SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

wireless networking

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
spot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Help and advice need here.

Windows XP

What I'm trying to do is a connect a stand alone desktop computer to my wireless network but it's not happening "Limited or no connectivity" is the message

The standalone can see the wireless router (full strength) but not connect.

Searches around the net seem to suggest that the network doesn't like the IP address of the new machine.

I have released and renewed the IP address but it keeps giving me the same one back again.

The working network is 192.168.1.2 and the problem machine begins 168.xxxxxxxx

I read somewhere that both those numbers should be different but close together.

Can I manually change the Internal IP address of the problem machine and how do I do it ?

..... and I except someone round at my place within the next three hours do do it for me ! Smile

Huntington
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i can send you a new ip address, but unfortunatly there is a small release fee of only $1140. just send it via wesxern onion to...

luckey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I ran into something like this when I set up my wireless network, but it was so long ago, I'm not sure I remember what I did to fix it. I may have configured the wireless receiver cards to be in the same IP range as the router.

I found this by Googling a bit:

Quote:
1)Go into the Local Area Connection Properties section of your Ethernet Adapter.
2)Next,select "Internet Protocol TCP\IP" in the list of protocols and sevices that you have there and Click the "Properties" button.
3)Then you get another dialog-box "Internet Protocol TCP\IP Properties" in which you will select "use the following IP address"
3)In the IP address section you enter any IP address for eg: 192.168.0.1 and in the Subnet Mask section you put in 255.255.255.0 a Class C network since you have a very small network.Then Click the OK button and the system would restart for the settings to take place.
Repeat the same procedure in the remaining machines too and ensure that they all have different IP addresses like 192.168.0.2 & 192.168.0.3 and so (notice that only the last number has changed)also, please enter the same subnet mask should be absolutely the same in each and every machine.
Hope this helps.

It sounds familiar.

A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What I did is similar to what Lucky found:

Go to start
Control Panel
Network connections
Highlight Connected Network
Right Click –
See drop down Menu
Chose Properties
Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) & double click
Box opens:
Tick Use Following IP Address:
(put in the info from the working machine below)
IP:
Subnet:
Default Gateway:

Tick: Use following DNS Server (if available)
Preferred DNS Server:
Alternate: (may be left blank)

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
spot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to two out of three of you Smile

I've found everything listed expect:-

Quote:
Tick: Use following DNS Server (if available)
Preferred DNS Server:
Alternate: (may be left blank)

What is my"Preferred DNS Server" , where do I find it ? ...is there another name for it (maybe)

HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also check your wireless router to see how many address it will allow and make sure you have set security correct. You don't want to share your internet connection with the neighbours.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>

Last edited by HitchHiker on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Try ticking the box that says Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically. I actually think that this part can be left blank also.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another thing. If this is a direct connection, you need to make sure the speed and duplex setting are the same for the router and the PC. Usually 100/full.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
crossfire
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Spot,

The most possible reason for 'Limited or no connectivity' is one of the security devices your using is not compatible. Most new devices now support WAP2-PSK alone with 'AES' or TKIP, try running with out security and if u can connect then thats ur problem, In your router u should see WAP2-PSK, then select 'AES+TKIP' then on the other machine select the same or just 'AES' or 'TKIP' or both if it shows it. You should be good to.

I had the same exact problem your having and spent 45.00 for a new modem in the laptop 'hp', and three months trying too figure it out.
WEP was not supported on the wireless modem for the laptop.

WEP is no longer supported in newer device due to easily cracked by hackers.

One other thing, if using a linksys usb wireless or other brand, don't us the software that comes with it, us windows wireless zero configuration.

Hope this helps....

cf

for your own good now you want to fuck up with me <[email protected]>
Osama Bin Laddin's hard Rocket [mask:1]<drmkhoza@unionplus>[/mask:1]
please send my details on how to reach you thanks <[email protected]>
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR SELF BY SENDING ME FAKE INFORMATION OK <tony_emeka>
Phish 1x United States
Fake Banks Killed: United Kingdom x8 |Nigeria x1 |Spain x1
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to have problems like this.

It was usually the string or the can that was the problem... Shocked

I do hope you get this sorted and I shudder that I have been thinking of linking several computers together in the home. I'm not planning wireless though. Too scary. Confused

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Philo Kvetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes services that start before wireless cause an incorrect IP to be assigned and you will receive that error.

Open a command window... start>run>cmd
type ipconfig/renew

If it keeps happening systematically disable stuff that automatically starts until you find the offender.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

spot wrote:
What is my"Preferred DNS Server" , where do I find it ? ...is there another name for it (maybe)

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are good fast ones, run by Google. I generally don't use ISP-provided DNS servers because a lot of ISPs (Comcast in particular) have proven themselves to be absolutely incompetent at running them, and some use them to hijack mistyped URLs and redirect them to a search page full of ads. That said, if you're not actually having problems with DNS, there's no real reason to change this - it can make things slightly faster in some cases but generally won't matter.

By the way, 169.0.0.0/8 addresses are automatically picked by Windows when there's a problem getting an address from the router. They're not real addresses, and won't work outside of the local system. (The technical term is "link-local address", if you want to read more.)

Quote:
One other thing, if using a linksys usb wireless or other brand, don't us the software that comes with it, us windows wireless zero configuration.

Please, for the love of all that is holy and for the good of the world, follow this advice. That crap makes me want to puke. Just wanted to get that off my chest, first person I've found who agrees with me Smile

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I recommend OpenDNS (free version) for your DNS Server. I have been using it for about a year and I find it very fast and highly customizable.

http://www.opendns.com/

Here are the IP's

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

if u have 'Limited or no connectivity' on a wireless u will not receive an
IP, it cant, because it cannot connect, logic only tells the truth... Wink

for your own good now you want to fuck up with me <[email protected]>
Osama Bin Laddin's hard Rocket [mask:1]<drmkhoza@unionplus>[/mask:1]
please send my details on how to reach you thanks <[email protected]>
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR SELF BY SENDING ME FAKE INFORMATION OK <tony_emeka>
Phish 1x United States
Fake Banks Killed: United Kingdom x8 |Nigeria x1 |Spain x1
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd agree that the most likely cause is that the security has not been set-up correctly.

For high security you need WPA-PSK2, but if you have a Nintendo DS in the house, you have to use WEP. Evil or Very Mad

Use TKIP encryption; that seems to be more available. (eg. My Netgear DG834 doesn't support AES). WPA-802.1x needs a server, which you don't have.

When setting up, set the router to broadcast the SSID, but once everything is working switch it off. It means any drive-by stealing of your bandwidth has to mess around for 5-10 minutes longer.

And of course, make sure you type the pass-phrase right every time.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic