edited by scouter on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
scouter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've also set up a gmail account.

fromJohanna Paz <[email protected]>

dateSun, Dec 27, 2009 at 9:32 PM
subject2006 Lexus IS 350 - CAD$5000
mailed-bygmail.com
signed-bygmail.com

hide details 9:32 PM (11 hours ago)

Hello again,

My unit is in great shape,no engine problems,clear title,damages or
hidden defects.It was always garaged and the price is CAD $5,000.

I`m a single mother with 2 children because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this unit, i don`t need it and that`s why i`m selling it so cheap.

My unit is at the shipping company in Victoria,BC.
I will use eBay`s protection program for our safety because I am affiliated there with a
protection account of $20000.I will send you the unit and you have 5 days inspection
period,before you decide to buy it.If for any reason you reject the unit I will pay the
shipping back to my location.
Here is how it will work:
1. First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
- Phone number

P.S. Please don`t forget to send me your info!

Best Regards!
Johanna Paz
scouter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have 4 Gmail accounts set up.having some fun with this guy.He is all over the site with everything from trucks,snowmobiles,atv's.

I gave him a name and billing adress through one of my gmail accounts.He then sent me some info. regarding that ebay protection program? Any ideas on what to do? I'm new at this.

Also, after ignoring him from my wife's email for over a week,he sent another email regading the car.Should he be dropped like Jonas Parker suggested.Is it still safe to play along with him through a regular email account?
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any contact to accounts related to your real life should be dropped and ignored, only use your baiting addresses.

Any questions about how this plays out, just ask the scammer! Initially you want to play along ldumb like real victims, but ask questions about the protection scheme etc - seem compliant, willing, but a bit thick - the perfect victim. Soon enough he'll send you faked ebay emails, etc, and some bank account details (which you report and get closed down) or demand money through Western Union (in which case we have other fun ways to play with your scammer)

In the meantime, read, read, read - you'll get loads of ideas reading other peoples baits!

Welcome, btw Smile

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had some idiot about 6 months ago try that on me with a Stratocaster (I make my own guitars, and sometimes sell them on CL).

He tried the old "oversized money order" bit. I insisted local only, cash only....nope, he sent me more crap about how he's scheduling a courier to pick it up. I never disclosed an address, as I knew this was not cool from the get-go (calling the Stratocaster "the item" and referring to the price as "the bid on the item").

Seriously, these people are dense. Unfortunately, this turned out to be a macro of theirs. No real person behind it, no source of amusement. Sad
scouter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had gotten a E-mail a few days ago from this scammer regarding that Ebay protection program wanting me to go to the nearest western union for payment on a purchase for an ATV.

The scammer gave me her address on this so called secure Ebay protection program. She gave her address in the ebay email.So I punched up the address on whitepages.ca and her name matches up with her adress and gives the phone number in Fort McMurray,Alberta.What's up with that.
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

WU payment is a deffo scam indicator.

A lookat the headers is still highly desirable. As I think you are using Gmail for your mail you can get the header using the following method
Quote:
Log into your Gmail account with your username and password, Open up the mail. To display the email headers, Click on the Reply drop down box and select Show Original.

Cut and paste everything and delete your own details ( if necessary)

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
scouter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

music man wrote:
WU payment is a deffo scam indicator.

A lookat the headers is still highly desirable. As I think you are using Gmail for your mail you can get the header using the following method
Quote:
Log into your Gmail account with your username and password, Open up the mail. To display the email headers, Click on the Reply drop down box and select Show Original.

Cut and paste everything and delete your own details ( if necessary)

Oh, I definitly know it's a scam.She also sent me another message for that Ebay protection progran with the same name,but Victoria B.C.
So I checked out that address in the white pages and its a hair replacment businness.

Here's the original header I think.

Delivered-To:
Received: by 10.231.149.140 with SMTP id t12cs832694ibv;
Sun, 3 Jan 2010 07:58:35 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.229.93.41 with SMTP id t41mr1526119qcm.81.1262534315285;
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 07:58:35 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from QMTA02.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net (qmta02.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net [76.96.62.24])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 7si25991010qyk.114.2010.01.03.07.58.34;
Sun, 03 Jan 2010 07:58:35 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 76.96.62.24 as permitted sender) client-ip=76.96.62.24;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 76.96.62.24 as permitted sender) [email protected]
Received: from OMTA17.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net ([76.96.62.89])
by QMTA02.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net with comcast
id R3nh1d0031vXlb8523ybxL; Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:58:35 +0000
Received: from sz0169.wc.mail.comcast.net ([76.96.59.98])
by OMTA17.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net with comcast
id R40M1d002279u0k3d40MJL; Sun, 03 Jan 2010 16:00:21 +0000
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:58:35 +0000 (UTC)
To: freddy quahog <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <1224238504.5861601262534315472.JavaMail.root@sz0169a.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net>
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: 2006 Lexus IS 350 - CAD$5000
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_312546_93219481.1262534315470"
X-Originating-IP: [172.163.46.60]
X-Mailer: Zimbra 5.0.19_GA_3172.RHEL5_64 (ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Win)/5.0.19_GA_3172.RHEL5_64)

------=_Part_312546_93219481.1262534315470
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I put the headers through: http://www.ip-adress.com/trace_email/
She's in Kansas apparently.

Email Tracing successful!
The email sender
[email protected]
used at Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:58:35 +0000 (UTC) the IP address: 172.163.46.60 from United States, .

Email Sender IP address location & IP address info:
IP address [?]: 172.163.46.60 [Whois]
IP address country: ip address flag United States
IP address state: n/a
IP address city: n/a
IP address latitude: 38.0000
IP address longitude: -97.0000
ISP of this IP [?]: America Online
Organization: America Online
Host of this IP: [?]: ACA32E3C.ipt.aol.com [Whois]
Full-screen
Email sender [email protected] data ©2009 Google - Terms of Use
50 mi
100 km
IP Tracker, IP LocatorIP-address.com - IP Tracer and IP Locator. What is my IP address? IP Tracer and IP Locator. Hello guest sign up now!
Remaining lookups today: 0 (Get more)
My IP is: 69.27.187.13
Home IP Tracing Reverse IP My IP Hide IP Email Trace Speedtest IP Distance IP FAQ Proxy Checker Who Is Domain/IP Sitemap
ip address tracker
my ip IP Tracing and IP Tracking (172.163.46.60)

IP address: 172.163.46.60
This is a: ip address flag United States IP address

172.163.46.60 converted to decimal and hex:

IP decimal IP hex
2896375356 aca32e3c

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
scouter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

fartina o'douriss

These 2 from the same area?

Received: from blu0-omc4-s26.blu0.hotmail.com ([65.55.111.165]) by bay0-hmmc2-f24.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 04:21:21 -0800
Received: from BLU141-W17 ([65.55.111.135]) by blu0-omc4-s26.blu0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959);
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 04:21:07 -0800

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.231.161.196 with HTTP; Sat, 9 Jan 2010 08:47:31 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 12:47:31 -0400
Delivered-To:
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: car
To: Frank Owens <[email protected]>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=000325574bde769dcb047cbe0f57
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, the exact same spot in kansas!
I also googled his email address and a page of scams popped up.
Email Tracing successful!
The email sender

used at the IP address: 65.55.111.135 from United States, .

Email Sender IP address location & IP address info:
IP address [?]: 65.55.111.135 [Whois]
IP address country: ip address flag United States
IP address state: n/a
IP address city: n/a
IP address latitude: 38.0000
IP address longitude: -97.0000
ISP of this IP [?]: Microsoft Corp
Organization: Microsoft Corp

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wtf? A scammer in my neck of the woods?

Comcast is an internet service provider located in Lenexa, Kansas. If the scammer is using a comcast email address it looks like she's using her internet provider email address. Let me see if I can come up with a name to send this information to.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
That would be awesome Jayhawk! Maybe you could get her arrested and have a shiny gold shield in your siggy!

write to living...

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scouter, pm me the info that you have on this. I've got a friend that works with the Kansas City Missouri police department (for those of you that don't know, part of Kansas City is in Kansas, and part in Missouri), and he's going to see if he's got a contact with the KBI (Kansas Bureau of Investigation) that we can forward this to. My friend's wife just had a baby, so it will probably be a week or so before he makes it back into work. That should give us time to get all our ducks in a row.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic