SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

can't link pc to lcd tv

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am trying to hook up a Dell desktop pc to a Bush IDLCD32TV. The graphics card is an intel 82865G with the latest driver installed. When I link the pc to the TV via VGA connections on both I am able to see the windows XP log on screen then I get a "no Signal" message. I have also tried vga to hdmi with same result. I have lowered the resolution to the lowest available 800 x 600 but still no joy. If anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4
Closed lad accounts X60 X3
Tattoo Vcamerawatch video here Safari Lagos to Cotonou - thanks Mr. Grant

Mortar Japan Portugal United Kingdom x4 Easter Egg 2012
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No single - is there a loose connection on the PC end of things, at the VGA? Try wiggling. Laughing

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Craig Rolling Eyes but pc works when hooked up to a monitor it's only when hooked up to TV that things go pear shaped Confused

There is a lot of spaces in the receipt for them to put their stamp, so why do they put the stamp on the 10 digital codes, and you know that without the correct number ,western union here cannot issue out the payment. (I know Laughing)
When i tell you how to do things well you will do the opposite Why?-Joseph D1ar4

Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, not owning that particular TV, I can't advise if there are any special settings you must activate via the menu.

Check the manual, if you haven't already.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Caligula
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you see the windows xp logon screen _on your tv_?

Does your desktop have an HDMI-port (I'm guessing not, or you wouldn't be trying VGA)?

Do you, by any chance, have 2 VGA-ports on your computer, so you can hook up the monitor as well as the TV? Or else HDMI and VGA?

Can you use remote desktop (or any 'remote help' stuff like that) from another pc/laptop in your house to control your pc while it's hooked up to the TV (and you could therefore not see what you are doing otherwise)?

Haban1336
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Dell laptop is running Windows, right ?

Most probably your problem is caused by the fact that the laptop display and the additional display port on the side are different outputs. They are not automatically mirrored ( i.e. you see the same thing on both ).

If you can see briefly image on your LCD, then your link is working. Don't wiggle it, as you make broke something and broken connectors are no fun.

Instead, after you connect everything, go to your display properties ( Right click on desktop->Properties->Settings). You should see two rectangles there - 1 & 2. Number 2 should be "grayish" i.e. disabled. Right click on that and choose "attached". Somewhere there was an option to use that TV ( or second display to your laptop ) either to mirror your main display, or to extend your desktop to it.

HTH

foo
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My XP box sometimes likes to change resolutions for no reason at all right after logging on. Maybe yours is doing something similar and that's throwing off the TV? What resolution does the TV take?

(I've never had a reason to connect a TV to a computer, so I can't give any specific advice. Just throwing suggestions out there.)

Unopenable image file | mtcntool | IBMP

"Having acknowledge your email with the content well noted and understood,see we have had enough off this shit from you." --Lamido Sanusi
"i want to scam you ! please understand . i am scamer !" --a scamer
"shit happens. but there's always a silver lining" --Slightly
Agent419
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On some tv's if you are connecting by VGA you need to go into the menu (on the TV) and make sure its set to PC(RGB) or something like that and not set to component video.

Badges of Honour - Closed lad accounts x3 Sand Timer - 14 months Easter Egg 2013 Easter 2015

Founding member of the mysterious 'Agency'. a privately funded group of anonymous agents dedicated to annoying, humilating and generally being a pain in the ass to all those who scam the innocent.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Not helpful. but I have the same problem. I plugged a video lead from the laptop into the TV the first time I tried to watch football on the internet, it worked fine.

Somehow the wife and I had an argument over me using the TV and stopping her watching some dross or other, and I pulled the lead out in a strop, while it was still connected to the laptop.

It has never worked again, no matter how I try. Sad

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Star A Star
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^next time try unplugging the wife Wink

or do as I did and make sure you have tv's in every room Laughing

i am tired of all these rusbish, i am waisiting my time andf mone
Ok i will try and take the form to my staff members, once i get the form filled, i am not ready to fill another form, make sure that this is all the forms, i am going to fill them and once i get them done, i will not fill another form
If you see how i was insulted in the western union office, you will pitty me - nope you're wrong there pal
Haban1336
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Roycropper - sorry mate, but most probably either your laptop or your TV is damaged. Check the connectors to see if there is visible damage ( bent wires, bent plastic, cracks, etc ) or test the TV with different laptop and the laptop with a different TV/monitor to determine which one wins a trip to the repair shop. And better luck with wifey next time.

@Star a Star: in every room ?

Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Haban: It's about a desktop if I read correctly, not a laptop Wink

Haban1336
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oops, my bad.
As usual, I miss some details. Yet - it behaves the same, if the video card have 2 exits.
If there is only one, the problem is with the resolution/refresh rate. conga22 need to check his TV manual to see what combinations are supported and set them *before* connecting the desktop to the TV ( as it was suggested above )

conga22
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have set resolutions before connecting to TV but still can't get anything after windows XP logon screen Crying or Very sad . There is only one monitor showing up in display settings and TV can support up to 1024 x 780 @ 75Hz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic