SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Telecom Fraud?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poll :: Should a 'Telecom Fraud prevention' section be added to this forum or not?

Yes
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
No
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 8

kucukdurmaz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

Do you consider to add a section for Telecom Fraud issues or is there a related section that I am missing?

Thanks,

Umut.
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How much Telecom Fraud do you think there's going on then? And do you really consider that to be Advance Fee Fraud?

kucukdurmaz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually talking about amounts is very risky and cheering.

You may want to check IP fraud realated information websites if you'd like to learn about Telecom Fraud or we can discuss in private.

I just can say that the approach of Fraud is the same with individuals (like the examples you already know) and Telecom operators.

The only difference is, in Telecom Fraud, the vicdom is not an individual; a Telecom company. Fraudulent tries to look like dependable, finds a way (abuse) to earn money without spending any.

Umut.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you talking about telemarketers? That is not advance fee fraud, and we take an email based approach to AFF, I really don't know how one could bait a telemarketer.

I love to play with telemarketers, I listen to their pitch for a while and then tell them that I am going to look for my credit card. I then set the phone down and do something else for about 10 minutes. I then pick up the phone again. They are usually still on the line, and tell them that I am still looking for the credit card. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heh yea, playing with them always was fun. If you got a man calling you, demand you wanted a woman and vice versa. Play Hannibal Lecter on them - quid pro quo. They get the idea pretty quick. It has been years I had one on the phone though, since my phone nr is a private one..

Going Gold?
Post scripts at scamwarners!
Kill a fake site today!
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^If I am feeling frisky I tell them that I will only do business with fellow Scientologists, and ask them to go find another member amongst the staff. They usually just find the guy next to them and he tries to fake it. I then ask a bunch of Scientology based questions as a test, fun ensues.

For the record, I am not a Scientologist. Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kucukdurmaz wrote:
You may want to check IP fraud realated information websites if you'd like to learn about Telecom Fraud or we can discuss in private.

Could you link me to one please?

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic