SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baiting and Phishing

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Belker
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am getting more and more Nigerian phishing attempts. Not the sophisticated ones where you are directed to fake bank's website, no lad would have the brains to build one of those.

But rather they are all from Hotmail (my catcher provider) and asking for user name and password. Here is lead from last one:

Quote:
All Hotmail/msn account owners,We are having congestions

HAHA.

Is this common the more you bait?

Closed lad accounts X 6
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe it's common for hotmail. I use gmail, never have those.

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's so common with Hotmail (and Live) accounts - even non-baiter accounts - that I immediately junk unopened any mail that says it's from "The Windows Live Team" or any other similar "from" address. If Windows Live ever tries to contact their customers they'll have to find another way to do it.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gmail now offer a service where they will text you a password recovery code - SMS seems like a good safety net for everyone to start building into mail apps if you don't mind sharing your mobile number with the company, as it uses a completely independent network

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, I use it as another opportunity to waste a lad's time. I give him a fake user name and a password like "l#gx&m*s/09ix7x" so he will enter it several times before giving up.

Closed lad accounts X 6
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Belker, in this thread, Ninnymuggins set up an account with some volunteer contacts in it and gave that info to a similar scammer on yahoo.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=172681

The idea is that the scammer logs in to the account and scams your contacts on your behalf and from your address.

Miss Ariana Hani: "it seem your balls contains up to 6 eggs that i should destroy with a baseball stick and weep your spinal code so you die"
Mandaline Randy: "i gave you my heart body mind and soul but you did not value it imagine if you were me how would you feel beby its pain ful i was just rooming in the money gram as if am a mad girl while you knows my condition its unfear"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic