SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

RETURN MAIL MY THE THOUSAND

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bayoubill
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO STOP RETURN MAIL. I BELIEVE A 419ER AS FIGURE A WAY TO FLOOD MY MAIL BOX WITH DUPLICATE RETURN MAIL.
I HAVE BE RECEIVEING THEM NOW FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND HAVE TO DELETE THEM ON A DAILY BASES WHICH CUTS INTO MY SCAMBAITING TIME. THANKS.
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First thing to stop this, is to turn off caps lock.

Hope this helps.

A course on English grammar wouldn't hurt either - if I was your lad I'd be pissed off too

Fight My Brute
bayoubill
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks my caps lock was on. But why would caps lock on cause this?
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you use your private email for baiting, or do you use a catcher account? I don't see the problem if it is a catcher account. Spamming is what the lads do.

Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<strike> There's nothing you can do about this really, I believe. Except maybe set up a filter (if it's gmail) that looks for certain key phrases (some of the phrases that always occur in postmaster e-mails) and have them permanently deleted at once.

You might risk losing a few 'genuine' scam offers and maybe some genuine returned mails, but at least your box'll be usable again.

In addition to that, writing nice posts ensures a lot more answers. Try getting your grammar right and your caps lock off, you might want to consider pulling the key off your keyboard alltogether, there's no real use for it anyway (unless you're playing the fake lad). Posts like your OP don't really motivate me (or most people) to answer them, they also hurt my eyes.

EDIT: Wooohooo Very Happy 1500th post Cool </strike>

THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THIS REALLY, I BELIEVE. EXCEPT MAYBE SET UP A FILTER (IF IT'S GMAIL) THAT LOOKS FOR CERTAIN KEY PHRASES (SOME OF THE PHRASES THAT ALWAYS OCCUR IN POSTMASTER E-MAILS) AND HAVE THEM PERMANENTLY DELETED AT ONCE.

YOU MIGHT RISK LOSING A FEW 'GENUINE' SCAM OFFERS AND MAYBE SOME GENUINE RETURNED MAILS, BUT AT LEAST YOUR BOX'LL BE USABLE AGAIN.

IN ADDITION TO THAT, WRITING NICE POSTS ENSURES A LOT MORE ANSWERS. TRY GETTING YOUR GRAMMAR RIGHT AND YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF, YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER PULLING THE KEY OFF YOUR KEYBOARD ALLTOGETHER, THERE'S NO REAL USE FOR IT ANYWAY (UNLESS YOU'RE PLAYING THE FAKE LAD). POSTS LIKE YOUR OP DON'T REALLY MOTIVATE ME (OR MOST PEOPLE) TO ANSWER THEM, THEY ALSO HURT MY EYES.

EDIT: WOOOHOOO Very Happy 1500TH POST Cool

Last edited by Master of Puppets on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whenever that happens I just disconnect my network connection. That'll teach-em!

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ bow_down

bayoubill
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

its a aol acount thats is my personal account i use for freinds also. and having to go through all of the mail to make sure i dont miss real mail is a pain. if we can figure out a way to do the same thing back to the lads i would really like to know how. and thanks for your reply.
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We don't do mailbombs. Waste of bandwith... And with all those people still using '&nbsp;' to fill empty cells in their table-based site layouts, there's already to much bandwith being wasted.

EDIT: To turn of HTML, because it screwed up my post.

Last edited by Master of Puppets on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayoubill
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks to all for your help
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Always a pleasure.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It happened to one of my catcher accounts (formerly a baiter account) - a cheque scammer spoofed account name and I was inundated with error messages and the occasional "STOP SPAMMING!" Took me over two weeks to clear out the trash.

I got my revenge by arranging a mass bait and Eater members did him some damage (cheques wasted and at least one bank account closed).

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had the same happen to a vacation baiter account. I would go in and alter the vacation response everyday and hand reply to the lads that answered that day. I was literally baiting hundreds of lads a day. One spammer must have gotten offended because he used my email as his bounced email address. I was getting thousands of emails every day. A few filters fixed all of that and I still use the account. When some pissed off lad did that to a baiting account it took only a few minutes to clean out my inbox. You can have instant results when you set up the filters.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
bayoubill
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks to all for the good advice. I set uo the filters and it only takes a minute or two to clean oout the bogus emails. but i do like the mystery shoppers scam as every time they send me a check through Fed-Express i know i just wasted at least $20 of the money and time. and i have about 150 checks.
Klaasvaak
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please tell me you don't use your real address to recieve those checks

bayoubill
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i use a secondary adress
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bayoubill wrote:
Thanks my caps lock was on. But why would caps lock on cause this?

I rest my case. [colon]roll[colon]

Fight My Brute
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic