SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

eBay purchase scam...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ronspectre
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all..
I have been lurking for a long time, posted a bit a while back but had to retreat to do work and all but I am back... for a good reason.

My kids posted their PS3 on eBay and had a buy it now price. So we got a buyer as we often might when we post on eBay.. Unfortunately the buyer is a scammer, and more unfortunately this guy exposed himself to me [he doesnt know it] well after I was conversing with him in email so he does have my regular email.
He became unregistered on eBay the day after the purchase of course. Interestingly and expected, he threw an extra $100 on the purchase price for shipment to an address in Lagos. Of course. I realized I was probably dealing with a spammer, so I 'innocently' told him I would ship to the American address he gave me originally as in his eBay information... his response:

------------
I am out of State for a Church program in UK, and there is Nobody in my House, i want the it to be ship to my son address he is the one i want to ship it to, and i will be waiting for the shipment tracking number i do not want you to ship it to my house in UK okay i want it to be ship to my son in Nigeria okay...That was why i added $100 for you for the shipment ...Thanks and i will be waiting for you
-------------

But of course...

So I told him I will ship it to the UK no problem... [grin]. His response:

-------------
No i want you to ship out the item to my son adderss in Nigera here is the adderss blow

Name.............................. Kola Williams
Address............................10 Oba Akinjobi st
City.................................Ikeja
Zip code..........................23401
State.................................Lagos
Country............................Nigeria
Phone Number.......................234-7084958875
--------------

I said in response, Oh ok... Nicaragua. No problem. I will send it out tomorrow. I liked the country name he provided - "Nigera" and the "adderss blow" ....

He then sent two PayPal money payment confirmation emails which of course were fake. That is, they are unless the PayPal people now phrase their 'official' emails in a strange grammar-free dialect as he sent and come from strange IP addresses. Hey, as long as HE thinks its working, I wont tell him eh?

So my thought was ... can I hand this off to someone who can 'take it from here' as the "shipping agent" and put me out of the loop... I envision someone sending him on a safari to the wrong address to pick up the package. He claims he will [ha ha] deposit the money as soon as I send him a tracking number... So I am willing to send him a small box say 3"x2"x2" in size with a photo of a PS3 in it. That way the tracking number will be valid. Then I can provide a 'typo' in the address so he has to drive 150 miles to pick it up...

I want you all to know up front. I understand the issues with exposing yourself to these wads and now wish I had just waited a bit longer to send him an email but he looked completely legitimate until I saw the 'extra' $100, fake emails from "paypal" and the address . So in this case, he got my regular email long before he exposed himself as a scammer. So... That said, this is the reason I ask if anyone wants to be a shipper agent for me and take it from here. I can claim I am out of the loop.

That is... unless he reads THIS forum... heh heh.

If you think it best that I just let it go.. then I will do just that.

Thanks for the assist in advance, but boy I SURE would love to send him on a safari to a place with a streaming webcam and then have a party when he arrives...

Ron
mugu_eater
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i am sure somebody will help you with this if you put in some work in it as well,unfortenly i dont have much time these days otherwise i would be glad to help you,but as said sure enough some people around here will help you out.
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We strongly discourage baiting scammers from your real life email address.
Read the stickies about baiting safely.
Google on your email address, and you might be surprised how much personal info you find.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome back Ronspectre!

Quote:
he got my regular email long before he exposed himself as a scammer. So... That said, this is the reason I ask if anyone wants to be a shipper agent for me and take it from here.

Good to know that you're aware of the safety issues regarding your RL details. Might I suggest that you post all the details again (excluding your own of course) in Miscellaneous scams here, as I know you'd like this lad to be baited, and given some proper attention. Evil or Very Mad I'm pretty sure there are some ebay (overpayment) scams in there and someone might pick him up for you. Smile

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell him the truth ... there's no money in your paypal account for some unkown reason .... and he should send the cash by Western Union and once you've picked it up you will mail the item he purchased. That should make him squirm a little.
sir_bob
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That address he gave you also seems to relate to a "charity" website for children with "Down Syndrome" http://www.hoghospice.org/downsyndrome.html
JumpinJayJay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the simplest thing is to DROP him. do not keep conversing with him on that email address, it's not worth any risk there might be there.

Click here to support 419Eater.com pony pony
Mortar x5 Nurse Nastys Audi TT
ronspectre
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="JumpinJayJay"]the simplest thing is to DROP him. do not keep conversing with him on that email address, it's not worth any risk there might be there.[/quote]

Thanks for all the tips folks.. I simply play it like the business man... You dont have the cash you dont get the stash...

Ahhh but if I only picked up on the scam earlier... DANG I would sure have loved to send him on a freakin' safari to the wrong address... Heck I woulda told him I threw in a second whole PS3 that was just lying around and it was his lucky day as i wanted to dump it. Its funny how he forgot who he was baiting in one email as he called himself James in one email and Scott in another... Idiot.

But eh... it aint the first time its happened... I get those lovely scam bait letters perhaps one to two a day. Just deleted one moments ago in fact. So when I am ready to turn some criminal's life upside down I will be ready... heh heh...
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please PM me his address and I'll be glad to safari him for you.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic