SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Moneygram is to pay $18 Million

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
menjador
Paranoia Injector

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check out this article about how Money gram has to pay up for wiring money to scammers

Code:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/moneygram-pay-18-million-charged-federal-trade-commission/story?id=8871729

Closed lad accounts x1

Pls if you are joking with me just stop it because i don't want to lose this wonderful opportunity . -Akim J. Chamber
Carlos Dominquez
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quite right. These companies are not helping the business a single bit. However, I hope they don't totally change or close, just make it harder for the lads. AKA More fun for us. Very Happy

Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's a link to the official release from the US Federal Trade Commission
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/10/moneygram.shtm

brief summary:
It only applies to transfers made by US customers, to MG agents within the US and Canada. This includes $84m in fraudulent transfers reported by customers to MG, not any other unreported transfers, nor any fraudulent transfers going outside of North America, nor non-US victims.

So it's a tiny drop in the bucket. The $18m is being used to "provide redress to consumers" - I wouldn't be surprised if scammers pick up on this and start using it in their "recovery" formats.

From a baiting viewpoint - why not take advantage of this "crackdown" to avoid using WU and MG, in favor of wire transfers etc...

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
woody999
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And Money Gram had problems because.
Quote:
The FTC alleged that MoneyGram ignored thousands of complaints about a group of roughly 100 agents in Canada who handled close to $100-million in transfers annually. Roughly 99 Canadian MoneyGram agents had previously been fired or suspended by Western Union over allegations of fraud, court filings alleged, and MoneyGram did few, if any, background checks.

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic