SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Message from General Counsel to Membership

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Double-O
419Eater General Counsel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everyone:

Although I am an owner of this website, I prefer to handle the behind-the-scenes legal issues, specifically, copyright violations involving all of the content all of our members have worked hard and developed.

I have been really troubled at the blatant violations of our rights (defamation and copyright) that have taken place and we have turned the other cheek for long enough.

Just as in the Phoenix Dollar - Cattyshaq case, I will aggressively pursue all of our legal rights.

If you see any copyright violations anywhere on the internet or defamatory information, please make a copy of it and save it if you are able and pass it on to the moderators who will contact me.

Thanks

I can accept mail and here is my address information:

Okorie Okorocha, Attorney (California State License Number 226658)
California Legal Team
117 E. Colorado Blvd, Suite 465
Pasadena, Ca 91105

"Never trust atoms, they make up everything"

United Kingdom x 3 Nigeria x 4 Netherlands x 4 Spain x 3 United States x 3 Canada Burkina Faso Safari

Last edited by Double-O on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Will do and thanks, Double-O! Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Double-O
419Eater General Counsel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Double-O wrote:
Hi Everyone:

Okorie Okorocha, Attorney (California State License Number 226658)
California Legal Team
117 E. Colorado Blvd, Suite 465
Pasadena, Ca 91105

If any scammers have a problem with this site, I accept full responsibility as an owner, so you can show up to voice your complaints. Just make an appointment to meet me at my office and I will shut that pie hole for you.

United Kingdom x 3 Nigeria x 4 Netherlands x 4 Spain x 3 United States x 3 Canada Burkina Faso Safari
CarlisleNinnymuggins
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Double-O,

I was just wondering what kinds of violations to be on the lookout for? As in, what here is copyrighted? (I seem to remember reading something about that earlier, but for the life of me I don't remember where)

"Please hurry up with this transaction as I am out of funds"

"Carlisle,WOW WOW WOW WOW,Do you know my age?am 80 year plus" -Joe Jackson

Closed lad accounts x4 Nurse Nastys Audi TT<<Nowhere near as many as luckey.

Do not DARE click this link
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Huh? This place produces copyrighted material?

You should be a little less vague if you want cooperation.

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I'm sure you meant to say: "Double-O, could you explain what copyright infringement we should look for?". Wink

I believe that everything here is copyrighted and owned by 419Eater.com but Double-O can explain more accurately, I'm sure.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Double-O
419Eater General Counsel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are entire books dedicated to this, but here is a short article for our purposes that explains that any copying of our material is a violation, but I am looking for blatant violations such as 419eater.net, the copying of an occaisional post is fine:

http://www.timeforblogging.com/2006/12/10/how-to-protect-your-websites-copyright-when-someone-steals-your-content/

RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I still don't get what content you're talking about. The site has a nice logo, and a domain name. There are a couple baits on the main page that were run by the creator of the site. But this is a message board; dozens of different people are all creating their own content. There are some Eater University posts... but again, those were individually created by several people.

I mean, I run baits... I posted one with a lotto lad in the "Publish Your Work Here" section. Did I forfeit my right to publish it on my own web site?

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RayAdverb wrote:

I mean, I run baits... I posted one with a lotto lad in the "Publish Your Work Here" section. Did I forfeit my right to publish it on my own web site?

Absolutely not - in no way have you forfeited that right. Smile

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I take it the point is that no one else can copy your bait?

So we're looking for baits/trophies that have been placed on outher sites without the baiter's consent?

manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Double-O might just be advising us all to keep our eyes peeled, in case another site like (the now off-air) .net springs up. Sites like that only serve to confuse the public in my mind, and they did take some really rather personal digs at some people here along the way.

Nobody here at Eater is going to trouble you about publishing photos you own, or wants to get silly about the stuff we all write and contribute to make this place what it is, it's more a case of wholesale passing-off that they're trying to stop. It makes sense, we're one of the more responsible sites (absolutely no cash baiting, everyone has to bait safe, keep the moral high ground, no innocent third parties, etc), so we don't want the good image tarnished by people pretending to be us which may confuse real victims and damage the cause! I know I'm happy for Eater to defend the integrity of a site I've chosen to spend so much time on, and that's what this is about!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's good to know. I'm posting here with a website created purely for laughs that will link back to the original thread

Safari x1 (Senegal to Gambia)
"You can go now and f*ck yourself with a donkey or horse because you really need to be f*cked by a donkey or horse"
(George Michael's brother Frank/Frannypoo)

"You are a dead meat!"
(Léon the (Not so) Professional)

Closed lad accounts (19 in total:
x2 Léon the (not so) Professional. x4 Via Swindler's list. x4 Via Will and Grace the Law Firm. x3 *Hitman, x1 Hitman: The sequel!, , x1 Haiti scam, x1 The Bimbo (via Umbongo Chambers),
x1 Rita the ETA eater, x1 Via Team Doughnut, x1 Via Prince Emaka, x4 via the Nazis)
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I get it now. Reminds me of the case of PortableMonopoly.com back in 2002.

PortableMonopoly.com sold this accessory for the Game Boy Advance called the Afterburner Kit. It was basically a backlight you could install in the device so that you could play it in less than ideal lighting conditions (anybody who owned any of Nintendo's portable gaming systems before the Game Boy Advance SP knows how hard it was to find ideal lighting conditions).

Well, the Afterburner was kinda tough to install. What you got was a rectangle of plastic with some metal contacts and two wires coming out of it. You had to open up the GBA and solder two wires to two points on the GBA circuit board. To make matters worse, it didn't fit perfectly inside the GBA, so you had to cut the case.

As you might have guessed this wasn't easy for most customers. So several services popped up to install the Afterburner for you. One of these was called PortableMonopoly.NET.

Bad enough that PortableMonopoly.net was hijacking PortableMonopoly.com's address, but their service was atrocious. It was one guy who would usually take your GBA and hold on to it for like a month without doing anything. I never had any personal experience with it, but there were plenty of stories. PortableMonopoly.com ended up changing its name to Tritonlabs.com because they couldn't get PortableMonopoly.net to budge.

Closed lad accounts(x1)
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I think it's that kind of thing - we're all working together here on nice clean honest baiting, nobody wants what we're doing upset and muddying the waters.

Certainly nobody wants to limit you from publicising your own baits and pictures, in fact this work from Double-O will help protect bona-fide members from some of the more personal and unnecessary attacks that started all this legal business in the first place.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If any scammers have a problem with this site, I accept full responsibility as an owner, so you can show up to voice your complaints. Just make an appointment to meet me at my office and I will shut that pie hole for you.

Will you do this on CaM PLEASE?

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Double-O
419Eater General Counsel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

devil_woman wrote:
Quote:

Will you do this on CaM PLEASE?

No problem. I believe we have the legal right to operate this site. If they do not think so, have them show up and let me know why.

I receive threats all the time for operating the site. That is fine. If you want to follow through, I have posted my address. If your threats are not as fake as your box full of $6,000,000, prove it, call and make an appointment with me.

CAM is no problem.

Double-O
419Eater General Counsel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The violations I am mostly concerned with is using the name 419eater.

419eater should not be used by others, such as opening a site called 419eater.net

Diablo
419Eater is my life

Location: Heaven Don't Want Me and Hell's Afraid I'll Take Over

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

for me it's all clear, thx Mr. 8

Boardingpass generator
Deuzer's receipt generators
Get new scammer email addresses here

Closed lad accounts 2x (Hongkong, Tokyo) - by P@ul C0le
Closed lad accounts 3x (Accra, 2x New York) - by P@tr1k Men5@h
Closed lad accounts 4x by Others
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic