SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The F1 off season thread

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Quote:
Perhaps we could have an all purpose 'motorsports' thread for the 2010 season, we once tried the same with a 'football' thread which included all variants, round balls or oval ones all included.

You are so sweet. Wink

Nascar fans talk in circles, but I be there. Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
VForVendetta1605
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They've changed the points system. It seems, there going with the same points system as motogp which is cool. Do any of you have any comments on this change.

Personally I think its brilliant, why should the winner only get 2 points more than second place, now its 5 points.

Here's the full points listing as taken from the bbc formula one website.

Quote:

The new proposal will see the winner take 25 points, 20 for second place, 15 for coming third and then 10, eight, six, five, three, two and one points.

Also in the news this week

They are now going to use former formula one drivers as part of the stewards.

Quote:
Former Formula 1 drivers are to become part of the group of stewards who will adjudicate at each grand prix as part of plans published on Friday.

The move is among the first major changes made by Jean Todt since he succeeded Max Mosley as president of motorsport's governing body the FIA.

Ex-drivers will form part of a four-man group of FIA stewards to deal with F1 issues at each grand prix.

This is also brilliant, its about time the stewards have a second point of view. Most of the judgements made by them this season has been questionable.

V

...A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world.

we do not condune such act, so you have to act like a mature man because you are dealing with a company. Mr Fr3derick W. Sm1th the FEDEX company

Closed lad accounts
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Former Formula 1 drivers are to become part of the group of stewards

Thank heavens for that, the sport was being ruined by interference from stewards whos only experience of motorsports was going to a spanking party with Max.

The points system works for MotoGP, and means that its more worth racing for every place.

Meantime, Mercedes have offered Schumi the same £7million they did Button, but Michael would have to want to drive, he could get plenty more than that if it was only about money.

Finally, I reckon that if they are driving on full fuel, with narrower front tyres next year, that should favour Jenson over Lewis at Mclaren, as he is kinder to his tyres, Lewis just rags them until they are shot.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Arthur Dent
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is my understanding that Mercedes wants both of their drivers to be German.
They have Rosberg.
Glock, Virgin
Vettel, Red Bull
Sutil, Force India
Heidfeld and Schumi available, unless they have someone else in mind.

I do not care for new points system. They should go back to 9-6-4-3-2-1.
Top six only. This is Formula One not Nascar!
VForVendetta1605
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the news today.

Quote:
Ferrari have insisted they will not prevent Michael Schumacher making a Formula One return with another team.

The seven-time world champion has been a consultant for Ferrari since retiring in 2006 and said recently he would continue for another three years.

But the 40-year-old has been linked with a move to Mercedes and Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said Schumacher's role was "not binding".

He added: "If he takes another road our agreement will no longer be valid."

I love that last quote from Luca, basically, he can do what he wants. But he ain't going to get nothing from his sugar daddy no more. But I think its good news. We may see that place in Mercedes been taken by the big man himself.

The two spots at Lotus have been taken.

Quote:
Lotus F1 have confirmed Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen as their drivers for the 2010 Formula 1 season.

^^
With the addition of 3 more teams, 6 more cars fighting for points, I think the extended points system is more viable. I also believe that it will make more exciting lower down in the ranks.

Just as a matter of my own interest. The points adjusted scores of Button, Vettel, And Barrichello. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively, Would be 235, 203, and 162. Big difference.

I wonder who'll be the fastest of the new teams, anyone got any idea's or would like to make a small wager risky free of course .. Very Happy

...A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world.

we do not condune such act, so you have to act like a mature man because you are dealing with a company. Mr Fr3derick W. Sm1th the FEDEX company

Closed lad accounts
Arthur Dent
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do not expect to see US F1 on the grid. This team is in over their heads.

Lotus has its drivers. I want to see who the other teams choose as their drivers.

I also want to see what happens with BMW and Renault.

I also know that the new teams are all using Cosworth engines.

Does anybody know who their designers are?
VForVendetta1605
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^
Renault has been saved and will be racing again next year. Though, there is some doubt on whether Robert Kubica would be staying on. Considering there performance last year, all the shit with crashgate, losing 2 major sponsers and the fact that the the Renault powered RedBull completely outshone the works car, its a little bit of a surprise. Maybe they think they can get back in to there winning ways though.

Roy, I think Hamilton will struggle for the first part of the season. As you say, Button's smoother driving style is definitely better suited to newer slicks, but Hamilton is a very quick learner. And he has that hunger. It'll be interesting to see if he can reign it in, and learn to use it properly.

I was going to mention KERS but I see in the rules, that none of the teams are going to be using it, by mutual agreement. That's a shame, It would have given a huge weight advantage with the ban on refueling.

Here's the latest Lineup

McLaren - Jenson Button (GB) , Lewis Hamilton (GB)

Mercedes - Nico Rosberg (Ger) , TBC

Red Bull - Sebastian Vettel (Ger) , Mark Webber (Aus)

Ferrari - Fernando Alonso (Spa) , Felipe Massa (Brz)

Williams - Rubens Barrichello (Brz) , Nico Hulkenberg (Ger)

Renault * - Robert Kubica (Pol) , TBC

Force India - Adrian Sutil (Ger) , Vitantonio Liuzzi (Ita)

Toro Rosso - Sebastien Buemi (Swi) , Jaime Alguersuari (Spa) **

Virgin Racing(Manor) - Timo Glock (Ger) , TBC

Campos Meta - Bruno Senna (Brz), TBC

US F1 - TBC, TBC

Lotus F1 - Jarno Trulli (Ita) , Hekki Kovalainen (Fin)

Sauber - TBC, TBC

V

Closed lad accounts
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I wonder who'll be the fastest of the new teams, anyone got any idea's

Manor is a good team, and Tim O'Glock, as the Irish call him, can be a handy driver. What we don't know is whether the cars will be any good, what we learned last winter is that even the designers don't know until they see comparative testing times.

I think a lot of teams will be at 6's and 7's at the start, but the better funded teams will be the ones that catch up quickest.

Of course some may be pleasantly suprised, like Brawn last year.

Lotus have a good history, but from what I can gather, this is Litespeed using the name under license, run by James Hunt's brother David. I wonder if he works out with a diet of blondes and cigarettes - I always think of JH when you see these pieces on the vital role of sports medicine in F1. Smile He is sadly missed, his laid back manner used to be wonderful set against Murray Walker's hysteria on the BBC commentaries.

Senna and Hulkenberg were very good in GP2, but then they said that about Grosjean and Badoer.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
from the Hollow
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am a N car fan, I just ran across this.

Branson offers Lotus F1 boss a stewardess challenge
By Alan Baldwin Alan Baldwin Tue Dec 15, 3:10 pm ET

LONDON (Reuters) – Richard Branson challenged aviation rival Tony Fernandes to a Formula One duel on Tuesday with the loser having to dress up as an airline stewardess.

AirAsia's Fernandes, who once worked for Branson's music business, told Reuters last week that his new Malaysian-backed Lotus F1 team had to beat Branson's Virgin Racing operation next season.

"Number one we have to be ahead of Branson, otherwise I will retire and kill myself," said the Malaysian.

Branson, speaking at the launch of his team, suggested a less painful alternative.

"Having come from a music background, I suppose we might be able to choose the music for the funeral," joked the Briton. "But I like Tony a lot so I hope he doesn't have to kill himself.

"At the same obviously we would like to beat him. Maybe we can think of another challenge. He has an airline, we have an airline and if we beat him he can come and work on our airline as a Virgin stewardess.

"We will make sure that the stewardess outfit is perfect. I suspect that he might ask us to reciprocate," added Branson.

"I'll have to check how fetching his stewardess outfits are but I'd be game to do it while totally confident of winning."

Branson and Fernandes join Force India's Vijay Mallya, who controls the Kingfisher airline, as a trio of aviation entrepreneurs challenging the established players in the skies and on the Formula One starting grid.

"It's a very friendly personal rivalry," Branson said. "And it's fun.

"What I discovered last year (as sponsor of Brawn) is that there are a billion people that watch Formula One and the people that watch it are fanatical.

"For us to be involved in Formula One is good for the brand. Formula One is a sexy beast and we are going to try and make it a little bit sexier.

"We love supporting an underdog but we like that underdog to have some pretty good qualities."

(Editing by Ed Osmond)
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\ Stewardess wars sounds a bit less radical than ritual suicide, must be a cultural thing.

Todays news -Kamui Kobayashi joins Sauber

I found a good article on why the refuelling ban will make racing better, as long as they don't ruin it with a compulsory 2 stops rule.

14 reasons to love the refuelling ban

Quote:
Already some commentators are talking up the chances of drivers who are kind to their tyres (like the current world champion) versus those who might not be (like the last one).

Hey! Thats what I said!

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:

Quote:
Already some commentators are talking up the chances of drivers who are kind to their tyres (like the current world champion) versus those who might not be (like the last one).

I'm not sure I like that idea.
Half the enjoyment for me is watching a driver on the edge - pushing his machine as far as he can. I think some of the thrill will be lost if F1 becomes a sport where drivers have to nurse their cars around the circuit.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It should make things more exciting, not less. Heavier cars with skinnier tyres are bound to be more, er, 'squirrely'. Smile

Button has a naturally smooth style though (which why he is good in the wet) so his tyres are bound to last better.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
VForVendetta1605
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice to see a bit of friendly competition between team bosses, I would have thought Lotus would use one of their own engines, but I take it, they are using a Cosworth engine like the rest of them.

The start and the end of the race is going to be very interesting. I can imagine the likes of Hamilton and the others who driving style is a little rough around the edges really having to have a go, and either of these points. Actually, tyre strategy is going to be paramount to who wins the race. As we all know, Ross Brawn is a phenomenal tactician so, I think we should keep an eye on Mercedes.

This year is going to be hell on the rookies..

V

Closed lad accounts
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

VForVendetta1605 wrote:
As we all know, Ross Brawn is a phenomenal tactician so, I think we should keep an eye on Mercedes.

Apparently, I can get 8-1 on Schumi. The Sports Book

It's still not a done deal, but the price is now £20 million. Shocked
Schumacher to be paid £20m by Mercedes in F1 2010

@ Sly, if you want to see someone driving on the edge, we've never seen Michael with no traction control, and enough fuel for the whole race. This is someone who can finish on the podium when he's been stuck in 5th gear from the first pitstop. Shocked

I might put a small wager on Mr Schumacher tomorrow. Of course I'll never hear the last of it if he doesn't race. Smile

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

roycropper wrote:
@ Sly, if you want to see someone driving on the edge, we've never seen Michael with no traction control, and enough fuel for the whole race.

Yeah. But the dude never spared the tyres. He could drag the box over the finishing line on the hubcaps if he had to.

Therefore your argument is without merit and I will be the first to mock you if he doesn't race.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole

Last edited by Slightlyoutofit on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Exactly. He could have beaten some of them in a Reliant Robin if he had to.

Hamilton can't go quick on shot tyres, he starts to fall inevitably backwards. Michael wouldn't care.

You can mock me if he doesn't sign, I can mock you when he wins. Deal?

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
VForVendetta1605
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with slightly, Shuey is perhaps the best driver to drive this side of the century. I think if you stick him in a car, he'll do something amazing.

Roy, do ye think shuey needs the money?? I don't think so, if he's as much as petrolhead as we are, then he'll do it, just for the sake of it

V

Closed lad accounts
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know what motivates him, but he has a very agressive manager, who gets a % of what he gets.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:

You can mock me if he doesn't sign, I can mock you when he wins. Deal?

No way. Because if he drives, he wins. It's as simple as that.
V says "perhaps" the best driver. Me, I say he is the best driver.

Take into account all of the greats - the Fangios, the Sennas, the Prosts and I still don't think that any of them, even in their heydays could put a candle to him.

No thanks. I'll just settle for mocking you when he doesn't drive. You can settle for mocking me if Button wins again this year.

VForVendetta1605
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i only say perhaps the best driver, because I think Hamilton has the potential to become the best driver ever. He has the greed, the hunger, that Shuey has, and he has the car to do it in.

BTW, shuey is 42, are we ready for an ol fogey to take the track again, what sort of damage is he going to to do his rep, despite the fact that I've just immolated Ross Brawn to king-hood for his amazing stratagems I can't help but feel that he's going to have to draw on every facet of his experience to get him to where he expects to be

V

Closed lad accounts
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
I'll just settle for mocking you when he doesn't drive. You can settle for mocking me if Button wins again this year.

Ah, well, if he doesn't drive, I'd certainly have Jenson over Lewis, just on the tyre wear issue. Lewis is faster, Jenson is, well, gentler. How the others do compared to McLaren, we'll only know when they go testing.

If MS does drive, I will enjoy telling you how I spent my £80 winnings.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
I'd certainly have Jenson over Lewis, just on the tyre wear issue. Lewis is faster, Jenson is, well, gentler.

But that's where the tyre issue falls down for me.
It's a race. It shouldn't be about who can look after their tyres the best. The faster driver should win because, in my book, the faster man is the better driver in a race. The fact that the faster man can lose because the hardware fails him, kinda takes the thrill out of it for me.

F1 should be about blasting it. Not nursing it.

You're basically gonna have the tortoise and the hare where slow and steady wins the race. Where's the fun in that?

HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pardon me for butting in to this jolly Mod argument.

Slightly, I hate* to say this but....

You are wrong.

Blasting it is for sprints. Put that bloke Bolt in a 5k or 10k race and he'd lose despite being the fastest man in the world. If you want blasting it go to Santa Pod.
F1 is not a sprint. Its about tactics - not just the team in the pits, but the driver's tactical ability.
What F1 needs is tracks where overtaking is possible. Blasting off the line and winning because you were 1st into the 1st bend and then leading a procession is not sport, nor is it fun to watch. Fun comes from the human frailties, and engines exploding, and tyres bursting and spins because the driver was at the limit and being pressurised by the guy behind. That is fun to watch.

There. I've put my head above the parapet. Now I will watch as everyone takes shots at it. That'll be fun.

* Actually I didn't hate that at all.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
VForVendetta1605
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Considering I've been banging on about strategies HitchHiker, and been ignored.... I'm sure your head is safe.

The BBC Website reported this

Quote:
Michael Schumacher has told Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo he is planning a comeback with Mercedes.

It is the first time anyone close to the German legend has confirmed he is actively pursuing a return, which has been rumoured for weeks.

"I spoke to him [on Wednesday] and he told me there is a very strong possibility but that it's not 100% decided," Di Montezemolo said.

He said a return by Schumacher, 41 in January, would be "good for F1".

So its almost certain, that if his neck injury is sorted out, that we will see a return of the Shuey.. I'm still against this, Mercedes(Brawn) were a mid table team once the other teams sorted out the rear diffuser, despite his years of experience, I don't think he'll do very well and we'll only be let down.

V

Closed lad accounts
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mercedes has a new sponsor, Petronas, who used to sponsor Foggy's World Superbike team.

Meanwhile here's Bernies Xmas card - the team bosses wave Spanky off, while Flabio takes aim with a harpoon. Last year's card had Mosely whipping the team bosses on the pit wall. Smile

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic