SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Quick question: "Consignment companies"?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So many scams use them, but are there really such things as "consignment companies" in West Africa, preferably Lagos, where a trunk box might be lodged and need some fees to release it?

A google seach of +"consignment company" +lagos only turns up references to scams.

There are plenty of genuine "security companies" in Lagos, but after browsing a dozen websites, I can't find any that would offer a service like this.

So, does anyone know, is the whole "consignment company" concept just something the lads invented, or is there such a thing in the real world?

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure there are places where you can store stuff but the whole "security company" with the trunk box that cannot be released until fees are payed is something invented as an excuse for scammers to ask for advanced fees.

There is also no such thing as "diplomatic" deliverymen.

I once asked a lad for a picture of the security company that housed boxes with millions in cash. This is what a security company looked like in the lads mind.

Kind of insulting isn't it?

Speaking of insulting. If someone on their death bed told me they secretly lodged a trunk box filled with millions of dollars in cash with a security company, I would ask the doctor to dial his meds back a little.

Or it would be like “thanks dad, we have been poor all our lives and you had millions in cash. Instead buying food you stuck it in a box and stored the box in a place that won’t release it until storage fees are paid? How freaking long has it been there? Now you saying I can’t have it unless I get a foreigner to pay for the storage fees so it can be mailed to him? Nurse, how do I turn this machine off?”

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Jammy
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^LoL. That's a great picture, Ghost. At first guess, it looks like a house in Arizona. Who knew those Arizonans were hording so much Nigerian trunk box money?

Quote:
Instead buying food you stuck it in a box and stored the box in a place that won’t release it until storage fees are paid? How freaking long has it been there?

Great observation! I've tried this angle in baits more than once, and it's usually met with obstinate stupidity and bullheadishness on the part of the lad. There seems to be a mental block in lads that prevents them from ever admitting that their original script is retarded.

RE: my initial question, sadly that's what I expected. There doesn't even seem to be a single real life pawnshop in Lagos! (Pawnshops being the only legitimate business I can think of that's anything like the lads' fantasy "consignment companies")

I'm trying to plan the last stages of a unique (as far as I know) type of safari, on a well-hooked lad in a very long bait. I don't want to explain the details now, but I promise I'll publish it, whether I'm successful or not. At this point it's crucial that I have something like a "consignment company" in Lagos, and the lad himself needs to believe that this company is plausible. I guess it's time to "think outside the box". Surprised

Published Bait: The Miseducation of Chief Mrs Watusi FBI Mrs
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't call it a consignment company or security company. The lad will be familiar with those phrases. Think of another name and I bet you can get the lad to go for it. The thing about lads is most of them are so egotistical they don't think anyone can lie to them.

Another thing to consider, if you say you are in contact with anyone else in Nigeria involving money, the lad is going to assume you are dealing with another lad. You could use this to your advantage.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
TurkeyTrotter
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ghost wrote:
Don't call it a consignment company or security company.

I think you should use a Holding Company. This should lead to a great many misunderstandings on your lad's part. Very Happy

Maybe someone could set up a holding company website so that your fake lads could use it to hide their ill gotten gains. It could be interesting to see if any lads would be willing to try and rob a secure warehouse belonging to your holding company.

Edit: Just an extra thought, has anybody tried to miseducate their lads into not using Consignment or Security companies any more as the whole world now knows these companies are always involved in scams :shocked: Maybe the lads should now use a Malapropos Companies as they are amongst the most trusted types of security firm in the world (Most of the banks store their gold in malapropus companies) Rolling Eyes

If a lad does a definition search on malapropos and queries it then just slap him hard and tell him that is the whole point of the exercise, to trick criminals into thinking that they are so unsuitable and inappropriate to the job at hand Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic