SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Merry Christmas: two lads jailed in Finland

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
-C-
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't have anything to do with this, but I thought I'd share this with you, since it probably won't make into the international news. Finnish newspaper Aamulehti reports (forgive me for a very liberal translation):

Quote:
On Wednesday the court of Iisalmi convicted to jail two Nigerian men who had attempted to scam at least half a million euro from a hotel owner in Iisalmi. The men intended to buy the hotel and wanted to pay part of the sum under-the-counter [I suppose this is the best translation. From the original expression I understood that they offered him a little deal to circumvent the taxes.]
In the presence of the hotel entrepreneur they made "cash" out of white paper with chemicals. Then they asked the entrepreneur for 500,000€ - 700,000€ of real money, so they could quickly make more cash.
The crime's mastermind, a 44 year old man, was convicted to jail without parole for a year and two months. Another one, a 34 year old man, got a month less. A 30 year old man accompanying them was convicted to four months on parole for assisting a crime.

Well, then the crappy part...

Quote:
The state reimburses the assistants [I suppose it means legal assistance] of the convicted approximately 16,000€ in total

Evil or Very Mad 16,000€ of my tax euros for helping bloody freaking lads who were probably too broke to afford a lawyer for themselves!

Still, this definitely was a nice little Christmas gift to yours truly in today's newspaper, so party time! The good guys score again!

happy crowd

Edited multiple times to tinker with the emoticons. Apologies for any brain damage caused for the fastest readers.

Pith Helmet Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso -> Lome, Togo

Pith Helmet Joseph: Accra --> Lome. "IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU TO STOP FOOLING AROUND INTERNET OKAY."

"YOU WILL REGREAT INSULTIN ME. WATCH OUT AS THE TUNDER STROKES." -Idi.

"Hello", "Hello", "Are you a pineapple?" "Yes." -Phone conversation with a random lad now only known as "Mr. Pineapple".
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent - do you have the names as I have an interest in one or two in that area?

Purple Flower
-C-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately no, the article is translated as it was.

Pith Helmet Joseph: Accra --> Lome. "IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU TO STOP FOOLING AROUND INTERNET OKAY."

"Hello", "Hello", "Are you a pineapple?" "Yes." -Phone conversation with a random lad now only known as "Mr. Pineapple".
mathias
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Heart-warming news indeed Laughing

Wish a MERRY Xmas to all Eater members Very Happy

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
-C-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I found some more information on this. Another major newspaper, Helsingin-Sanomat had an article about this on 17th December and I found it from their website. Apparenly I was wrong about "under the counter" deal, but instead they intended to buy the hotel with typical wash-wash "money" and this is what the weird expression "dark money" referred to in the article I originally translated. Not that weird when you think about it actually, but they could have just said "fake money" or something.

And of course for the vic to actually get the money, so the lads could buy the hotel...well, we all know how it goes. Still, pretty weird even for the lads. "Okay, we will buy your hotel. But you have to pay us money so we can get the money to buy your hotel". Uh, great. No wonder the guy called the cops.

The lads of course denied doing anything wrong when questioned by the authorities. Even when the police found the wash-wash chemicals from one lad's hotel room, he claimed he didn't know anything about them. But the explanation of the 44-year old guy was the best:

news wrote:
He claimed that his identical twin had been in Finland simultaneously with him and that he had nothing to do with any hotel business

"My evil twin did it" Laughing.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic