SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
semtex
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello there,

A friend of mine had a reply to a gumtree ad she recently placed and it all looks very fishy, almost certainly a scam. I'd love to take this guy for a ride and see what can be done... Email comms as follows.. (I've added stars around my friends name/email and replaced all names/addresses with x. should be easy enough to follow though)

Does this look familiar then?

Thanks

Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 01:55:20 -0700
Subject: JOB INFORMATIONS..........
To: *[email protected]*

I should probably tell you more about the job...... This job is flexible so you can do it wherever you are provided that there is a post office in the area. In addition to that, I don't mind you doing all of the tasks during your spare time outside of work or school.. I wish I could meet up with you to talk about this job in person but i am currently away on for a Orphanages pedestrian construction. I am in Africa so there will be no interview.I am senior civil engr I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping and have my mails/packages forwarded to your address.If you will be unable to stay at home to get the mails, I can have them shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick them up at your convenience. All errands will be in your city/town so It is not a must that you have a car for the job, you can go places by bus or taxi. When you get my mails/packages; you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to. You won't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal the content. The content of the packages will be business and personal mails. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me.. You will work between 15 and 20hrs a month. How much will you charge per month? I will pay 500GBP per month. That is not a bad offer is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of
town... I am senior civil engr. I will return to UK in September so this process will be on going till then.... If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term. Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position. Thanks for your time.I will have the mails sent to the post office however, the money to do my errands must be mailed directly to you. I will email you the list and pictures of what to shop for when I am ready. No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at stores. You will be shopping for household items, Electronics and
clothings. I will provide you my UPS account number for Shipping. All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them. If I were to mail you money to do my errands plus upfront payment for your service, how should your name appear on the money? Where should I mail it to?Your phone number. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them.. If I were to mail you money to do my errands plus upfront payment for your service, how should your name appear on the money? Where should I mail it to?Your phone number. I need your contact address for the cheque to be mail to you. get back to me with the details below,

FULL NAME : THAT WILL APPEAR ON THE CHEQUE .
FULL ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
POSTAL CODE .
AGE.
NATIONALITY.
MOBILE NUMBER AND LAND LINE .

Thanks

--- On Sun, 10/11/09, *xxxxx xxxxx* <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject:
To: [email protected]
Date: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 10:16 AM

Hi,
thank you for your interest,i am available until 7pm everyday,
can you give me more details,please,
thanks,
*my friend*
DarthHerring
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does it ever. Yes, that is a scam, no question about it.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As DarthHerring said, it is definitely a scam. The check will be fraudulent, the UPS account probably stolen, etc.

A few key points:

Quote:
I wish I could meet up with you to talk about this job in person but i am currently away on for a Orphanages pedestrian construction.

What the heck is that? Yet, he claims to be from the UK? The English is horrible. Yes, he's in Africa. The language is typical of an African scammer.

Also notice that some of the content is in there twice? That's a bad copy/paste job.

Please do bait this scammer if you're interested. Look in the Scambaiting help forum for tons of information on getting started.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
[email protected]
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i just got exactly the same email this person is defo not to b trusted i have notified gum tree!!!did he ask for all of your friends personal details??
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic