SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I'm new - Have some theoretical questions

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Zzyzx
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all, I'm new here. However, I've been toying with several scammers for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I did send my real picture a few times, but, figuring that it would probably be used for illegal ID cards, I sent one with me wearing a hat and jacket. A very atypical ID photo. In any case, now that I've read a bit more here, I picked up some celebrity photos to use. I have the advantage of looking damn close to Jim Carrey when his hair is cut short enough, so this is easy for me. Note my Avatar icon. If one didn't know it was Jim Carrey, one would say, Yea, I do look alot like that guy. Very Happy
I've also noticed that the questions scammers always seem to ask are strikingly similar to questions one might use for security questions on your bank accounts and credit cards. Hmmmmmmmmmmm! I wonder why? Haha! It seems that they interlace the bank security questions with misc. harmless ones. Questions that I've never seen as security questions on any of my monetary accounts. So, I'll answer some of the questions.

Oh, and I have a huge crush on just about every Russian girl Embarassed , so that's where my forte lies.

So, some theoretical questions I have about this whole.... "sport". Cell phones. Those aren't that easily tied with a physical address, especially if you use a PO Box, like I do. So, I've given out my cell phone several times in the past. I'm an avid gun owner, so I'm not too terribly worried about some ruffian showing up at my apartment door. Should I still be worried about giving out my cell phone number?

As I mentioned, I'm into Russian girls. I also speak fluent Spanish. So, one day while toying with scammers, and wondering if maybe just 0.01% of them were a real person trying to really find the love of their life, it hit me. Halfway in between Russia/India/England/Nigeria is Spain. I could meet these people in Spain. Double bonus is that it costs less for them to fly from their country to Spain, and I could use it as a nice little trap. When they say they don't have enough money to fly to U.S., and they only have $xxx.xx amount, I say, "That's just the amount to fly to Spain!" If they balk, I can easily call them out on their BS.
I actually own a timeshare in Malaga, Spain, and I figure its time I visit Europe and see some of the sites. Its not all that expensive to travel there, either. So, I figured that I could setup to meet at a hotel other than the place I would actually be staying at. I could wear sunglasses, hats, trench coat, etc. etc. and scope out the place and the pet to see if it is safe and real. Traveler's cheques, no cash, leave my ID at the hotel safe, we meet in the middle of the afternoon at a very populated and public place, etc. etc., all the safety tips when vacationing.
Of course, I would make the pet pay for her own travel to Spain. Maybe I would let her visit my hotel room. If she seemed safe, and I didn't spot any burly people following us around. Wow! This is starting to seem like a spy movie! haha! Cool
If the pet never showed up, at least I would have a nice weeks vacation in Spain. Take some pictures, see the sites, buy some soveneirs, sit on the boardwalk and do absolutely nothing but relax.
If the pet turned out to be real, I would have a really, really nice week vacation! Wink

Ok, so what are everyone's thoughts on all this?
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cell phones: You want to stay anonymous, so best use a cell phone that isn't tied to your normal stuff in any way. You don't want to pick up that phone giving away your real name (you just don't want to), so best buy some old phone, get a new SIM and put some red tape on the phone Wink Then use that for baiting only.

As for meeting lads... Well... I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. Having them be on a meeting place and then checking if they're really there, sure, but I wouldn't go and have a talk, much less bring 'm back to my place.

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

More as a reality check, you won't get vlads to fly to spain. Vlads are 'pro daters', ne

ver demanding fees but soliciting gifts. Several vlads will use one model, and the models will frequently meet their admirers in Russia, but I've never heard of a vlad/model safari. Great plan and everything, but reality means it won't happen, so you'll get disillusioned and give up baiting - better burst that bubble now so you can focus on other ways of taunting your new brides to be.

For the record, vlads typically run long scripts, maybe 12 responses, so you need to get through those with minimal work and effort to get them off-script as they don't really look at your emails before that anyway, just copy/paste the next answer. Indeed, they often use the CRM "The Bat!" To do it.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
For the record, vlads typically run long scripts, maybe 12 responses, so you need to get through those with minimal work and effort to get them off-script as they don't really look at your emails before that anyway, just copy/paste the next answer.

Ah yes, I was going to mention that. As I've said, I've been entertaining myself with this "sport" for a while now. I eventually got tired of writing the same thing over and over, so I finally started saving the emails I was sending and just began to copy and paste. Takes me about 5 minutes and I can get back to something more important. Even that got annoying as I had to change the names every time I began a new pet hunt. So, I fine tuned my own pre-canned emails to only have their names typed once or twice in the message. And always at an easy place to find, like the beginning of new paragraphs. Sometimes, I will actually read what the scammer sends and think, Hey, that's some good material. I'll take it, change all the he's to she's and send it right along to another scammer. Haha! Laughing I do have to say that I'm starting to take pride in how well I have my system setup. Cool I've got pre-canned emails for all the typical scripts: stuck in hospital, stuck in hotel, just flew to Africa for business trip, etc. Efficiency is the key. hehe

Commenting on the 12 responses scripts, I was noticing the Russian ones will go quite a ways with the scripts, whereas Nigerians will hit the asking-for-money point in 2-4 emails. I had thought it was just the culture. Russians love chess. Chess can be a long drawn out game, where not every move is a checkmate; some moves are part of the setup. Interesting the differences in culture......
Dya Reyarunen-Downmeleg
** REMEMBERED **

Location: At the toilet door yelling are you almost done in there? Oops, too late...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Zzyzx! Welcome to eater!
Dude, the main thing that's stressed on this site is to bait safe. That means not using any information that could be traced back to you, not using your personal email address, home address or phone number. Last but most importantly - please remove all ideas of actually meeting up with any scammers from your mind. That could easily be the end of you. Are you aware that most of these criminals are men? The romance scammers with all the sweet talk? Those are men and they're, I repeat, criminals.
Go to Spain and enjoy your holiday but keep the baiting confined to the computer and/or telephone.
Read the stickies and ask for a mentor and always bait safe.

Closed lad accounts x163 Easter Egg 2011 Easter Egg Easter Egg 2013 Goat Goat Goat Golden Goat Mc Fry Purple Flower Mortar Elite Ninja Team Member

so as to enable the conclusion of this transaction on your behalf since you are not dead because if you are dead you would not have write me because I know that never will a dead
write to living...
I could receive the document official which you want to forward me for adhesion with TW@T
I am captivated, impressed and hypnotised with your sincerity
This you’re TW@T has it existed some how somewhere before?
Your ASSCODE is: 999-035-2655

"I Am Not a Justin Beiber Fan" innocent.being

Steward, WTF?

SAY NO TO SCURVY
Nosmo King
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a throwaway phone (Virgin), got the pay as you go set up and registered it under a baiter name.

I had to call and get them to 'activate' the phone for overseas calls, but since I only use it to get calls and not make them, who cares if they have the number from my end. Can't be tied to me. I buy time in 200 minute chunks and it usually lasts 2 months or so. If I call a lad, which is rare, it is to wake him at 2:30 AM. I have done it from skype.

Thank you for precipitation with which you have forward to us the scanning copy of the receipt of Money Gram, ***because the scannage was fuzzy.
stop this you sick and hide game, it is getting too much D0n Dav1de Carl0s

United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x5 <a href="/forum/donate.php">[100% Risky free offer!]</a>
Fowan Nyne
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vlad won't show up. Enjoy your week in Spain

"Note I am very weak by straight"
"Did you want to cheat me or play on my intelligent?"
"All necessary preparation for the movement of the stool are in the pipe line" - Stan "the man" Agbley

Click here to see a proper scam

devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Quote:
Even that got annoying as I had to change the names every time I began a new pet hunt.

Take a leaf of of lad-book just call 'em honey, my dear, friend. Just means you need to check the sender name from time to time.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
mugu_eater
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater..
As adviced by other members bait safe...even if you a tough guy no need to bring yourself in dangerous situations just for fun...The Vlads(russian models)are 99.99% ugly mans so i geuss you dont even wana meet them and they dont wana meet you as well they want your money.If you want to have fun with lovescams and wana be relative sure you are in touch with a real girl try the pinoys(thats the filipinas) i am sure other baiters will argue with me about this but in my opinion its more survival then a scam but thats maybe because i am used to the Asian way of live.....but its a scam as well just to clarify.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In my opinion, if you chose to meet lads in person in a foreign country, you would probably become some vlad or oga's bitch. It's not worth the risk. Like people have said, play it safe and don't divulge any personal information or photos. You would be amazed about how LITTLE information it takes to find your address, phone number, criminal record, etc. Wink

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
P.P3t3rs
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never, ever trust Russian criminals! Keep your fantasy of meeting one of the vlad girls just that, a fantasy. If your really interested in meeting Russian women just fly to the source, don't lust over a stinky Russian man claiming to be a woman and trying to scam you for money!

As for the cell phone, set up a Google Voice account, you can forward your online number straight to your cell phone.

Safari Safari Safari Nodo - Lagos to Cotonou x2, then Lagos->Abuja->Maiduguri->Lagos 3050km/1900mi (Total) All in 3 weeks! - with Mentor Nick The Cop
"One thing I keep thanking my God for is that he never allowed me to
fall victim of your scam, because I thought I was dealing with
responsible people, without knowing that you are a complete nuisance
and a disgrace to humanity." -Nodo
Ana
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater! Very Happy Razz

Im afraid that you may fall as a victim. Please read all the stickies and guides, and bait safe!!! And, of course, ask for a mentor:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306

Very Happy

You are a crook and we want no futher communication with you, Rgds ----> Luc4s Mb3k
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A fellow Utahn!!!
Welcome to eater!
I saw somebody mention a Virgin throwaway phone. Another option is forwarding google voice to your actual phone. That's what I do.
It's only good for incoming calls, but all the lads who call me complain that they are wasting all of their credits trying to get through.
Since you've been at this a while, you probably already know that complaints are the most precious gifts that lads can give.

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic