SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I got paid!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yahright....

Quote:

Flag this message
Western Union Payment To You On Your Pending Funds/consignment
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:07 PM
"MR JIDE WALE" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
undisclosed-recipients

Goodday To You!!!

This mail is to inform you that your funds worth $500,000usd ( Five hundred Thoudand United States Dollars ) was been brought into our office this morning to be transfered to you via western union money transfer. We want you to know that we are encountering some difficulties sending it because its a huge amount of money. So we are sending it in bit worth $5,000 usd until it reaches the full amount of $500,000 usd. That is to say you will be receiving m.t.c.n 's from us each day.

Right now we have succeeded in transfering the first $5,000 usd to you. You are adviced to track it online and know the status. Here is the details below.

Website: http://www.westernunion.com/info/selectCountry.asp?country=global
Senders First Name: xxxx
Senders Last Name: xxxx
M.T.C.N: xxxx
Question:xxxx
Answer:xxxx
Amount: $5,000 usd.

This fund is ready for pick up but at this time you cannot pick it up because you are required to make the payment of $280. This is to facilitate the transfer so that it can be picked up by you. ( Thats our Charge )

This is the full details of how you are to make the payment. You are to make the payment via Western Union Money Transfer with the information below.

Receivers Name: Mr Pakar Michael
Destination: Lagos, Nigeria
Amount to send: $280 usd
Text Question: Helper
Text Answer: God
M.T.C.N: ??????????

As soon as the fee has been paid, do send back to us the

Senders Name: .........................
Senders Address: ...............
M.T.C.N: .........................

NOTE: You are to forward the required information to

Mr. Durwin Harrison
Email: [email protected]
Phone Number: 0092348023553266

As soon as the required details has been forwarded to us you will be able to pick up your mtcn worth $5,000usd. As soon as the charge has been paid you will pick up your first transfer and we will send you another m.t.c.n worth $5,000 usd as early as possible tomorrow.

DIRECTOR FUNDS REMITTANCE
& CASH TRANSFER DEPARTMENT
JIDE WALE PETERS.

I xxxx'd out the critical information for obvious reasons, but the MTCN was live. I'm almost certain the amount is not $5000.

Definitely a version of this:
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16855

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Active MTCNs can be reused in other baits.

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Jammy, don't reuse lad transfer info.
Active MTCNs are very likely to be re-used by scammers in an attempt to lure victims. Similarly, dead MTCNs are of some value to lads as they can claim the transfer is on hold or will be reissued when a fee of $XXX.00 is paid to activate or reactivate the transfer.

So, if anyone receives an email with a valid transfer, PM one of the moderators and provide the entire email, with headers and it will be dealt with.

Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Seven of Nine wrote:
^^ Jammy, don't reuse lad transfer info.

OK, I won't. Buy why not?

Seems like such a thing could make for a very believable Dolla Chop, with a valid MTCN that suddenly goes dead on the lad.

Who gets hurt in this scenario? I assume that the lad transfer info is created by the lad transferring a trivial amount to himself. What's wrong with recycling this in a different bait, while simultaneously reporting it?

Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Would you be happy if you learned that someone was fleeced to the tune of several hundred or even many thousand dollars as a result of a lad re-using the MTCN? Or, if a lad somewhere learned a new modality and used it with success on real victims?

Have a look at scamwarners.com for the accounts of real scam victims before posting on the subject again. You are better off using the baiter created tools available here as we have control over them while we don't have control over lad to lad WU or MG xfers.

We're here to frustrate lads, not educate them Wink

Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ 7/9

I'm sorry if my question offended you.

I'm not challenging you. Like I said, I won't do it. I'm just trying to understand why you feel it's such a bad idea.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't see the difference between a) reporting an active MTCN created by a lad for a scam, and b) reporting an active MTCN created by a lad for a scam, but simultaneously using this same MTCN to convince a lad in a different bait that his dolla has been chopped. The different-bait lad learns nothing new about scamming while becoming very well hooked, and the first lad still has his MTCN reported and presumably shut down.

Quote:
Have a look at scamwarners.com for the accounts of real scam victims before posting on the subject again.

I've seen victim stories on scamwarners.com. They are very poignant and sad. But they don't answer my question, which is about a very specific point of baiting technique.

I'll repeat: I'm not challenging you. I'm asking the question because I genuinely want to learn.

I have been very impressed with 419eater as a knowledgeable and (most of all) ethical baiting community. So, I value your feedback.

Jammy

-C-
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What makes it more believable for our things make it more believable for lads' things too. I see this the same way I see sending fake passports and other stuff that can be reused: potentially harmful for victims, yet nothing that the good old fashioned lying couldn't accomplish in my baits.

Pith Helmet Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso -> Lome, Togo

Pith Helmet Joseph: Accra --> Lome. "IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU TO STOP FOOLING AROUND INTERNET OKAY."

"YOU WILL REGREAT INSULTIN ME. WATCH OUT AS THE TUNDER STROKES." -Idi.

"Hello", "Hello", "Are you a pineapple?" "Yes." -Phone conversation with a random lad now only known as "Mr. Pineapple".
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Jammy, no offence taken Very Happy

There's no issue with reporting a live MTCN however the lad education aspect remains.

I'd be loath to give another lad a tool they may adapt for their own means, and as -C- pointed out, the live or dead MTCN modality is akin to other recyclable materials like Passports, I.D. etc.

Passing the transfer info onto the mod/admin team is the best option as we are able to deal with these matters discreetly.

Thanks for your understanding and for your endorsement of 419eater.

spot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope you take the advise of 7/9 and pass the information to a Moderator for action.

I see from your original post that the mail was sent to "undisclosed-recipients " .... It's more than a guess when I say that the scammer will have sent the same information to hundreds of possible victims, anyone of which may fall for his scam.

If you recycle the MTCN and information to just one of your own Lads then I have no doubt that he will recycle it him himself on hundreds of his own targets (or even just one that he has been grooming).

This is one time when recycling isn't a good idea.

Cathartic Kate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jammy - I have noted your helpfulness and support of others here.

You are a valued member and a great asset to the cause.

Quote:
There are however some grey areas that are greyer than grey.

Eater is a wonderful site and never feel it is wrong to ask any questions or seek clarifications.

I do spend time helping with victim support - and this exact scam attempt was made shortly after the victim had ceased contact with the scammer (romance).

Fortunately she was aware of recovery scam attempts and was on guard.

I agree with the others. It is best not to present scammers with ideas that they may use on potential victims.

After checking the details with Western Union, it seems the number is incorrect

Quote:
We do not have an order with the provided information

Proud member of "The Todger Club"

Closed lad accounts < никогда достаточно

Goat
CaseyKo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you think that is something, check what this email originator wanted me to do:

Quote:

ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY,

To The Owner Of This E-mail, How are you today, I write to inform you that we have already sent you USD5000.00 dollars through Western union as we have been given the mandate to transfer your full compensation payment total sum of US$2.8million,via western union by our Government. I was calling your telephone number to give you the information through phone but you did not pick up my calls throughout that yesterday even this morning. Now, I decided to email you the MTCN and sender name so that you will pick up this USD5000.00 to enable us send another USD5000.00 today as you know we will be sending you only USD5000.00 per day.

Please pick up this information and run to western union to pick up the USD5000.00 and call me back to send you another payment today, My direct phone line is; {011} 229-9604-0039 or +229-9604-0039, payment officer Mr. William Ken Email: ( [email protected] ) call or email me once you picked up this USD5000.00 today. Here is the western union information to pick up the Money;

Sender's Name: Sunny Sunny
MTCN: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Text Question: HOW LONG
Text Answer: VERY SOON
Amount:$5000.00

I am waiting for your call once you pick up this USD5000.00,Please email me your direct telephone number because I need to be calling you once we send any payment for the information?s.

Best Regards,

Mr. William Ken
Payment Officer Western Union
Benin Republic
Contact E-mail: [email protected]

I had made distinctive inquiries with Western Union officials. They told me no one in their branches or offices will send out such a message to random receiptants.

Just something you might want to keep an eye out for. Confused
Black Dog
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jammy wrote:

Seems like such a thing could make for a very believable Dolla Chop, with a valid MTCN that suddenly goes dead on the lad.

But how would you make it go dead?

I would steer clear of using live ones coz you are then technically involving yourself with the scammer

Happy baitin'

SafariVcameraTattooTattoo Lagos > Accra - Smith "i have to sell my shoe"
SafariTattoo Lagos > Accra - Stanley "I SLEPT IN THE CAR AND WAS BITES BY SO MUCH MOSQUETO AND I AM NOW FILLING SICK"
SafariSafari Accra > Lagos - Dr Omo "have not eaten and bath even my tooth is dirty"

Random lad pain:
Safari X14 more & TattooGoatSand Timer

Team Mr Bigg's
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no intention of recycling the MTCN for another bait, it will probably be dead by then.

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic