SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

End of an Era....Welcome to Pedants' Corner....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Jimmy Carter once corrected a school blackboard on TV to spell potatos wrongly with an 'e'

You misspelled "Dan Quayle".

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

D'oh! That's what comes of relying on memory, not Google.

Quote:
Enter William Figueroa, 12, a sixth-grader from the Mott School in the South Ward who had been bused to Munoz Rivera to take part in the vice presidential event.

Figueroa knew how to spell potato, and he wrote it in a legible script on the blackboard when Quayle announced his word for the spelling bee.

Quayle looked at the blackboard, then at his contest card, and gently and quietly told the boy, "You’re close, but you left a little something off. The e on the end.

"So William, against his better judgment and trying to be polite, added an e’’ and won applause for it from those assembled in the classroom, including Mayor Doug Palmer, Quayle wrote.

The misspelling wasn’t mentioned until the end of the press conference afterward, when one reporter asked Quayle, "How do you spell potato?’’

"I gave him a puzzled look, and then the press started laughing. It wasn’t until that moment that I realized anything was wrong,’’ Quayle wrote.

I did see it on the TV news, but it doesn't seem to have made to the interweb.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you sure it was Jimmy Carter? I thought it was Dan Quayle. Seems to me there were a lot of jokes at his expense over that faux pas.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
. . . once corrected a school blackboard on TV to spell potatos wrongly with an 'e'

Well, since this is the thread for it:

While Potatoe isn't correct, potatoes is. It has an e when used in the plural form.

Wink Laughing

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
r2d2
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
Jimmy Carter once corrected a school blackboard on TV to spell potatos wrongly with an 'e', but I couldn't find it on Youtube.

that's because it was dan quayle (vp under george bush snr), not jimmy carter

as this happened while campaigning, his opponents then printed buttons saying 'BUSH/QUAYLE - JUST SAY NOE'

Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am under the impression, over the last several administrations, acutely aware that VPs are not picked except for the fact they are necessary. Too often they seem to be lacking in some facet. Lately,Gore (thinks very highly of himslef and false claims (creation of the internet and global warming, it's freaking cold where I am!) Cheney was a very blunt and controlling guy (like FDR and Truman), Biden...I am still not sure why he is where he is, but enough of politique.

Still not sure about OP, can some one nutshell it for me? Doomsday wasn't it? 2012? Again, I think the Mayans just ran out of room on the tablet. It was only so big. Thatas why the Almanac's perpetual calendar is so nice it keeps going. Has anyone noticed a stop in the perpetual calendar around 2012...no!

Is that mistletoe Ima? Wink

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Ms Mockinatrix
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
acutely aware that VPs are not picked except for the fact they are necessary. Too often they seem to be lacking in some facet.

Sounds familiar, in our case they get into the big chair and wreak havoc, whilst claiming they can't see a thing! Laughing

I am wall to wall entertainment (apparently so says Mr. E)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic