SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Some ideas to put on some weight ?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why don't you pack on a lot of weight the easy way... get married.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Full_Cat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no bf Sad But better alone than bad accompanied Wink
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had this problem one time and drank a milk shake everyday. Wink

Wish you well, Full_Cat!

You too, sheila!

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Full cream milk. Drink lots. Very Happy

Good luck!

Edit: Beaten by Corona.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Fatter Siam
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This advice might be worth about 1 centime but I'll add this. To really be healthy, you combine a balanced diet with exercise and the correct amount of rest. Get that down right and you should be feeling mentally and physically better, gaining weight and improving your immune system so you won’t be getting sick.
All of us need the right combination of protein, carbohydrates and fat in our diet. Don’t rely on just eating junk food and crap. You’ll gain weight but it will not help your health.
Like the others said, gaining healthy weight takes some time. You need to increase the amount of calories you normally take in every day so go from 3 meals a day to five. For those in-between meals try something like http://tinyurl.com/SeriousMass-FR * with a banana or blueberries added in there. You should also be taking a good multi-vitamin with all the metals included except iron.
AND, make an appointment with your doctor TODAY!
Good Luck, Wink
FS
_
* I’ve never tried the Mass Gainer shakes but I have used this from the same company http://tinyurl.com/WheyProtein-FR for protein shakes for years and I’m addicted. I add it to my coffee every morning.

Safari Accra>Abidjan
Safari Accra>Dakar
Safari Accra>Lome
Safari Cotonou>Abidjan
Safari Cotonou>Accra
Safari Cotonou>Lome
Safari Lagos>Lome UHMMMMM OH MY GOD DADDY PLEASE SAVE MY LIFE HERE IN LOME i did not eat, take my bath nor brush my tooth
Safari #1 Lagos>Cotonou> SH Parakou, #2 Lagos>SH Abuja HE REALLY SUFFERED AS I COULDN'T RECOGNIZE HIM AGAIN

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Full_Cat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
Thanks for your advice -of course, it's common sense Wink - !

The appointment at hospital (where I'm followed for my ADHD) went well, the psychiatrist made a bit too much drama to my taste, but I prefer this than my previous psychiatrist fool to link on a bed (the previous one drove me nuts !) !!!
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Full_Cat, appetite suppression is fairly common in ADHD medications. I hope you talked to the psychiatrist that doesn't drive you nuts about this situation rather than a forum of people who play Dr. on the internet.* Confused

*Including me... Shocked

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you smoke, quit. I put on 22 pounds (10 kilos) that way when I was in my nid-twenties. Before that I couldn't buy a pound.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
Full_Cat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy I've never started smoking (5€ the pack, if you smoke 1 pack of cigarettes/day, you'll spend 1825€/year Shocked I'd rather pay a good travel in Italy or Greece than smoking with all this money !!)

For the moment, no ADHD meds, since I'm too low in weight Confused

But you aren't playing at doctor right now Wink
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ A positive attitude is where it starts Wink

Nosmo King
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Full_Cat

Sorry for the late reply.

Your pericarditis diagnosis: It is common for that condition to cause extreme fatigue and subsequent weight loss.

When was the last time you were evaluated, because the High dose aspirin regimen will work for a while but you do need an echocardiogram at regular times to determine the degree of pericarditis you have remaining.

The weight loss is rather a lot and if you're having trouble getting muscle mass, AND there are no other underlying problems (thyroid, diabetes for example), then there are some medications that stimulate your appetite and help you keep the weight on.

Thank you for precipitation with which you have forward to us the scanning copy of the receipt of Money Gram, ***because the scannage was fuzzy.
stop this you sick and hide game, it is getting too much D0n Dav1de Carl0s

United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x5 <a href="/forum/donate.php">[100% Risky free offer!]</a>
Full_Cat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Nosmo Very Happy

The pericarditis is now gone, I had it in January 2009 ! Thanks God that now it's totally gone, because it was very unpleasant to live with !

But the subsequent loss weight was not the consequence of the pericarditis, but the subsequent consequence of a lot of stress : the diagnosis of ADHD put me into very serious administrative troubles, + the psychiatrist who was following me at hospital was mad to link to a bed (for example among many reproaches I have to make to him, he didn't tell me nothing about precautions to take with Ritalin : if my GP weren't here, I may not have been here now to write this message !). If you were into my shoes, you'd have been banging your head against a wall before me ! Wink
So after losing weight, I caught everything around, from the simplest cold to this horror called viral pericarditis, passing through an infection around the BAHA (my hearing aid) screw ! I was sick all the time, it was an horror ! And there is a reason on why my ENT was concerned, it's because since I have a Single Sided Deafness, I need not to lose other hearing, and aspirin may kill hearing, especially with this amount of aspirin for so long (1g once in a while because I have nothing else left to relieve a headache, that's ok, but 3g/day for 1,2,3 weeks, a months or even longer, this is no way !). Believe me or not, the cocktail of Single Sided Deafness + ADHD is explosive Confused
Now that my jeans are tighter (it means I gained some kilos by better sleep and better food, but I don't have the palest idea on how many kilos I have gained because I never weight myself at home), I feel some better (ie I'm not sick all the time any more), but some more kilos, so more margin in case of stress, would be better Wink
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As has been said, milkshakes are a good way of putting on weight.

Take a pint of full fat milk, add a full cup of milled porridge oats, a large raw egg and a good size banana. Put the lot in a blender and whiz it up. You can drink the lot in one go or keep it in the fridge and take sips throughout the day. You can add some sugar if you don't like the taste, but the banana gives it some flavour and sweetness.

I used to do a lot of sport and was tired all the time. This was recommended to me as a good way of getting back all the calories I was burning. What ever you do to gain weight, it's important you do some kind of light exercise too, even if it's only a good walk.

I've been ten and a half stone for as long as I can remember no matter how much I eat, but my manual job keeps me fairly fit.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Eressea
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suggest that you also should consider eating/drinking products with many proteins. Chicken/turkey are very rich on proteins but low on fat (if you take away the skin before cooking, that is).

Also, as many have said, choose full-fat milk and other dairy products.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My dad has been very ill and lost alot of weight.
The hospital are encouraging him to drink Fortisip, I know that they also give it to anorexics here in the UK
I think it can be bought without prescription but may be expensive

Could you get refered to a dietician or even a nutritionist? They'd be the best ones to give advice on weight gain.
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tried and true early 1800's method of packing on weight for winter...a cup of hot bear fat. Sugar to taste. Then there is the modern version...McDonald's and their ilk.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Last edited by Badgerbait on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fries! Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Badgerbait
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mmmm fires with lots of salt for good water retention.

-----------
Closed lad accounts x13 Goat Easter Egg Mortar x3 x4 Elite Ninja Team Member

We are Karma's soldiers.
<a href="/forum/donate.php">Mugu Gold</a>

I must be cruel, only to be kind:
Thus bad begins and worse remains behind.
-Hamlet, scene iv

Full_Cat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
The appointment at hospital was with a dietetician, as the psychiatrist said I am too low in weight. She thought I was anorexic, but mom told her that too much stress makes me to lose weight (not like the vast majority of people, which rush on biscuits, sweets.... and put on weight under stress).
She was a bit surprised, but mom has been living with me for 23 years, hasn't she ? Wink

I told the dietetician about the problem with mom : she has a totally different diet than me. Even if there is a medical reason (she is diabetic), it's always like a Chinese puzzle for me when it's time for cooking for both : mom has very irregular working hours, and she may be too tired to cook after being back home.
I never ever know how does she manage with cooking for two different diets (mine, which is for putting on weight, and hers, which is for losing weight and not worsen her diabetes), since for me, it's a puzzle.

Fortunately, the dietetician said that I don't have a pathologic relationship : I don't forbid me anything, everything with moderation.
But she has told me to put 1 tablespoon instead of one or 2 teaspoonfuls of cream into a 250mL bowl of soup.
I was a bit like Shocked when I heard it : it's not that I don't like cream, and I don't want to still lose weight because I feel on my body when I go too low (even when I'm just a bit too low (like 2 kilos too low) is, for me, too much. Other people bear better than me being too low), but I was very surprised to be allowed to eat so much cream with a so small quantity of soup. And frankly, it's not so bad Very Happy (I thought it would be too much, but it's not).
Full_Cat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And since I have now well started with cooking, I have to buy a kitchen apron.
The problem was... money ! Because I can't find money on the floor ! It was so difficult to find a Mastrad apron, but I found it ! Very Happy The problem now is... size !
But each problem has a solution Wink
Kabuto Sama
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I try to gain weight too. For a 1.82m (6ft) male in his thirties, I am too skinny. 58 kilos (130 pounds).
I have a healthy appetite, but it does not really matter how much I eat. Makes no visible difference if I ingest 1000 or 4000 calories/day.

your father is a pig and your mother is a bicth.you are a bastad and you will die young.you shold ask your father where you bastad came from.South Africa is not for white.someday we will kill you all whites in africa and in south africa.up Zulu. -- the angry Zulu lad

you are a foolish Man that is why people like you dont achive good things in Life forget it if do not want to jelp this young Man
Asshole! - angry ghanaian "barrister"
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I recall a time I dropped 40 pounds in the span of about 2 months. That was NOT fun. Fortunately, my family and I put a stop to it before I became too thin. Unfortunately, over the years, the pounds are creeping back on slowly since I quit smoking. Mad

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Full_Cat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have never started smoking (I even had to prove it once as a teenager to a doctor, he thought I was lying. When I got out the calculator of my school bag and told him how much it would cost me (and now, it's even more expensive, instead of 5€ it's now 5,60€), he believed me Laughing ) Wink

My problem is that stress makes me lose weight, to the point sometimes that I get too thin.
If I stopped to be sick all the time, I still get cold easier and I am easier short of breath. Now I don't bear as well as before being underweight...
But plenty of good care and a lot of patience will make its trick Razz
Full_Cat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I found a super recipe, very easy and with plenty of calories (ideal for us Wink )

You take a medium brioche with a hat.
Cut the hat, empty a bit, then put the butter, put a layer of full cream, then break the egg. At the end, a teaspoonful of cream and you put it in the oven at 150°Celcius for 15-20 minutes.

Yummy Razz
Full_Cat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kabuto, gaining weight is a slow process.
Take your time, continue to eat plenty of calories and I'm sure that earlier or later, you'll be in better health. Don't panic if it takes more time than in other people.
See your GP, maybe he/she can help you. She is also there for it Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic