SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question Regarding Closure

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Skeeteroen
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been lurking here on and off since the hilarious segment on This American Life aired in the US. I took the plunge about 6 weeks ago and my first scam is faring a little better than I thought it would. I think I am going to get some trophies- would like to try a safari but I don't think my lad has the $$ to do it- but I am going to try to keep him tied up regardless.

However all good things will come to an end and I forsee that by early January this will probably be over. I have read a few things on other sites about burning (is this the proper term for telling the lad what happened to him? that he got his ass baited off...) or just letting the thing die when he refuses to do one more silly thing without money showing up (not sure what that is called in the lingo of the baiting world).

In general what are the pluses of minuses of burning vs. leaving the lad wondering "what in the hell?"

I know I would get a great deal of personal satisfaction from burning him- but something nags at me and says that this would not be a good thing to do.

Sorry for the long windedness- just wanted some thoughts from vets or baiters with more experience than me (that would be anyone who has completed one bait)
Vampiremerchant
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would seem to me that it would be a bad idea.. the idea is to try NOT to educate the lads,

If your lad suddenly stops emailing just shrug your shoulders and get yourself another playmate !

Closed lad accounts x 35 Easter Egg

Mortar x 100

Thailand (with thanks to Nigel Tuffnel)
Thailand United Kingdom
Thailand
Thailand
Thailand

My dear Brother , if I have to you to scam you, May the WROGHT of GOD be upon me and my generation
pilgrim
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^

You might burn the lad, and feel some satisfaction from it. One advantage might be that you make him more cautious, and he might shy off from real victims who seem a little strange to him.

On the other hand, by burning him you educate him. You increase his awareness of "jokers". (The lads are reluctant to believe in baiters who spend time and money for no apparent reward.) He may also modify his behavior, selecting real victims more carefully, and shying away from baiters who would waste his time and resources, keeping him from scamming real victims.

It's a subjective thing, but many baiters choose NOT to burn a lad at bait's end. Instead they try to appear as a real victim who is intellectually or financially unable to comply with the lad's demands for money. I'm a member of this group, except in unusual circumstances.

United Kingdom x 140 Spain x 45 Togo x 2 Bahamas, The x 9 Ivory Coast x13 Flag Monaco x 3 Nigeria x 19 United States x 6 Netherlands x 41 Switzerland x 8 New Zealand x 2 Canada x 6 Senegal Ghana x 12 Hong Kong South Africa x 4 Cayman Islands x 4 Isle Of Man x 3 Russia United Nations x 21 Belgium x 2 Grenada United Arab Emirates x 7 Malaysia x 6 Benin x 2 Filipino flag Thailand Mugu Reseller Safari x 4 Mortar x 22 Closed lad accounts x 162+ Sand Timer
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My opinion is that burning them is probably more satisfying for the baiter in that you get a few minutes of "ha ha, got you!" but this is at the cost of educating them, so I don't do it.

Additional reasons why I don't think we should burn lads:

If you used any tools from here, they are now implicated as fake. Any de-educating you do while baiting is now worthless as he knows it was all a game.

Plus, lads come back! After you bait a lad and are sure it's over they very often have a way of coming back to you out of the blue some day. I have a lad that I baited for two years continuously.
I dropped contact with him out of boredom about six months ago but didn't burn him. Now, he's emailing me again regularly with a new script, new story, but completely referencing my character and fake ministry from my previous bait. He obviously bought it all hook, line and sinker. (and some of it is pure nonsense and purposeful de-education).

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

+1 for Ima's post.

Burning them is a temporary joy that fades quickly, but a lifetime of the lad wondering "what could have been", is priceless.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As Ima said, you don't really get much out of the "gotcha" at the end of the bait. You know you're baiting the lad, and the longer you can keep him going, the more satisfaction you should get just from stringing him along. When the bait dies, no matter how it dies, just leave him wondering what he did wrong to mess up his scam.

Fake banks Waterlooed: x54 United Kingdom Netherlands Spain United States South Africa Canada Ghana Bahamas, The Nigeria Switzerland Italy Ivory Coast Serbia and Montenegro Belgium Australia Denmark Safari x4 Mortar x25 Closed lad accounts x4 Goat Easter Egg 2011
Alex Van Dijk: DEAR ASSHOLE, YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY TO VAN DIJK BUT YOUR LITTLE BRAIN THAT HAS MADE YOU A STUPID MAN DOES NOT CALCULATE WELL . I STARTED REACHING YOU ARROUND FEBRUARY AND YOU SAID YOU SENT MONEY ON THE 25TH OF JANUARY. DONT U SEE THAT YOU ARE TOO DULL FOR THE FAST GAME YOU INTENDED PLAYING ASS HOLE F*** YA MAMA S PUSSYYYYYYYYYYYY HOOOOOOOO.
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Burning is not the way to go. If and when you are sure the bait is done, fire off a "it's all your fault" mail blaming all the failures on him and be done with him.

You can then rebait him with a new character. You will have an advantage knowing how he operates.

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with Ima. Lads come back and in my experience it happens frequently. I love getting a returnee as I can carry on where we left off without having to do all the boring stuff again.

Mortar x 18 Closed lad accounts x 64 United Kingdom Malaysia Senegal Liberian Flag United States China Nigeria Spain South Africa Togo Benin Ghana United Arab Emirates Germany cameroon pony Mc Fry Easter Egg
Winner of the Summer Challenge Prize August 2008
Pith Helmet - St4nley's Xmax Adventure - I am suppose to be your Lover and not your house lad. - St4nley
Golden Pith Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Cotonou to Lome x2, Cotonou/Lagos/Abuja/Yankari, Cotonou/Parakou, Lagos/Maiduguri, Lagos/Douala, Dakar/Gambia/Keyes - Hector w/ team Hectard
Safari Barack Obama Scammed - Benin-Lagos-Maiduguri 'Oh Shit' - Hon. M4rtins
Safari Cotonou/Lome - D Brown
Sand Timer Hector Sand Timer Dr David O
mugu_eater
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with all above posters "never burn"!!!!! As aid many lads come back to you.I got few lads who wana reward me for my wasted time now they found a "real" partner,its ofcourse another scam,and if he was interesting enough i folow him in his new script and play with him again its like they love to be tortured by us...if you burn them you lose that option and he will maybe smarten up and thats something we really dont wana happen.

Sand Timer mr Frank Bode

NOW I KNOW YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID ANIMAL THAT EVER EXIST ON EARTH. FB

ANYWAY THERES NO REASON TO WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME WITH HE GOAT LIKE YOU..I KNOW ANIMAL LIKE YOU WOULD NOT KNOW SIMPLE COURTESY OF APOLOGY FOR WASTING A TIME OF A RESPONSIBLE BUSINESSMAN LIKE ME.
J0hns0n Prince K0fi
KnottyPine
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with Ima, too.

Rather than burn them, I prefer to let them feel that other lovely burning sensation: a dolla chop. I get the satisfaction of a burn knowing that they are feeling genuine pain -- thousands of dollars they thought was finally just about to land into their bank accounts was suddenly all stolen by another despicable lad. So, it is kind of a win-win thing. Twisted Evil

Why is it so difficult to receive money from you.I am having a hunch that you are delibrately making it difficult for me.I want you to remember all the problems you have put me through from your first bank transfer to the second one to our London account to this very western Union that you sent more than a week ago. You are putting me through all kind of stress just to receive money from you.

kindly please for God sake re-send it again in a proper way

you are making things so complicated for me...i can no longer condole all this stress you are making me pass through

Your are so honest i like the way you act.

you are playing games with me, but I still want to beleive in you because I have no much choices right now.
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had several lads who dropped me and then in a month or longer
came back for more fun.

Smile

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Skeeteroen
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just back up for air from my other job. This is good feedback I read a couple of baits where the baiter said "Idiot blah blah" and even though there was some pull inside me to do it- it did not seem to be "right". I had never considered the educational part of the issue- which I think is the paramount reason.

Plus I do agree that a life time of "what the hell?" is probably worth more than 20 seconds of satisfaction of watching the burn.

Many thanks and thanks to those who have given some pointers on my virgin/first time bait. Members keep telling me "you will never forget your first" and I hope it is true.

Thanks again

Skeeter
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

'Skeeter'

You fit right in here, and welcome!

I think your intincts are right, and agree with everyone above.

Ahh...the Agony and the Ecstasy of baiting. Very Happy

The Ecstasy: 10 seconds of satisfaction, and knowing why.....

The Agony: 10 months of no satisfaction, and not knowing why..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I never burn, and 'I never hold'. Very Happy

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a lad called Joel. He still talks to me from time to time. I pretty much screwed him over with some other baiters months, I think even a year ago. I never burned him, but he found out I was a baiter using google. He still talks to me though. Laughing He thinks we get money for doing this, especially for arrests. He's a strange bloke.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Clark Fur Trading
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding the returning lad - I've recently had a lad get in to a bait that he believed with all of his heart that was truly real and that he was going to be essentially set for life, acting as a contract man over in Nigeria for my character. He was a little too reluctant to do much of anything but write very long winded emails about how it was just too much effort.
I introduced a fake lad, had his dolla chopped twice, and he dropped me out of sheer frustration.

After contacting him a week later with a different character, he's given me 4 trophy pics with signs, filled out over 40 pages in forms, and has been to S3cur3 sh13ld not twice, not four times, but 7 times and has answered hundreds of questions.

It's amazing how much agony you can serve up to your lad when he suddenly realizes that it's not good to be lazy. You'll find him much more open to suggestions and lots more if you establish this in him.

So, burning, in my opinion, is counter-productive. The name of the game is to waste as much of their time as possible, and I believe that if you create a huge investiment effect with them by way of doing it with multiple characters, you leave him open to wasting much, much, much more time in the future.

"We have not experince this kind of stress trying to receive our payment since the inception of our operation. We can no longer go on with this unyeilding transaction" - Ch@rles Rob@rt0n, S3cur3 Sh13ld Guru!
"People like you are not common to see in this universe." - Felix Obih
"I am devastated by my brothers health.the wound of his hynia cut is not healing fast.though the doctor ahve removed the ropes in there." - Albertine and Jonathan
Jonas Parker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After stupidly "burning" my first bait, my mentor "whupped me upside da haid a good one!" Now I work into the bait that I have been adopted by an Indian tribe and when the bait finally comes to its inevitable end, the "medicine man" of the tribe sends the "dreaded rattlesnake curse" to the lad. The lads so far don't write back to the shaman to get the curse lifted, but based on the culture that I'm dealing with, I presume the lad does head to the local "ju-ju man" to spend some of his ill-gotten gains on an amulet or two, thus aiding the local economy. It's good to spread the wealth around!

Skeeteroen
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to all. I just send in my paypal $$$ for a premium membership figured I could use all the help I could get!
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Thumbs up Do you have a mentor? I have a slot open.

Edit: Sorted.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No but I damned sure need one LOL. You can see my rookie mistakes writ large on the publish your baits- under "Waking the Line"

If I could pick your brain and get some advice and perhaps not have to reinvent a bunch of wheels that would be great.

Thanks Pastor!

"I plead for pardon as I did not know that this is a violation of law over there in USA. As it was true I was warned to write copy in red ink on papers. I plead for mercy."

" I am runing around to get money to pay the photoman that took the photo and I will send it to you for your confirmations in the next 2hours from now"

"I don't really know wht happned as I have to sell my gas cooker to be present in Accra and now lok at what has happened"

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic