SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

how aware are lads of scambaiting?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
trampstamp
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is something I haven't seen discussed too much in reading through old posts. The sticky's, FAQ's, and Eater U do a pretty good job of telling new people not to give away our secrets as baiters.

As a hunch, I would assume not many lads know about scam baiting. If they did, they would drop us like flies after the first "zip bomb" or smeared MTCN we sent them.

But then again, how don't they know about it? I mean as we are here as a community fighting against scamming, don't they get together and discuss new scams, new scam bait warning signs, etc?

I have baited a few different lads now (none of them finished yet, and one that is pretty intricate and lengthy) and none of them have confronted me about being a "gmail joker" even though I have said and done some pretty outrageous things.

Just curious.
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, the romance chatters want your phone number to know you are real but they have always demanded that. Lads in general want your voice to hear how deeply you are hooked and to alert you "am online now ok".
Baiting is still possible, IMHO better than ever. I don´t think lads help each other in this competitive business, they have no forum such as Eater to improve their approach.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013

Last edited by FrumpyBB on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That would require doing some *work*!! As most scammers pay by the hour to use internet cafes, time spend browsing huge sites like Eater is probably not considered time well spent? Just guessing...

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think they've all heard of it, or heard of the concept of "time wasters" etc. But that doesn't give them any real practical advantage over baiters, and here's why:

At least half of my baits have involved the lad accusing me at some point of just being a "jocker" or "cooking up stories". In every case, I ask the lad if he's lost his mind. Why the hell would I joke with him? I am very serious about this business, and I have only tried to help. Why would I try to make jokes when there is so much money involved?

The lad can't ever directly accuse you of scam baiting, because that would mean admitting it's a scam. If the lad's story is presumed real by both parties, then there would be no sane reason on Earth for a victim to start "joking". Knowing that you might be baiting, and even accusing you of it, gets the lad nowhere.

I assume that almost all my numerous baits that were dropped by the lad were dropped because they concluded I was a "jocker". But I always straight bait, and I never burn, so they are always left wondering if perhaps they are just very bad at scamming.

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
Seamless
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never asked any of my baits if they know anything about scambaiting, as that just might be the end the bait. Shocked

"You are a destinated Idiot. a fibol element, a rebel against humanity.

You are a goat. And very stupid. I will deal with you very soon, just wait, I have all your contact address, and I will trace you very soon, for insulting me, all evidence of your insult to me has been filed.

Lawyer M4nu3l told me that you could be one of this terrorist in the usa. and I later find out on my research on you, that you are one of the bastards in wherever you are. not even in usa."

Closed lad accounts

Safari< S4NI S4LISU Ghana to Togo
Safari< St3lla J0nta Cote d'Ivoire to Ghana
Easter Egg Whip Penguin Mortar Purple Flower Purple Flower Killer Baiter
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The ones who've been run ragged a few times are pretty edgy, and that's great. If they get a real victim who shows any sign of eccentricity, or seems to be wasting time, hopefully the mugu will drop them like a hot potato.

The mugus who are aware of us refer to us as 'joke men'. They're pretty chauvenistic, and probably wouldn't believe a female would be able to outsmart them. That refusal to accept he could be reverse conned by a stupid westerner applies to both sexes though, the 'guy man' can't believe anyone could outsmart him, and has no conception of why we would do what we do. And he certainly won't be in a hurry to tell his mates he's been done over.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
internationalchrysis
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FrumpyBB wrote:
I don´t think lads help each other in this competitive business, they have no forum such as Eater to improve their approach.

You're damn right they don't! More than once I've accidentally sent an email to the WRONG scammer. If there was ANY honour amonst theives they'd at least send a heads up email, but it's never happened as far as I'm aware of.

But they DO have a facebook page last time I checked to swap/sell scripts and tips. I'd post the link if I wasn't at work and could access facebook

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
Nosmo King
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PsycheDelia_Smith wrote:
The ones who've been run ragged a few times are pretty edgy,
Ain't it the truth. I attempted a bait with a lad who HAD been burned. The most most paranoid little guy you ever saw. Asked me about area codes not matching with US Zip codes (!).

He was the one moving slowly. He refused to give many details and everything was tit for tat, I give a little he gives a little. Didn't ask for money after 16 or 18 emails and a call from him.

"Let's get to know each other better" was his constant refrain. I never did learn the complete details of his scheme. Something to do w/ looking for investors in the USA. He was a cagey little guy but his paranoia sucked the life outta me at the time, since I had two others going. Now I sorta wish I had Mr. Scaredy-Cat back.

Thank you for precipitation with which you have forward to us the scanning copy of the receipt of Money Gram, ***because the scannage was fuzzy.
stop this you sick and hide game, it is getting too much D0n Dav1de Carl0s

United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x5 <a href="/forum/donate.php">[100% Risky free offer!]</a>
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nosmo King wrote:
PsycheDelia_Smith wrote:
The ones who've been run ragged a few times are pretty edgy,
Ain't it the truth. I attempted a bait with a lad who HAD been burned. The most most paranoid little guy you ever saw.

Likewise! I had a fake bank manager scammer who completely blew up at me about 8 emails into the bait, calling me a joker and a time waster and swearing at me like a very cranky sailor.

The great thing was, it was a completely straight bait. I looked over all my emails to him and absolutely everything was straight victim. I thought thought 1) this guy must have once been burned very bad, and 2) this guy is obviously now very terrible at scamming real victims as a result. (BTW, I countered his accusations with shocked innocence, and now 2 months and 2 fake banks later, the lad is still on my hook. Twisted Evil )

However, this experience made me think there might be a lot of value in a "Short Straight Bait and Serious Burn" baiting modality. Bait a lad for a while exactly like a real victim (no trophy requests, no WU shenanigans, no weird churches, etc). Then burn him very, very hard out of the blue. Tell him he must have been a complete idiot not to recognize you as a joker right from the start. This might just ruin him for scamming real victims.

Just a thought.

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ That's right, and a whole lot of baits fail because the baiter gets outrageous straight off, even if a lad's never encountered a baiter (unlikely these days) Smile. If it's a fun bait, for me, it's about finding out how high the lad's silly-ometer is set little by little and walking as close to twiggage point as you can.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

internationalchrysis wrote:
But they DO have a facebook page

Yeah, right Smile like normal users, with friends and all.
What I meant is, to my knowledge there is no 419guyman forum, with Main Scamming Forum, General Chat, Scamming Hints And Tips, 419 University ... Laughing
Well, I know some baiters have tried to set one up (a fake guyman job forum) called "Nairaj0bs oooooo" but I think that was for 1 or 2 lads especially. Same with all the other attempts back in Scambaiting History ("Milli0naires" and "Invest0rf0rum"). One scammer can be tricked in that he believes he has struck gold...but other scammers do not like to register and discuss "jobs" there. Too bad, it would offer so many great possibilites.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FrumpyBB wrote:
but other scammers do not like to register and discuss "jobs" there. Too bad, it would offer so many great possibilites.

Maybe baiters can take the blame for that to some extent, with our fake lads chopping the other guy's jobs. Smile

Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Trampstamp wrote:
Quote:
But then again, how don't they know about it?

I'd say all of the experienced ones know about scambaiting. However, unadulterated greed is an integral part of their makeup, and is the driving force that overrides most of their doubts in any given scam they are working on.

Proof of that is in some of the great long baits here, where the lad has been physically chasing the money for months on end, all the while expressing his dismay and anger about being tricked. Very Happy Some might even be 100 percent sure they've been baited, but in the back of their one track minds, the greed factor overcomes 'better judgement' and puts them in denial.

They so want to believe it is real, and that the money is just around the corner or at the end of the next trip, that they're blinded to the reality of the situation.

It's so funny though....even some of the ones who actually realize they've been 'had', have a hard time dropping the baiter. They'll write a page long rant full of threats and insults, and then sign it, Sincerely Yours Shocked Laughing

Hope springs eternal for scammers...

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
psychicbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Well put, Catcher in the Lie.

I'm reminded of the tale of how to catch a monkey-
Put some dates in a narrow-necked gourd and leave it about.
The greedy monkey will clutch as many dates as possible and won't be able to withdraw his paw from the narrow-necked gourd unless he relinquishes some of the dates.
The monkey doesn't make that connection, though, and will go crazy trying to figure out why the gourd doesn't release him.
But he won't let go of the dates.
And the distracted monkey is caught, for bushmeat and fetish ingredients.

Sand Timer x 3
Thanks to the Fae!
KnottyPine
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Catcher In The Lie: That is so exactly right on the noney! Check the last quote from a lad in my sig who knows that I am a baiter. Wink hehehe

Why is it so difficult to receive money from you.I am having a hunch that you are delibrately making it difficult for me.I want you to remember all the problems you have put me through from your first bank transfer to the second one to our London account to this very western Union that you sent more than a week ago. You are putting me through all kind of stress just to receive money from you.

kindly please for God sake re-send it again in a proper way

you are making things so complicated for me...i can no longer condole all this stress you are making me pass through

Your are so honest i like the way you act.

you are playing games with me, but I still want to beleive in you because I have no much choices right now.
Nurse Nasty
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Knotty - That quote is hilarious. Very Happy

It's even more spectacular when a lad/ladette has become so paranoid they find their emails on eater, copy and paste the entire thread to you, and then still remain firmly hooked for several weeks.

The concept of baiting is so foreign to their online existence. Why would we do it?

Despite the completely ridiculous trophies I love collecting, the bait itself is played very straight. Occasionally I lash out to amuse myself with something absurd.

vv Nasty Predicaments vv
Porno-Lad
Musa Crocodile
Comic Lads

Starstarstarstarstar Easter Egg 2012
GoatPurple FlowerMc FryGolden PithGolden Pith

Last edited by Nurse Nasty on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ha! Konttypine,
That line is great Laughing

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The concept of baiting is so foreign to their online existence. Why would we do it?

I think that sums it up as well as anything. In their nasty little world, why on earth would anyone do anything if they aren't being paid?
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had lads who eventually figured out that I'm screwing with them. They'll go off on me in Pidgin/Igbo, believing that I'm another one of them. I never burn a lad but I will let him think that I'm a fellow scammer that is messing with them.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
Technomancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sir scam alot wrote:
I never burn a lad but I will let him think that I'm a fellow scammer that is messing with them.

This could also be the reason why they never seem to make any serious attempt to pool their resources and share info on baits.
They don't trust each other. Why trust a thief if you know full well he's a thief? Wink
Tricks like messing with them with fake scammers could be helping to hike that paranoia level up even further.

-------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Mr Biggs' drive-in...
Nurse Nastys Audi TT And all I got was this lousy Easter Egg with fries! Easter Egg Mc Fry

Closed lad accounts x1
diabolo_law
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can say that baiting French speaking lads give me the impression that this is an untapped market.

They are much more persistent and do not know things like dollar chop and bad .jpg files.

G0m3r and the B0y$ are going to get famous in French west Africa Smile

I have been diagnosed with Oesophageal cancer. It has defiled all forms of medical treatment (…) --- Th0m@s J@m3s

YOUR MAMA GET BIG TOTO --- B@rrister @dd0
Tuco
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Technomancer wrote:
sir scam alot wrote:
I never burn a lad but I will let him think that I'm a fellow scammer that is messing with them.

This could also be the reason why they never seem to make any serious attempt to pool their resources and share info on baits.
They don't trust each other. Why trust a thief if you know full well he's a thief? Wink
Tricks like messing with them with fake scammers could be helping to hike that paranoia level up even further.

That's why I believe dolla chopping is such a powerful tool. It ratchets up lad on lad paranoia. Very Happy

"Thanks for giving me a nauthy number that preys unit like a hungry lion." - Alise Kar1m
"I have called you more than 20 times but non of the calls went through." - Williams C0ker
"I've said in my previous mail that I do not understand English." - Cabinet Bad0u
"PLEASE MY CHAIRMAN, I AM NOT GREEDY, I LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HAVE LOST MANY OF MY JOBS , PLS PLS PLS, I WILL WORK HARD WITH U." - Dr. Lui$ James
"There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend."
Closed lad accounts x8 (Thanks Corona)
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Agreed. They get really upset when I mention that I got a letter from another lad with the same/almost same format, and I ask them why it happened.

That sets the stage for a dolla chop that I can use later on.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Letting the lads believe it's normal/healthy to chop one another is good for us - the more they distrust one another the less they can share tips. Divide and conquer.

You can even have ASEM fun from one lad tipping off another not to trust the guys that sit next to them in the cafe - dress it up right and you get paranoia Smile

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reading this thread I just had a thought: How aware are WU and MG clerks with baiting? They must be a bit of a hot spot for lads with deuzer generated receipts..

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic