SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Job ads... Job offer SCAM

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scammersshouldburninhell
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I AM NO SCAMBAITER Sad BUT I JUST WANNA SHARE AN EXPERIENCE OF MINE OF ALMOST BEING A SCAM VICTIM. ALMOST. I FEEL LIKE A DUMB TO REALIZE ABOUT THIS BUT NOW I REALIZE I SHOULD BE THANKFUL THAT I AM NOT 100% DUMB ASS. BELOW IS THE "STORY" OF MINE...

In the middle of March 2009, after months of being jobless, I decided to try my luck by looking for a job in oversea. I went through various of job offered through the net, might it be classfieds, job agencies and also individuals. After googled for hundreds of jobs offers, I came across a "Asian Nanny Wanted For Family In London" in www.classifieds.smashits.com. I just randomly applied for any post that I am interested in, including that one. I used to hold an executive position before but rather than being jobless, what the heck eh? I don't mind down-grading myself.

Few days after that, I received a reply from the person who "happen to be the owner of the advertisement". I am so excited and we keep exchanging e-mail as part of the process for me to work for her (Elizabeth Maddicott). I've provided her my scanned international passport (A15875xxx) including every details required. Few emails goes on and I realize this is part of "419 Scam" from Africa when she said she already sent all the documents needed for me be able to go to the UK and I have to pay for documentations shipping fees (RM600). I am very upset, I checked, googled and do everything that I could to make sure this thing is 120% job scam of 419 Scam team.

How do I know this is a job scam/419 Scam? Because they ask for me to pay for the shipment of the documents. Then I check the courier service they use. It is from Africa, not from the UK as it suppose to be. The person who I supposed to do money wire-transfer by Western Union, John Paul Obijiaku, has another scam report from Qatar. And bad enough when the person who claimed herself as "Elizabeth Maddicott" said in the email that the sender of the documents from Cameroon is Mr. David Sydney Maddicott. When I checked through the net, Mr. David Sydney Maddicott is a higher officer in FCO, British High Commission in Cameroon.

I believe, Mr. David Sydney Maddicott is not aware that his name is being used by scammers in Africa. How am so sure about this? As in FCO website, it does shows Mr. David Maddicott's background (career and family). Yes, his wife is Elizabeth and they have 4 sons and 1 daughter, all grown-up (in 20's) but the scammer Elizabeth Maddicott required me to be a nanny for their "kids" (2 sons and 1 daughter). This is very suspicious indeed.

Below is the copy-paste e-mail correspondence bewteen me and the scammer "ELIZABETH MADDICOTT @ JOHN PAUL OBJIAKU":

1st email (from me, responds to an ads in the internet)

---------------------------------------------------------------

To:[email protected]

Hi. I am very interested to work with you in London as a nanny. I am 32 years old this year, single, English-speaking from Malaysia. I have valid passport. I do not have formal training on care giving but I do have quite a number of experience in taking care of babies and kids. I know you might have found someone suit that post but if happen you know anyone to hire a nanny, please do inform me. Thank you.

To edit/delete you ad please visit http://classifieds.smashits.com/p,1694.miva4922d3310214a,modify.htm

2nd email (from Elizabeth to me).

Hi,thanks for your mail .I will like to see your CV before proceeding.
my regards

3rd email (from me to the Elizabeth)

Attached: Resume

Notes

As in earlier e-mail, I've mentioned that I do not have any formal training in care giving BUT I do have a number of experience in taking care of babies and kids. I used to babysit babies and kids which most of them are my friends and cousins' kids. Most of them being took care by myself since they are around 3 - 5 years old and one of them is since he was a baby and now he is 13 years old boy. I always babysit them on the weekends and holidays. I can cook very well and obviously most of the dishes are Asian delicacies but I do know how to cook what we called here in Malaysia as "western foods" such as pastas, steaks, etc. In term of house keeping, it is never a problem for myself because all the house chores is easily handle by myself.

4th email (from the Elizabeth to me)

Elizabeth Maddicott wrote:

Hi,thanks for the CV,I will like to know the following.
do you smoke
do you drink a lot of alcohol
what are your likes and dislikes
can you drive
I will be waiting for your reply
My regards

5th email (from the Elizabeth to me)

Hi Elizabeth,

Well, I gotta be honest with you that yes, I smoke but not on regular basis. I only a social smoker i.e when I hang out with group of friends in a pub or cafe. I don't smoke at home especially when kids around. Not only I know it is not a good example but it is not really healthy. As in alcohol, no. I don't consume alcohol. I used to drink when I was in my 20s but I quit in 2004. Well, yeah, I can drive but my driving license already expired 2 years ago. But I still can drive very well. Automatic or manual car, it doesn't really matter. Do I have to drive in UK? Please let me know.

What do I likes and dislikes? Hmmm... Well, I love blogging/writing, cooking, listening to music, traveling (if I have a chance to do so and permitted by my economy condition. LOL!), surf the net and watching football (fyi, I am Liverpool supporter) . I don't like crowded place (such as clubs, shopping malls), dirty toilet/bathroom, jeweleries (I don't wear any!), untidy kitchen and Manchester United. LOL!

And for your information, I am a Muslim woman by religion but I am not a religious type. I don't wear hijab/head scarf, too. I considered myself as a modern, liberal Muslim. I hope you don't have any problem with it. I don't want to stereotype "westerners" as a Muslim-haters because I know not everyone have the same thinking and view. So, as a Muslim, I don't eat pork but if I have to prepare any dishes with pork, I do need a pair of hand gloves and I do not have any further problem with it. I hope you understand me.

So tell me Elizabeth, if you going to hire me as a nanny in your household, what is my job scope? I am really interested to know. Do I have to work 7 days a week or will I get any day off? And of course, how much is the pay.

That's all for now. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Regards,
Anita

6th email (from Elizabeth to me)

Hi,thanks for your mail.I will discuss it with my husband and get back to you ok.

7th email (from me to Elizabeth)

Hi.
Thanks. I hope to hear a favourable replies from your side soon. Smile
Anita

8th email (from Elizabeth to me)

Hi,my husband has accepted to employ you.You will take responsibility of my two sons and a daugther. your salary per month is 2000pounds and a weekly allowance of 100pounds working hours is from 600am to 1100am and from 200pm to 630pm. you are free during the weekends except for emergency cases you will be living in one of my apartments for free...
the contract last for a year and renewable if you agreed to these terms and condition get back to me so that I can send your documents to him to begin processing your traveling documents.he works at the British embassy, so processing these documents will not take much time.
I will like to have the following information
scan copy of passport
passport number
date and place of birth
country of origin
current address
i will wait for your reply.

9th email (from me to Elizabeth)

Attached: Scanned Passport

Hi Elizabeth, I've sent my photocopy (scan) of passport as soon as possible as I have to look around for scanning services. For time being, I provide you with details needed:-

Passport Number : A 15875xxx
Date of Birth : 08th October 1977
Place of Birth : Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
Country of Origin : Malaysia
Current Address : Ex-xx-xx Subang Perdana Goodyear Court 5, Persiaran Kewajipan, USJ 8, 47610 UEP Subang Jaya, Selangor D.E, Malaysia
Permanent Address (parents) : xx Jalan Jati x, Taman Bukit Jati, 81700 Pasir Gudang, Johor D.T, Malaysia

Regards,
ANITA

10th email (from Elizabeth to me)

Hi,I have receive the information and forward them to my husband to begin with the processing.You should be preparing to come since processing these documents will take about a week.If we need any other information,I will get back to you.I will also inform you when we are through.We need you to start work by the 25 of April.ok.
my regards

11th email (from me to Elizabeth)

Hi Elizabeth,

I just wonder, if I have to start work on the 25th, when is the flight? And kindly advice me, which airlines and from which airport will the flight take off? I need to know because I need to prepare lots of stuffs from here as I only have less than a month to get myself ready. Thank you so very much.

Regards,
Anita

12th email (from Elizabeth to me)

Hi,thanks for your mail.I will send you all the necessary information when you receive your traveling documents ok.
my regards

13th email (from me to Elizabeth)

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your reply. I already start packing and sell off my stuffs (garage sales) here. I will spend my last few days with my parents. I am looking forward for all the documents.

My Regards,
Anita

14th email (from Elizabeth to me)

Hi, I have receive the information and forward them to my husband to begin with the processing.You should be preparing to come since processing these documents will take about a week.If we need any other information,I will get back to you.I will also inform you when we are through.We need you to start work by the 25 of April.ok.
my regards

15th email (from me to Elizabeth)

Hi Elizabeth,

How are you doing? I just write to ask you on the process of my traveling documents. I have done with my stuffs here in Malaysia. Everything sold. I just waiting for your reply. I hope everything is OK. I can't wait to start working for your family. I am really eager to start a whole new life. Another few more days to go. I hope to go to London a little bit earlier so I could familiarize myself with the area since I believe I have to fetch your kids go/from school too, right? Hope to hear from you really soon. Thank you.

Regards,
Anita

16th email (from scammer to Elizabeth)

Hi, the processing of your documents is going on well.ok.I am also eager to have you started.I will get back to you as soon as we are through with the processing .
my regards

17th email (from me to Elizabeth)

Hi Elizabeth,

Sorry for sending you quite number of emails. I just want to know, do I need to collect any kind of documentation from the British High Commission and ticket from airlines office in Kuala Lumpur? I need to know because I decided to go back to my hometown and spend quality times with my parents and relatives in Johor Bahru before leaving to the UK. So I need to do some time arrangement. When do you think that I'll get of those documentations and ticket? Probably by next week perhaps? I have to know because back in my hometown, it is kind of troublesome for me to check my email as there is no internet connection unless I go to the cyber cafe.

And, is it possible for me to get your full address, land line phone number (and also mobile)? I need those information as I have to give those to my parents, in case of any emergency case happens.

Thank you.

My regards,
ANITA

18th email (from Elizabeth to me)

Hi,I just receive a message from my husband saying that your documents have been completed.that you should contact the courier transafric express courier international and pay for your documents to be delivered.He said you can contact the courier through email [email protected] or call 0023779854484.He also said when the documents arrived , you get us inform so that he can contact the British high commission in Malaysia to offer you a visa.here is my address

20 hoppner road
Hillingdon, Hayes,
Greater London,
UB4 8PY
England.

I will be waiting to hear from you when the documents arrive.
my regards

19th email (from me to Elizabeth)

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you. But I don't get it. I have to pay for the courier? Oh wow, how much that would be? Regarding the number given, where is that? It is not UK country code, neither Malaysia. I couldn't find any country with code started with 23. Kindly advice me. What should I email to [email protected]? From who is the courier from (I need the sender's name here, date sent and address, perhaps?. Please, kindly advice me again. Thank you.

Regards,
ANITA

20th email (from me to Elizabeth)

Hi Elizabeth.

Sorry to say this but I after checking through the internet, transafricexpress is a scammer. I'll contact your local authority to check on this first before any payment can be made.

Thank you.

21st email (from Elizabeth to me)

Hi,what does this mean.I do not understand.

22nd email (from me to suspected-scam courier service)

Sent: 2/15/2009 8:43:52 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Courier

Hi,

I just want to check if there is a courier for...

(My Full Name &
My Full Address)

I've been inform that I should be able to collect my document as stated in email below. And how much should I pay for the document? Thank you.

23rd email (from suspected-scam courier service to me)

TRANSAFRIC EXPRESS COURIER INTERNATIONAL
11 STREET ,COMMERCIAL AVENUE
DOUALA
PO BOX 635
CAMEROON
TEL (00237)79854484

DEAR CLIENT,
WE HAVE YOUR DOCUMENTS PENDING PAYMENT AND DELIVERY.THE COST TO DELIVER THESE DOCUMENTS TO YOU IN MALASIA IS 600MYR.YOU ARE REQUESTED TO PAY IN THE SUM SO THAT YOUR DOCUMENTS CAN BE DELIVERED.

USED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO PAY IN THE MONEY THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.

RECEIVERS NAME .........JOHN PAUL OBIJIAKU
COUNTRY...........CAMEROON
AMOUNT............600MYR
TEST QUESTION.........WHEN
ANSWER....................TODAY
MTCN ......................YOU SEND THIS NUMBER TO US

WHEN YOU PAY IN THE MONEY,YOUR DOCUMENTS GET BACK TO US WITH THE MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER (MTCN).YOUR DOCUMENTS WILL TAKE 2 DAYS TO ARRIVE IMMEDIATELY THE PAYMENT IS CONFIRMED

CHECK YOUR ADDRESS AND MAKE SURE IT IS CORRECT.

(My Full Name &
My Full Address)

THANKS
MANAGEMENT

24th email (from Elizabeth to me)

Hi,I do not know how much,I am sure the courier will inform you.That is Cameroon,the sender's name is Mr Sydney Maddicott.
I will be waiting to hear from you.
my regards

25th email (from me to Elizabeth)

Hi Elizabeth.

Sorry to say this but I after checking through the internet, transafricexpress is a scammer. I'll contact your local authority to check on this first before any payment can be made.

26th email (from me to Elizabeth)

transafric express courier international wrote:

DOUALA
PO BOX 635
CAMEROON
TEL (00237)79854484 <-- WHY SHOULD I PAY TO NIGERIA SCAM IN CAMEROON WHEN THE JOB OFFERED IS IN LONDON?

DEAR CLIENT,

WE HAVE YOUR DOCUMENTS PENDING PAYMENT AND DELIVERY.THE COST TO DELIVER THESE DOCUMENTS TO YOU IN MALASIA IS 600MYR.YOU ARE REQUESTED TO PAY IN THE SUM SO THAT YOUR DOCUMENTS CAN BE DELIVERED.

USED THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO PAY IN THE MONEY THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.

RECEIVERS NAME .........JOHN PAUL OBIJIAKU <--- SCAMMER!!!
AMOUNT............600MYR

WHEN YOU PAY IN THE MONEY,YOUR DOCUMENTS GET BACK TO US WITH THE MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER (MTCN).YOUR DOCUMENTS WILL TAKE 2 DAYS TO ARRIVE IMMEDIATELY THE PAYMENT IS CONFIRMED <----- THIS IS SCAM!!!

(My Full Name &
My Full Address)

THANKS
MANAGEMENT

It is a 419 Scam. I contacted people from the British High Commission today, they inform me, that the genuine employee should NOT ask any money even courier money. And the processing is all the document should be pick at BHC together with the visa if all the documentation done. I have already report this to my local authority and British police.

27th email (from me to Elizabeth)

Scam on QL classifiedBy Jams on Thu, 18/09/2008 - 6:47pm

guys

i was responding to this car advertisement on QL classified published on 17 Sep 08-BMW M6-QR35,000. And this is what i got for a reply:

To: xXXX
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:15:55 PM

Subject: Re: BMW

hi,I when to the delivery agent today and I was advice that you should pay in the money for the car and keep the details of the payment.get me inform so that I can comfirm it and give orders for the delivery of the car.when the car arrive you have 2 days to check it out.if its ok,you send the deatils of the payment so that I can collect the money.they said it will be easier to pay the money through western union money transfer and keep the details of payment .you can use the following information to pay in the money through western union

receivers name....john paul obijiaku <--- SCAMMER !!!
country ....cameroon
amount .....35000

this is just to give me the assurance that your are willing to take the car when its ok.the car is still in very good condition.you will see it when it arrives.I have already book for its delivery.its all left for you to pay in the money and get me inform so that I can give orders for its delivery.

I will be waiting to hear from you soon.
my regards

----------------------------------------------

transafric express courier international wrote:

DOUALA
PO BOX 635
CAMEROON
TEL (00237)79854484

DEAR CLIENT,

RECEIVERS NAME .........JOHN PAUL OBIJIAKU <--- SCAMMER!!!
AMOUNT............600MYR

WHEN YOU PAY IN THE MONEY,YOUR DOCUMENTS GET BACK TO US WITH THE MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER (MTCN).YOUR DOCUMENTS WILL TAKE 2 DAYS TO ARRIVE IMMEDIATELY THE PAYMENT IS CONFIRMED

(My Full Name &
My Full Address)

THANKS
MANAGEMENT

28th email (from Elizabeth to me)

Hi,This imply this guy is actually a fraud I will inform my husband right away to get the documents from them.and send it through DHL ok.

29th email (from me to Elizabeth)

And DHL does NOT require any payment from receiver.

30th email (from me to Elizabeth)
Police report has been made towards you from Malaysian Royal Police and alos British High Commission (as you are using FCO officer name in Cameroon, Mr. David Sydney Maddicott) and Cameroon Police Force.

I know it will not scares you but at least I hope you will learn something. Not everyone is fool as you thought they might be.

Get lost you 419 SCAMMERS !!!!

31st email (from Elizabeth to me)
You are a fool,Do you think someone like me can use my real name is doing what I am doing. God help you b/c I am in a very good mode today. Other wise I could have shown you what I can do with your passport copy with me.Fool.

hahaha

32nd email (from me to Elizabeth)
Do whatever you want to. As long as you happy. All the reports has been done to the real Mr. David Sydney Madicott, your BHC FCO in Cameroon, British Police. Malaysian Police... 9 Pages baby... 9 pages all of our conversation is spreading to protect other innocent people out there. You thief. Mugu. I don't care whatever you wanna do but surely one day, you'll eat your own flesh from what you have done. No wonder people around the world hates many Africans. It only takes one people like you that gives black people, African people out there a bad name. Bla.. bla.. bla..

The last email was sent yesterday 16th April 2009 around 5:00am and since then I have not receive any e-mail from the scammer(s) anymore.

And I received an e-mail from British High Commission in Cameroon related to this (today 17th April 2006)...

Dear Anita,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. Yes, this looks like a scam because the High Commissioner and his wife are not looking for a nanny.

Best regards
Richard Buh
British High Commission, Yaounde

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/anitatahirpix/3450123430/[/img]

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My gosh!! thank you for your post! thank you so so so much! I have replied to her post at abudhabiliving.net and this time she was looking for a caregiver to her father that's 73 yrs old. She has also replied to me the way she did to you. I was also wondering why she posted at abudhabi if she was living in london. What a shame... I was really excited. Good thing my hopes did not go so high coz I was really suspicious about it already.

Thank you so much and God bless!

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

HI, i just corresponding with [email protected] and posted she is needing a caregiver to take care of his 78 yo father who has type2 diabetes. and i was surprise to be ask to pay for courier charge for the documents same as with the mails format they send this lady from malaysia. I check on the time frame the "employer" and the "courier" mail time interval is only 4 minutes.

FROM MADDICOT TO ME( Re: care giver documents
Thursday, 12 November, 2009 17:32)

Hi,My husband just inform me that your documents have been completed that you should contact the courier global travel courier international.he said you contact them and pay for the delivery of the documents.the documents includes
Affidavit's of support,contract letter,employment letter,invitation letter and Insurance covered.
He also said that when you received the documents,get us inform so that he can call the British embassy in Philippines to offer you a visa .
waiting to see you in London very soon
my regards

FROM COURIER TO ME (DOCUMENTS PENDING PAYMENT AND DELIVERY
Thursday, 12 November, 2009 17:36)

GLOBAL TRAVEL COURIER INTERNATIONAL
13 HOPPNER ROAD
HILLINGDON,HAYES
UB4 8PY
GREATER LONDON
ENGLAND
UNITED KINGDOM
TEL +44 7024024295
DEAR CLIENT,
WE WILL LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE A PARCEL FOR YOU IN OUR OFFICE PENDING PAYMENT AND DELIVERY.DELIVERING THIS PARCEL TO THE PHILIPPINES WILL COST 6500PHP
YOU ARE THEREBY REQUIRED TO PAY IN THIS MONEY SO THAT YOUR DOCUMENTS CAN BE DELIVERED.
USE THE FOLLOWING PAYMENT INFORMATION TO PAY IN THE MONEY THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER TO OUR CASHIER.

RECEIVERS NAME....PATRICK MUCHITA SCAMMER
COUNTRY........UNITED KINGDOM
AMOUNT...........6500PHP
MTCN........................YOU SEND THIS NUMBER TO US

WHEN YOU PAY IN THE MONEY,GET BACK TO US WITH THE MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER SO THAT WE CAN DELIVER YOUR DOCUMENTS.YOUR DOCUMENTS WILL TAKE 2 DAYS TO BE DELIVERED IMMEDIATELY PAYMENT IS CONFIRM.
CHECK YOUR ADDRESS AND MAKE SURE IT IS CORRECT

MY NAME*
MY ADDRESS*

THANKS
MANAGEMENT

I stop corresponding to them since i found out this scam.... and still they are asking me to pay for the documents. MY GOD... these people must teach a lesson.... i plan to write to a british embassy regarding this scam thing... Hope they make actions on this matter for i see they are still posting ads for hiring to work in LONDON.[/b] Thanks for making this post and i support this to warn all other who might be a victim.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic