SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I am being scammed ...now!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
intheprocess
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Help.

I have applied for a UN job and now I have serious doubts on the authenticity. I seemed to good to be true anyway as I did not take an interview but they did offer me employment for a high ranking post.

What to do? I need help!

David
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, intheprocess.

Could you post some more details? Please don't include any personal information that would directly identify you. Smile

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
intheprocess
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well. Now I am sure that it comes from a nigerian address;
from [41.217.2.8] by web46311.mail.sp1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:47:02 -0800 (PST)
When I look this up with DNSStuff.com it shows that it originates from Nigeria.

The vacancy where I applied was UN Children and Armed Conflict. I got the mail through a notice from a relief agency. I've applied (sending all my details e.g. place where I live, married etc) and some days later I got the job.

Because the letter was full of spelling mistakes (they've even spelled "United Nation's, instead United Nations). So I had my worries.

But what I do now? I apperently need to go to training course in New York, but I'd expect they will ask me visa fees etc.

Also their email address to register for accomodation: [email protected] is registered as an email address used for illegal activities.

I am not being asked for money yet, but I have the feeling that will come as soon as I agree on which day I will attend this course. Bloody hell; the course starts in december, and I almost informed my current employer that I'd be of for one month to New York. Thank god for your website.

But now what to do with this guy? He is still mailing me... a

Dear .... ,
Thanks for your mail,but do understand that the training is slated to last for one month only,but you are at liberty to choose between the two dates as indicated in the employment offer and register for your choice of date and complete all requirements.
When is the later date you wish to attaind the UNITAR course so as to determin whether you will fit-in to attaind the training.

Help ....
ThankingArthur
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's definitely a scam.

The best course to take is generally to ignore them and stop replying. If they continue sending you messages and they don't get the message, you might want to send something like "I'm not interested any more, please stop writing to me." and respond to nothing else. You could tell them that you know it's a scam but I would avoid it unless they won't stop emailing you. If they have your phone number and are calling you, just tell them that you're no longer interested and hang up. Eventually, they realise they're not getting any money from you and leave you.

You don't want to play with them because they have your real information. Just be glad you didn't send any fees.

Safari Morgan: Accra, Ghana to Lomé, Togo and Back. (~370km total) "it was hurt i paid hotel bills and also rented a car to pick Sarah up at the airport it was so hurt i spent money to go down to Lome"

12x Closed lad accounts Oink.

i promise you .you shall pay for this -Another satisfied customer
bumsnacks
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If he has your real life details, drop him. If you want a very low paying hobby you could bait him from a different address. (read all the stickies and always bait safe). You will probably see an increase in spam to this particular email address. Once they get your address, it is a free-for-all...
Smile
intheprocess
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the quick reply.

I know the UN System well enough that I don't pay any fees or such.

If my biggest worry is that I'll get spam on that email address, so be it. Really I couldn't prevent this scam. I got just a vacancy notice from a reliable source... I might have needed to re-check the email address. But really... I don't think I could've avoided this.

I'll stay away from replying to this lad. Again thank you guys for the info. If there is some worry-some development, I'll let you know.

Great website!
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like the others said, 100% scam. I'm glad you found this site too. Very Happy

As for the lad (scammer) just drop him completely, don't reply to his emails or answer his phone calls. They will move on.

You might want to visit our sister site www.scamwarners.com because there are so many different scams out there. Knowledge is power and learning about scams is the best defense against them. You can also post the details of this scam there and it will likely save someone else from losing money.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
intheprocess
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers,

Will do and will report to scamwarners. I hope the scammer will leave me alone.
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They will. If you get any more scam emails and you want them to get some special attention, you can always post the emails (with headers) in our Surplus Letters Forum here. Just be sure to remove your email address. Smile

Mjwoody
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, you should post the scam here(where Mr Cuervo recommended), if he has some other, seemingly juicy mugus he may leave you alone.

"IMBECILE LIKE YOU. SEE AS YOU BLACK LIKE CHARCOAL AND YOUR MOUTH LIKE WOMAN TOTO WEY COME DEY OPEN DEY TALK RUBBISH" - Jahmil Ahmed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic