SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scambaited first, found site second,In progress where to go?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Soldier4justice
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So my neighbor got scammed. I got the scammers email and decided to do a little of my own investigation. Thought maybe the law would help me if I got this guy hung out and sending me checks left and right. Wrong. They don't seem to care much at any level of the law. So here I am scambaiting and didnt even know it. Then I found THIS site trying to find other scamming information through google. So hear I am green as can be, rookie to the fullest and on my first baiting mission. Its raw, all of the names are a goof of course. Im at a crossroads though and have antied up the 'offer' for the scammer. So read, enjoy, and Vets, please give me some direction on where to go from here!!!! Next time Ill take the freaking tutorial!!! Everyone meet the scambait Rook Josh and the scammer Kelvin Paul
On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Joshua <[email protected]>
>>>> wrote:
Thank you for your interest in my bike. Ilove my bike its a prize
possesion and I have many fond memories on it.With economic turmoil and my mounting bills I can't hold onto it anymore. Its a great bike I have rebuilt it from the ground up and just re-bored the engine so it really kicks ass. The price is 1700 and that is firm. I cannot go any lower than that for it considering its quality an performance along with the money I put into the machine. So if the price isn't too much and you still have interest get back to me asap so we can discuss finilazing a deal possibly. Thank you for your consideration, Joshua Demille
Of course the bike is completely a ghost. There was no pictures and I sent this email to the scammer out of nowhere. This is my return from scammy

>>>>To: Joshua <[email protected]> (Rook)
>>>>Sent: Tue, December 29, 2009 10:13:04 PM
>>>>Subject: Payment arrangement of my 2000 YZ-250
Thanks for your response,am okay with your asking price and am willing to go ahead with the payment right away and because of my present location, my client will mail out check for $4,800 you are do deduct you own portion of the money for the Bike which is $1,700 and additional $100 for your running around and understanding towards making this transaction a progress and the rest money will be sent by you to shipping company after payment has cleared the bank...The reason for that amount is becos i have other properties the shipping company will ship to me along with the Bike, I will need you to Kindly send me the name and address you want the check to be mailed out you. Waiting to read from you.
I thought WOW this guy's return subject is Payment arrangement for a bike he hasnt seen? Nor Exists? Is this a joke or am I getting punked??
Time to play same name games.

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 7:45 PM, Joshua <[email protected]>
>>> wrote:
>>>Im a little uncomfortable with the entire process that you speak of but certainly believe 100$ would be worth it in the long run.. I only ask, and Not that its any of my business, and if you dont want to answer i can understand, but is the bike gonna be for personal usage or in some type of training facilty or camp of some sort. Only curious cause it seems you may be a bit higher end of a buyer than i may have suspected. But either way or another i have to sell it so it doesnt really matter to me either way. Its just been a cherished bike that i have had alot of fond memories on. My name as of the 5th will be changed to Joshua Hamilton so that is what I'd like it to be drawn to. Its currently Hartnett but some personal issues with family have pushed me into taking my mother's name.

>>>To: Joshua <[email protected]>
>>>Sent: Wed, December 30, 2009 6:35:49 AM
>>>Subject: Re: Payment arrangement of my 2000 YZ-250
Hi Joshua,
I am glad you emailed me as soon as i expected it, I do like to let you know that the bike is gonna be for my personal usage, Right now i am currently out of my home town for some brief business transaction that will take till the or before the end of January 2010, so i would like us to proceed with the purchase as i have already made an arrangement with my client to mail out a check to you for the amount i told you in my previous mail and i hope you can handle the situation for me as to make the transaction a successful one..And as for the 100$ , that from me to you for expenses and understanding to making this a success and i hope that amount is okay for you..You mentioned it that your name will be changed from the former one to Joshua Hamilton so i want to know if you will like the check payment to be mailed to Joshua Hartnett or other name.
Get back to me with the name and address you will like the check to be mailed to and i hope you know what to do when you get the check.
Thanks for your cooperation and understanding..Waiting for your responds.

Kinda repetitive and I apologize but I promise stay with it and its good at the end... But where to go where to go!!!

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Joshua<[email protected]>
>> wrote:
Thank you for answering me Kelvin. I was kinda worried it was going to be used and abused by many riders without maybe alot of training on such a fine piece of equipment. So I appreciate your straight forward answer on my query. I think that the 100 dollars is suitable for whatever time it may inconveine me to take care of the minute details in order to make this transaction successful. My name will legally be Joshua Hamilton so that is what i'd like the check to be made out to.mailed to 456 Sesame Street Reading PA 19636. After I get your check, or before, please give me detailed instructions on what i am supposed to do with the overpayment as far as your shipping company goes and what i am supposed to do with it. Once again I thank you for your up-front answers on my concerns on the future of the bike even though it really has no affect to me considering i will be relinquishing ownership.

So Im thinking now this guy or guys by the different levels of education replying to me are gonna quit it with me. Nope. I threw a wrench in the spokes and here is where it starts to get enticing...,I got an email re-explaining my job was to send money to the 'shipping' company and blah blah.... My reply...

On 12/31/09, Joshua <[email protected]> wrote:
Sounds great. I don't think that will be nearly as difficult as everything else I am going through. Which leads me to a inconveinent question. Have you already sent payment? If you have I will deal with it. If you haven't I'd like to give you another address. Reason being, flat out, Im going through a divorce and have already loss Way too much money, funds, and personal affects as it is. So I am leaving where I am and going to have all mail sent to another location. I will know the exact place of residence in a day or two. But as I have said if you already sent payment I will just have to stay a few days away from the office and make sure that bitch doesn't find out about any more of my assets that i am currently liquidating. Thank you for your thoughts and sorry for any inconveinence it may have caused you.. Joshua

It gets better....Who says scammies dont have a heart....

> To: Joshua <[email protected]>
> Sent: Thu, December 31, 2009 2:48:15 AM
> Subject: Re: Payment arrangement of my 2000 YZ-250
Every thing is under control , i dont want us to be in a rush so i will like you to do everything asap and get back to me with your new ressidential address so by Monday the check should be mailed out...But meanwhile i do like you to take things real easy as regarding what you a passing through this resent time. As soon as you moved into your new address , i will like you to get back to me with the address and your contact cell phone number and i want all this done as soon as possible. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. Regards. Kelvin.

Wow, he REALLY cares!! Next one is lil lame but keepin the bait fresh

On 12/31/09, Joshua <[email protected]> wrote:
Oh that is great Kelvin. And no, Thank You for your cooperation and
understanding in this delicate matter. Hell of a time of the year for this
shit!! But it'll be under control quite soon, bad weather in the area today
but Im going to look at two townhouses today and will have a new residential address for you in prob the next 48 hours. So as I said thank you and I will email you the new address promtly. I also ran the bike for a little and changed all fluids yesterday and the motorcycle is purring like one happy cat!! So Ill be in touch very soon. Cordially, Joshua

Holiday special!!

To: Joshua<[email protected]>
Sent: Sat, January 2, 2010 6:36:25 AM
Subject: Good Morning and Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Joshua,
Hope all is well with you over there....well just wanna wish a
Happy New Year and also to remind you not to forget to send me your
new home address so i can send you the check. Awaiting to read from you.

So by now Im bored, he is prob getting bored and Im sure you reading are bored. But two shorts and my finale....

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 1:15 AM, Joshua <[email protected]> wrote: I have not forgotten about the deal surely. It is just about 2 Pm here and I am having a tough time deciding on the 2 places I found. I will be signing a new lease on Monday either way. Its through the same realtor and I promised them a decision by then cause he has other intersts and clients. So as of Monday we will be able to take the steps in order to secure payment and have my/your bike sent. Thank you for your New Years wishes and talk very soon.

So his interest is really going cause this is what i get in reply...

To: Joshua <[email protected]>
Sent: Mon, January 4, 2010 6:47:59 PM
Subject: Re: Happy New Year to you as well!
Okay... don't forget to send me the address of the new location u are in now.. in order to send payment asap.
Kelvin.

Which leads me to my crown of the bait so far as an untrained rookie, the re-reeling of my good becoming long-time pal Kelvin........

Joshua <[email protected]>
writes To: Kelvin Paul <[email protected]>

Sorry for the delay in email. Im still working on a means for secure mail delivery. I have other things that Im in the process of selling as going through this divorce there are many things that I am liquidating in order to make this process smoother and fatten my pocket at the same time. If you have any interests in gold pieces, earrings, a few rare collectibles and some fine china ware or another person who may let me know. The more valuable piece is my South Africa Gold Krugerrand circa 1978.
Geography: South Africa
Coinage Type: Gold Bullion Coinage
Denomination: Krugerrand
Year: 1978
Composition: Gold
Catalog Number: KM# 73
Product ID: EPID78130359 And this is 1300 firm.
They were all gifts through the marriage that neither I want or that bitch is gonna get! They are listed on Ebay and Craiglist as well. If motor vehicles are your thing though I do have another 4 wheel Blaster that I put on Craiglist too. But just Craiglist cause that price is firm. If you have any interest in any of this and want more info let me know. Its probably all irrelevant and Im nuts for telling you all of this considering I only know you VIA craigslist sales but Im becoming desperate to find a home and unload alot of items that have no monetary or emotional value to me anymore.Its all in a storage facility now as I am staying in motel until I find suitable residency. So Ill be in contact with you again tomorrow, Im leaving the office and meeting the Realtor again tonight so I hope to have something for you tomorrow.
Sincerely and Grateful, Joshua

Id say after this one I either never hear from him again or their eyes will pop dollar signs in them and the hunt will be back on. Its pretty boring long and stale. As I said I never knew of the sport until I had already started. This is continuing contact and I will see what "Kelvin" returns mail but I would like some ideas or support on where to go from here and to maybe make this into a ok Scambaiting for a true freshman and first at trying it!! Thanks!!
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, Soldier! Sounds like you have a great head start.

Read through the stickies in Eater U and the FAQ section on Hints and Tips.

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
Soldier4justice
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So I go to check mail and my buddy, best friend rather, Kelvin Dings me to chat. So I chat. Now keep in mind I have not accepted him as a contact, Ive never been married nor even engaged, there is no office I work in nor am I even working. There are no Items in reality but I think he smells fake and gets right to the point but begins to come around at the end. Once again Im looking for assistance on where to go with this so keep the criticism's positive and TEACH me!!! But he is definetly BAITED!!
<ding> 9:47 PM
Hello 9:48 PM
This Kelvin..talk to me here 9:48 PM

<ding> 9:48 PM

Hey Kelvin, Im in my office now, I cant talk much I sent you an email with some information, Im still working on completing my necessities to make final preparations for our deal. 9:50 PM Me

k.paul73
Okay 9:50 PM

But regarding your email 9:51 PM I want us to first conclude on the purchase of the Bike first before we talk about other properties you will like to sale ok 9:51 PM

No problem I apologize with great sincerity on the over indulgence of information 9:52 PM Me

k.paul73
And the most important thing is the address to mail the check payment to 9:52 PM
There is no problem , i understand 9:52 PM
whats the name of your bank?? 9:53 PM

Just alot going on and alot of things I am dealing with. I have my realtor coming in about 15 mins after now.... 9:53 PM
Citizens and Wachovia 9:53 PM Me

k.paul73
Ok 9:54 PM

I also have some holding in Fargo and other investments but they are for my lawyers to deal with through the divorce 9:54 PM Me

k.paul73
I have been thinking 9:54 PM
Okay 9:54 PM
We can have this deal worked out through bank transfer 9:55 PM
And i will have my client do that for me cos i have him owing me some money which i would like some of the money to be paid out for my bike 9:56 PM
Cos this transaction has really taken long and i was made to understand that check will take some business days more to get cleared in the bank so i will like us to go through a bank to bank transfer 9:57 PM
Okay 9:57 PM
<ding> 9:57 PM

Okay how exactly would you like to go about doing that? Ive had my identity stolen two years ago so if you think Im going to give you my bank info your nuts. All due respect. 9:58 PM
Me

k.paul73
Well i understand how u feel about this and i am really sorry about your past experience 9:59 PM

And not necessarily that I do or don;'t trusdt you its more the entire internet i dont trust with hackers and all that 10:00 PM Me

k.paul73
Every information as regarding you is safe if given to me 10:00 PM
Yes u are right 10:00 PM
One has to be very careful this days 10:00 PM

Where is your home if I may ask? 10:01 PM Me

k.paul73
I am located in Canada 10:01 PM

Oh ok cool I like it up there, only been when I was a kid but i go to Maine alot 10:02 PM
and Vermont 10:02 PM Me

k.paul73
I am a business man that will not ndulge in anything to hurt any body 10:02 PM

I only need the bike asap 10:03 PM
Thats cool 10:03 PM

Life is cool in canada 10:03 PM
Yeah its gotta be REALLY friggin cold Cause I know here In PA it is FRIGID!!! 10:04 PM
Me

k.paul73
Oh okay 10:04 PM
So how has it been going with you getting a new apartment 10:04 PM
? 10:04 PM

What kinda business are you in? I sell Insurance 10:04 PM
Me

k.paul73
Coo 10:05 PM

Cool 10:05 PM
I am into supply 10:05 PM

Like I said realtor is gonna be here about any minute now really he is actually 5 mins late, but he has been waiting on me kinda like you... 10:05 Pm So i have two disgruntled people 10:05 PM

and a bitch wife on my ass, and her lawyers 10:05 PM Me

k.paul73
ok 10:06 PM

I taught u done with all the divorce thing with her 10:06 PM
what else 10:06 PM
what she looking for from you now? 10:06 PM

i dont know if you ever been through a divorce it def doesnt get done overnight!!! money, property, expensive things I bought with my money that she believes she is entitled to 10:07 PM

ya know what most evil women on this earth go for 10:07 PM
Me

k.paul73
Yeah i now all that 10:08 PM
know*** 10:08 PM

U really have to take thing easy 10:08 PM
she want every property of you to be shared equally with her right? 10:08 P

Basically, tho she did nothing for the six years we were together... she isnt my first wife and prob wont be my last I know how to deal with it.... 10:10 PM Me

k.paul73
Good 10:11 PM

Just make sure you take things real easy so you dont loose at all okay 10:11 PM Women can be desperate and dangerous at times 10:12 PM

Oh absolutely Kelvin, I always keep it cool!!! 10:12 PM
Me

k.paul73
so be careful with her and do everything and keep ur self on the safe side 10:12 PM Okay 10:12 PM

Okay and Thank you for the nice chat. My guy just called I got to go down and meet him at the door. I will hear from you by email or you will hear from me very soon. Thank you for your thoughts and concerns!!! 10:13 PM
Me

k.paul73
You talked about having a 4wheel 10:13 PM

Yeah give me about half hour if your still here we can talk then 10:14 PM
Me

k.paul73
I will be here 10:14 PM

try and be back here so we can conclude , bank to bank tansfer wont take time and after the purchase of the bike we will talk about other valuables u made mention of that u have on craigslist 10:15 PM
Try and add me to your friends list

As I was updating this onto here I received notice that I had another email which came at 10:21 pm, 7 mins after last message.

It was really nice chatting with you, I don't want you to just see me
as someone you just know through craigslist, but i rather want you to
see me as a friend you can always count on ...I know definitely that
after this transaction we will still have other nice business together
in the future so i will make sure i do everything to keep this
relationship secure..
I will be waiting on you to come back online so we can continue our
chat from where we stopped.
Thanks.
Kelvin.

I think this is hilarious cause we didnt meet through craigslist I never have had anything on it. I emailed him first without anything even on craigslist. I just got his email from my scammed buddy. Anyway, I suppose he is hooked and baited now I just need to know what to do to make this really funny. Or maybe Ill go for the longest most boring scambait in scambaiting history!?!?!!!!
Soldier4justice
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So I go to check mail and my buddy, best friend rather, Kelvin Dings me to chat. So I chat. Now keep in mind I have not accepted him as a contact, Ive never been married nor even engaged, there is no office I work in nor am I even working. There are no Items in reality but I think he smells fake and gets right to the point but begins to come around at the end. Once again Im looking for assistance on where to go with this so keep the criticism's positive and TEACH me!!! But he is definetly BAITED!!
<ding> 9:47 PM
This Kelvin..talk to me here 9:48 PM

<ding> 9:48 PM

Hey Kelvin, Im in my office now, I cant talk much I sent you an email with some information, Im still working on completing my necessities to make final preparations for our deal. 9:50 PM Me

k.paul73
Okay 9:50 PM

But regarding your email 9:51 PM I want us to first conclude on the purchase of the Bike first before we talk about other properties you will like to sale ok 9:51 PM

No problem I apologize with great sincerity on the over indulgence of information 9:52 PM Me

k.paul73
And the most important thing is the address to mail the check payment to 9:52 PM
There is no problem , i understand 9:52 PM
whats the name of your bank?? 9:53 PM

Just alot going on and alot of things I am dealing with. I have my realtor coming in about 15 mins after now.... 9:53 PM
Citizens and Wachovia 9:53 PM Me

k.paul73
Ok 9:54 PM

I also have some holding in Fargo and other investments but they are for my lawyers to deal with through the divorce 9:54 PM Me

k.paul73
I have been thinking 9:54 PM
Okay 9:54 PM
We can have this deal worked out through bank transfer 9:55 PM
And i will have my client do that for me cos i have him owing me some money which i would like some of the money to be paid out for my bike 9:56 PM
Cos this transaction has really taken long and i was made to understand that check will take some business days more to get cleared in the bank so i will like us to go through a bank to bank transfer 9:57 PM
Okay 9:57 PM
<ding> 9:57 PM

Okay how exactly would you like to go about doing that? Ive had my identity stolen two years ago so if you think Im going to give you my bank info your nuts. All due respect. 9:58 PM
Me

k.paul73
Well i understand how u feel about this and i am really sorry about your past experience 9:59 PM

And not necessarily that I do or don;'t trusdt you its more the entire internet i dont trust with hackers and all that 10:00 PM Me

k.paul73
Every information as regarding you is safe if given to me 10:00 PM
Yes u are right 10:00 PM
One has to be very careful this days 10:00 PM

Where is your home if I may ask? 10:01 PM Me

k.paul73
I am located in Canada 10:01 PM

Oh ok cool I like it up there, only been when I was a kid but i go to Maine alot 10:02 PM
and Vermont 10:02 PM Me

k.paul73
I am a business man that will not ndulge in anything to hurt any body 10:02 PM

I only need the bike asap 10:03 PM
Thats cool 10:03 PM

Life is cool in canada 10:03 PM
Yeah its gotta be REALLY friggin cold Cause I know here In PA it is FRIGID!!! 10:04 PM
Me

k.paul73
Oh okay 10:04 PM
So how has it been going with you getting a new apartment 10:04 PM
? 10:04 PM

What kinda business are you in? I sell Insurance 10:04 PM
Me

k.paul73
Coo 10:05 PM

Cool 10:05 PM
I am into supply 10:05 PM

Like I said realtor is gonna be here about any minute now really he is actually 5 mins late, but he has been waiting on me kinda like you... 10:05 Pm So i have two disgruntled people 10:05 PM

and a bitch wife on my ass, and her lawyers 10:05 PM Me

k.paul73
ok 10:06 PM

I taught u done with all the divorce thing with her 10:06 PM
what else 10:06 PM
what she looking for from you now? 10:06 PM

i dont know if you ever been through a divorce it def doesnt get done overnight!!! money, property, expensive things I bought with my money that she believes she is entitled to 10:07 PM

ya know what most evil women on this earth go for 10:07 PM
Me

k.paul73
Yeah i now all that 10:08 PM
know*** 10:08 PM

U really have to take thing easy 10:08 PM
she want every property of you to be shared equally with her right? 10:08 P

Basically, tho she did nothing for the six years we were together... she isnt my first wife and prob wont be my last I know how to deal with it.... 10:10 PM Me

k.paul73
Good 10:11 PM

Just make sure you take things real easy so you dont loose at all okay 10:11 PM Women can be desperate and dangerous at times 10:12 PM

Oh absolutely Kelvin, I always keep it cool!!! 10:12 PM
Me

k.paul73
so be careful with her and do everything and keep ur self on the safe side 10:12 PM Okay 10:12 PM

Okay and Thank you for the nice chat. My guy just called I got to go down and meet him at the door. I will hear from you by email or you will hear from me very soon. Thank you for your thoughts and concerns!!! 10:13 PM
Me

k.paul73
You talked about having a 4wheel 10:13 PM

Yeah give me about half hour if your still here we can talk then 10:14 PM
Me

k.paul73
I will be here 10:14 PM

try and be back here so we can conclude , bank to bank tansfer wont take time and after the purchase of the bike we will talk about other valuables u made mention of that u have on craigslist 10:15 PM
Try and add me to your friends list

As I was updating this onto here I received notice that I had another email which came at 10:21 pm, 7 mins after last message.

relationship secure..
Thanks.
Kelvin.

I think this is hilarious cause we didnt meet through craigslist I never have had anything on it. I emailed him first without anything even on craigslist. I just got his email from my scammed buddy. Anyway, I suppose he is hooked and baited now I just need to know what to do to make this really funny. Or maybe Ill go for the longest most boring scambait in scambaiting history!?!?!!!!
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here. Good for you for wanting to do something about this. Glad you've joined the ranks of scambaiters.

If the information you're using to bait this scammer, however, is your real life email account/name, you should stop all contact with him. You can always re-bait him from a fake/anonymous account or there are a ton other scammers needing baiting.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm guessing you're not a famous actor? Laughing
You should edit your email address out of your posts, though.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Soldier4justice
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great! I like the feedback. And no Im not a famous person or major league baseball player which is the names used. The email was an older one I used time to time but that was kinda a learning lesson in this masterpiece! So feedback and ideas are welcome!! TYVM!!!
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad to hear you're anonymous. Make sure that old account doesn't have your real name attached anywhere.

Quote:
relationship secure..
Thanks.
Kelvin.

I'm sort of curious where he's headed with this. For sure he'll try to scam you . . . I'd just continue your "friendship" with him and see what the next request is. It shouldn't take long.

For ideas you can read the sticky topics in the Scambaiting help forum. There is one titled: "New to baiting and waiting for a mentor? . . ." that has a bunch of info. Also take a look at Eater University, there is a wealth of information in there. Keep reading the forum, as well, you'll get lots of ideas.

If you ask specific questions, we're glad to help. As to where to take the bait? It's up to you. You can bait him straight/serious or you can make it wild and wooly and see if he'll go along for the ride.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Soldier4justice
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

After some of the ones I've read on here I think I wanna stretch it to the most hilarious level I can with him. Ive read a few of the baits done with people that have many posts and am going over the tips and tricks. I want to make something original being as its my first one so im trying to come up with a new 'twist' into my saga with my best friend Kelvin. That email has no info of any relevance on it. So I will keep this updated and love it! Its definetly a eye sagging hobby that Ive become quickly attached to!!
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Watch out, it's addicting. Wink

Don't get discouraged if your first bait doesn't turn out to be a grand show, it happens to all of us. For all of the clever/creative/flashy baits you see, there are plenty that fizzled or are just rather dull.

My suggestion is to let him think he's successfully scamming you while gradually moving your "friendship" forward in a more and more deranged way. He'll have to be pretty hooked before you can get him to do too much and too obvious too fast might spook him.
Gradually enough you can completely change his direction without him really catching on.
Look for a thread titled "how to make a mountain out of a molehill" for some pretty clever baiting by Luckey. The lad has bought some pretty outrageous stories over time. (there are two other threads after that one).

Soldier4justice
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If this guy sends me a picture of a handful of Cheese balls and a fistful of dumb dumbs in the other hand I will be sincerely satisfied in my amatuer audition to scambaiting. Here is my request after a long stale dealing with my best friend Kelvin. If he goes for it I will push it further but I will be surprised if he bites.

This is my most recent email to Mr. Paul and I expect to have a reply within a half hour. If not Im going to bed and will post the results tomorrow. Happy reading

To Kelvin Paul (scammer)
Ive met with my Realtor and we talked about alot of things. The topic of my items of liquidation came up and I let him know of our acquantence, He informed me of these horrible people online doing things in order to take people's money and products. I have to say I was horrified. He did though give me a few fail safe ways in order to protect my money and assests. So in light of this infomation and your eagerness in order to solidify this deal I have come up with a few things in order to clarify on who and what you are. If you meet these standards I will be secure in Emailing my full banking information to you. As well as our possible dealings with other things that I am letting go of. But we can discuss that fter we have the deal for the bike secured. I would like to have a passport or ID scanned and emailed to me. With a seperate picture of you standing by a Royal Canadian Mounted Police Barracks or if your still abroad and travelling a handful of cheese balls which shouldnt be hard to come by. And a lollipop in the other hand. They are both really pretty basic, inexpensive and cheap. If these 2 match than we have a deal. If you have a problem with that then we will have to go from there and decide what else it is that you can do to secure my faith into you so that I can give you my banking information. Thank you kindly and I trust that you will accept my curiosity and fear in doing a deal other wise. I have many money and am not taking any chances of being stolen from again
Skeeteroen
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Soldier and welcome. I lurked here without joining and then took the plunge in November to run my first bait.

Later on I will post a "lessons learned from a rookie"...(it will be of little interest to vets but perhaps might help those of us who are just starting).

But here are my thoughts

1. Baiting is not as easy as it looks. Some of the vets here make it "look" easy (perhaps it is to them now) but it is tougher in some ways than I imagined- but once you get the wind in the sails so to speak it can move in ways that will surprise you. So good luck there

2. You are already doing the most important part which is post and ask questions and seek help. Chances are the vets here have either done it, screwed it up, or seen someone do both so they are a great resource.

3. There are a terrific number of tools here- (no offense to the admins) but that are sometimes hard to find and the amount of information is overwhelming. I would strongly suggest you go to "need a mentor" section and get in line. I have a mentor who is not only a very nice person and willing to answer all of my beginner like questions- but he knows where all the tools are- who to go to to shut down an account- and can help you keep from getting in a ditch. I think my bullet point 3 is the most important thing.

Nice work- welcome- we are doing a service- and you know that since you have a friend that was scammed.

Skeeter

"I plead for pardon as I did not know that this is a violation of law over there in USA. As it was true I was warned to write copy in red ink on papers. I plead for mercy."

" I am runing around to get money to pay the photoman that took the photo and I will send it to you for your confirmations in the next 2hours from now"

"I don't really know wht happned as I have to sell my gas cooker to be present in Accra and now lok at what has happened"

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
gazblue
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Loving the bait! I want to see how it turns out now Very Happy
Sinker
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only two cents I could toss in would be to remember that not all baits have to be funny or full of pop culture references. That was a hard one for me to learn when I started, since it's hard not to want to do one of the awesome baits that you read here. For every one of the cool ones posted, there are probably five or six that are too mundane for people to want to post.

Having said that, welcome to the group! ^_^

Closed lad accounts x3
Cellphone x3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic