SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Puzzled about NY lad

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got this ridiculous email. A quick check at Apelord shows Lagos:

I am presently at JFK International Airport‏

Attention: Beneficiary,
I am a Diplomat named Dr. James Green,mandated to deliver your inheritance toyou in your country of residence. The funds total US$10.1 Million and you were made the beneficiary of thesefunds by a benefactor whose details will be revealed to you after handing overthefunds to you in accordance with the Agreement I signed with the benefactorwhenhe enlisted my assistance in delivering the funds to you. I am presently at JFK International Airport here in the United States ofAmerica and before I can deliver the package (funds) to you, you have toreconfirm the following information so as to ensure that I am dealing withtheright person: 1. Full Name2. Residential Address3. Age4. Occupation5. Direct Telephone Numbers6. A Copy of Your Identification After verification of the information with what I have on file, I shallcontact you so that we can make arrangements on the exact time I will be bringingyour package to your residential address. Send the requested information so that we can proceed.
RegardsDiplomat Dr.James Green
JFK International Airport,New York
Tel:-718-690-9030

I wrote back, telling him I'm not an American and asking how soon he could arrive at my local airport. He ignored that and this ludicrous reply quickly arrived:

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your affirmation and to inform you of the latest development as regards the delivery of your package by me.

While scanning the package,customs machine detected that the content of the package that i am to delivering to you is cash and the shape of the funds they saw in scanning machine clearly shows that the content of the package is a huge amount of money.

As a law abiding citizen and beneficiary of the package (because your name is stated on the package), they shall act under the assumption that these funds were earned legitimately and also believe that you will have no problems in confirming and proving this fact to us.

In lieu of the above,It is therefore mandatory that you pay for the Clearance / Obtainning of Drug Law Enforcement Certificate and Anti-Terrorist Certificate of the package so that everything will be done in accordance with the law.. Being the beneficiary of the package,the payment for the clearance / Obtainning of Drug Law Enforcement Certificate and Anti-Terrorist Certificate of the package is your responsibility and I will only be allowed to deliver the funds to you after you make the payment....

The cost of the CLEARANCE / Obtainning of YELLOW TAG Certificate and Anti-Terrorist Certificate is US$ 800 Dollars and you must pay for it via WESTERN UNION in the name of the Accredited Clearance Official as i was given which is stated below so that i can deliver the package without further delay.
Sir, be rest assured that you are receiving the package as soon as you have taken instruction given to you. Please the delivery address is very important. Do not hesitate to take care of this document as it is very important to avoid inconveniences as I am getting ready to be at your door step.

RECIEVER"S NAME: JAMES0N LAF0UNTAIN
ADDRESS:PLATTSBURGH NEW YORK 12901
TEST QUESTION: GOD
TEST ANSWER: ABLE
AMOUNT:$ 800

After making the payment, send the following payment information via email for confirmation of payment.

1. Sender's Name and Address

2. Amount Sent

3... MTCN ( Money Transfer Control Number )

With the Clearance / Obtainning of Drug Law Enforcement Certificate and Anti-Terrorist Certificate Fee paid as instructed,the clearance of the package will be done legally and this will exonerate you from any form of interrogation after you receive the funds.

So, send the Clearance Fee immediately and receive your package.

Regards,
Dr.. James Green
Tel:718-690-9030

Anyway, I'm puzzled that he wants the money wired to Plattsburgh, NY and also that the telephone number he gives is New York City.
Lakefield_Dave
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Prob. just a mule he is working with.

The person may or may not know about the scam and could just be an ITP. Or they could be in on the deal and take a cut before sending the rest to the lad.

Sounds quite baitable though.. Twisted Evil

"The e-mail was noted,and i want to say go to hell with you and your fucking" Ken K

"your e-mail was nominated by our fun and fortune bonanza machine base on
wrong segment" M. Cl4ck

"TAR MALADE IT WILL NEVER BE GOOD FOR YOU YOU PIG BENZONAL GRAZZY RABUBUK MAMULER F*CKING BEACH" O. G00day
JadeFalcon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With the proper fake ID, the money can be picked up at any WU outlet in the world...doesn't have to be New York.

What luck though, you happen to be flying into JFK tomorrow for business! Perhaps he could meet you at your gate and you could settle the fees in person! Always fun to make your lad sweat and backpedal a little bit Twisted Evil

"fo rizzle my j-fizzle" - BluthBanana

"I am tired of all this questions you do ask me all the time.You ask question like a small kid." - Michael Jonathan, avatarlad

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Come on...You know you want an ORANGE name!</a>
RIP Steward. Never forget.
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What is his IP address? I would bet a trunkbox full of motherless-baby-homes that your lad is NOT in NY.

Tell him you will be at the airport to sort this all out immediately. He will squirm. Twisted Evil

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Luckily, I'm only a few hours away from Plattsburgh (really I am) so I told him I can come in person to pay the $800 fee to Mr. Laf0untain! Very Happy

I'm sure I'll have no trouble getting boxes packed with "huge" amounts of cash back over the border. I never knew inheritances were paid in cash but you learn something new every day.

@jose_cuervo, his IP definitely shows Nigeria......so if I send the money by WU to the Plattsburgh outlet, it can be picked up elsewhere in the world?? That's insane.

Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG:
Received: from [82.128.21.246] by web24912.mail.ird.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:30:06 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/7.0.14 YahooMailWebService/0.7.347.3
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:30:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Attention: Cat Haven
To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1707185588-1255717806=:71305

Mod Edit: snipped domain key to eliminate forum blowout. - JF
lakeside77
A chaff in the USA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a lad direct me to two money mules during the same bait. His IP address traced to Poland and his mules were in California and Alabama. I did a Google people search and found they were real people with real addresses.

Try Google Earth and see if you can get a lock on the house if you can get an address in Plattsburgh. With luck you may get a street level shot. You can have a "friend" who happens to live in Plattsburgh deliver the cash to the address.

Closed lad accounts x26 Easter Egg 2012 United KingdomNigeria x3 Thailand x2 Guinea BissauBeninGermanyNetherlands
Sand Timer Father Frank

I must let you know that am sick and tired of all this whole bull sheet do you know my ass is on the line - Jonh Raymund

i want to say i am very sorry for the Mother that gave Barth to you -- Jim Ovie

. . . it is disrespectful,malicious, an ILEDAN EYE,to our corporation and embarrassing to my secretary as he was messed up by your action. I thought I was assisting a true American gentleman without knowing that I am trying to help one of the most chaffs in the USA. --Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh

. . . I hate you with all my Live, you may not understand the Laval of hatred I have in you -- Dr. Lambert
LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

omg - I just happened to read this thread. I live in Plattsburgh, NY!!!! Most people don't even know this city exists!!! How odd.

eta: LaFountain is a very common name here.
ScammedOut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ LotsaLove: I agree it's an odd place for scammer to use.

Everyone where I live knows Plattsburgh very well. You've probably seen me in the mall parking lot ripping price tags from clothes. Laughing

Anyway, Dr. Green must be very shy. After I offered to drive down to collect my money, pay the $800 fee AND take him and Mr. LaFountain out to lunch, he dumped me.

Anyone else want to take a crack at him? He may still be wandering around JFK with his bundles of money in a suitcase.
LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ ahhhhhh SO - now I get it!! Yes - everyone where you live knows Plattsburgh very well hahaha. And I actually was where you are for a period of time when I was crazy and thought I was in love ROFL!

If anyone else takes him up on his offer, I can offer the perfect place for him to have lunch *giggle* SO has probably eaten there as well.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic