SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

US folks...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bumsnacks
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In RL I work at a financial institution behind the scenes. We have received word that there is a lot of fraud happening on debit cards all of a sudden. Most of the cases have occured with a counterfeit card being present. Please check your statements and your accounts and report any suspected fraud ASAP. Your FI will thank you, and your account balance will thank you. At this time we don't know if a database somewhere was hacked or not. I should add that most of the fraud is in the sunshine state of FL but there is other fraud happening down south.
As for the non-US folks, move along, nothing to see here.... Cool Sorry.

Edited 1 time for more content
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any press releases on this? It would be good to verify before we all start overwhelming our banks, etc. Thanks for the heads up, though!

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

bumsnacks
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is very hard to verify this for the time being since it is just beginning. With all the bowl games in florida and various pts down south, it is hard for people to know about the fraud yet. (Basically because they are down there.) Others don't know about yet because account statements haven't come out yet. It has prompted the FI I work for to basically put the "death penalty" on any transaction done with a debit card in florida. (Well almost. Certain dollar amounts are still allowed.) After the first week in January, no transactions will be allowed in florida. That will teach them to fly south for the winter! Cool
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do my banking online, and I check my account every day or two. Besides my checking it, I have my online account (with Bank of America, BTW) set up to alert me if a transaction with my debit card occurs online or over the phone, or if it's over a certain amount. They also alert me when deposits are made without going through a teller or ATM.

I'm glad I don't live in or visit Florida anymore.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic