SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

My first go.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sam.C.C.Cather
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So, I found the baits on these pages really amusing and had to have ago myself. I am posing as a retired executive from a multinational, I hint that I may be a bit corrupt. I am using a scam from the surplus letters page. Lets see where it leads.

The scam letter:

from Gabriel Selina Marinze <[email protected]>
to [email protected]
date Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 7:53 AM
subject Urgent Reply.
mailed-by yahoo.com

hide details 7:53 AM (18 hours ago)

Dear Respected one ,

Good Day Sir/Madam,

We hope you can treat us like the way you stand with your children and welcome us in your country and has our parent has died in aviation.

I am Gabriel Marinze 22 years old and my sister Selina Marinze 24 years Old citizen of Ghana, my father Benjamin Kodjo Marinze is a Gold Merchant in Ghana, who died with our mother in a plane crash in Benin in 2003 when going for his Gold business in Cotonou-Benin Republic in West Africa .

He was into legal gold minning business before his died in a plane crash with our mother during their business trip which you will find the website of the incident below.

website= http://www.iafpa.org..uk/news-template.php?t=4&id=1291

Our father has succeded in safety keep $35.7 Millions U.S Dollars (Thirty-Five Million Seven Hundred Thousand United State of America Dollar) for us with a Bank in Cotonou-Benin during his life time Business Gold Mining Merchant Business before his death in Benin plane crash with our mother,

Please Sir/Ma we need your help because the bank has call us to look for a good reliable foreign partner who will help us transfer the fund our father has safety keep for us in there bank and help us invest it and continute our education .

Whom will transfer the fund for investment purpose and who will be sincere to invite us to his/her country to continute our education and without cheating us or doing bad to us .

Please Sir/Madam , Can you now permit us to ask you these few questions below has we are orphan child which we will like to speak with you:

1. Send us your full name and contact
2. Send us your direct telephone number
3. Can you honestly help us as your son ?
4. Can will completely trust you?
5. What percentage of the total amount in question will be good for you after the transfer of the fund to you for investment purspose?

Sir/Madam We are willing to give you 30% of the total sum and the remain 70% for me and my sister and help us invest it and let continute our education .

Please,Consider us and help us and get back to us as soon as possible.

Thank you.

We pray for you and your family that May Almighty God will not let you or your family see such incindent of Plane Crash death (Amen).

Thanks and our greeting to your family.

We wait for your urgent reply.

God Blessed.

Your's Son and Daughter.
Gabriel and Selina Marinze

My first reply:

My Dearest Gabriel,

I am flattered that you should think I am a good reliable partner. As a recent retiree from a global conglomerate which was not always above board, I completely understand your difficulties in transferring your funds. My philanthropic activities must be widely known if you have heard of me in Ghana.

Your e-mail has warmed my heart, these days I normally donate money. I confess at first I thought you were just another tiresome charity seeking funding and I was going to cut one of my pre-printed cheques to send to you. Instead you offer to give me money, how kind of you my laddo, normally I would not accept but in your case I will make an exception.

I also see from what you have wrote that you are a good Christian, thank you for your prayers, I need all the help I can get in that department!

So you would like some information? Well here you go:

1. Sam.C.C.Cather. You can contact me by e-mail.
2. I need to know you more before giving out my phone number.
3. I am being as honest as you are when I say I will help you as my son..
4. Of course you can, you can trust me as much as I trust you
5. I will accept 25% plus 5% (I will discuss what the 5% is for later)

Sam.C.C.Cather
WhenWhereWhy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And.....? what happens since? Do you have some replays?
Branwen
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your reply is a clever letter! It will be interesting to see whether the Lad replies. Usually they are looking to spot a gullible victim, rather than a smart person, so it might be that you have been too smart for them.

If it doesn't work out, you could try being a bit less obviously-clever in your replies. Maybe something like:

'Thank you for your letter, it is so sad what has happened to you, I'm even wondering whether this is God's message to me after my life of thinking only of myself and my career, and, in case it is, I'd like to help you. My name and address is [etc] and I'd like to think I am trustworthy in financial matters. And I think your offer is very generous.'

Ignore the request for a phone number for the time being. And then give the Lad more of your story, little by little, a bit later.

You obviously have a good imagination, so you should be good at baiting! But to engage the most Lads, you might need to imagine yourself as the-sort-of-victim-they-want a bit more .... at first! You can reveal all much later!

It is your first time to use western union so therefore none can blame you. It is always like this at the first experience. - Yes lad, and at the second, and the third... you'll see.

I don't want to guess the number - But, lad, isn't that the best fun to be had with MoneyGram reference numbers?
tenaya
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad you decided to waste a lad's time. I assume that you have read all the stickies about baiting safely?

Where does this asshat's IP Addy resolve to?

Remember: Any screw up is always the LAD'S FAULT.
Never do more work than the scammer. (You don't have to write long drawn out letters to every reply.)
Don't holler back quickly every time, feel free to let him wait a day or two.
Try to get him off of his script.

Have fun!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic