SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

usa stop aids

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
thescumbag
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi everyone,

I have been contacted by someone who it seems has got my name from a recruitment site.
The email goes like this: From USASTOPAIDS([email protected])

Dear (My full name),
We have reviewed your Resume on at a recruitment website and we are ready
to offer you a part-time job in our company “USA STOP AIDS” as a
controller of humanitarian assistance gathering in birmingham for HIV-positive people and people who have Aids in Europe.

If you are interested in this offer please reply to [email protected].
During next 24/48 hours you will receive a reply with additional details and job description.

(No sign off here)

Does anybody think this is genuine i am curious to reply but it is to my main email and i'm worried it may bite me in the ass. Can people take over your email ?

Anyway thanks for any advice
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

100% fake. No real humanitarian organisation recruits like this.

They will have you either shipping stolen goods or cashing fake cheques, I'll bet you and even offer you 100-to-1 odds on it!

Set up a fake address with gmail, and answer - any details they ask for just invent, they will soon show their crooked colours

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll send em an email, it's definitley worrying that someone has managed to get my real name from the internet, it can only be found on a few recruitment sites and then i have only ever thought by recruiters.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope I'm wrong! But unless they're going to pay you to hand out condoms and antiretrovirals, I can't see how this would be right. The approach is all wrong - any real organisation would ask if you wanted the job, the recruitment agency would get in touch, etc. If they're not scammers, they're certainly behaving like them Sad

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From the look of the Email i've received today it seems they are going to try and send me some plasma screens with a view to me sending then on to Lagos or where ever.

They have attached an application for me to fill in including references

Thoughts anyone?

USA STOP AIDS

show details 5:55 PM (3 hours ago)

Dear Steven,
Thank you for your interest towards our vacancy

About Us:

USA STOP AIDS is a non-profit AIDS Organization founded in 1984. It provides support for people who live with HIV/AIDS as well as their families and friends in USA and all over the World. The mission of USA STOP AIDS is enhancement of quality of life in our societies and reduction of healthcare disparities by provision of full spectrum of services including advocacy, care, testing, education, counseling, referrals and other healthcare services for individuals who live with HIV/STI/AIDS, affected by them, or are at risk of infection.

About the job:
Our organization receives donations from our sponsors in United Kingdom in form of humanitarian supply, such as (medications, medical equipment, food stuffs, clothes) and money for European AIDS centers so that people from all over Europe could get necessary help and medications for free.

At first you will be searching for warehouses for storage of humanitarian supply in your region that will be later sent to the European centers. After that you will be managing the process of receiving and shipping goods and receiving the financial donations from our sponsors. You won’t bear any expenses because our sponsors will cover all the expenditures for warehouses rent, mobile phone, your business trips and other needs. Also every month you will have to make a report about the HIV statistics in your region.

During the first month the job will take only 2-3 hours per day. The following month it will take 3-6 hours. First we will sing a contract with you for the trial period of 2 months with the salary of 1200 pounds monthly. If we find your work satisfactory we will raise your salary up to 1600 pounds or offer you a permanent employment.

If you are ready to work with us, please, fill in APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT.doc attached to this letter. Within 24-48 hours we’ll get in touch with you to carry out the interview. The next step for you will be the signing of a contract with us.

Attention!!! In line with UK immigration and employment law, only applicants eligible to live and work in the UK need apply, proof of ID will be required in the form of a passport, drivers licence or utility bill upon application.

Best regards,
Steve Thompson
Volunteer Coordinator.
USA STOP AIDS
Tel: +1 (347) 632-8909
Fax: +1 (347) 438-3044
Web: usastopaids.org
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
First we will sing a contract with you
la la laaaaa!

Somewhat sus at the very best. Fancy using yousendit.com to send a copy of the letter via PM?

PS I trust you know, the people of the UK and Europe enjoy state-funded AIDS treatment anyway. God bless the old world...

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

usendit PM ? How? Do you want the attached application form?
thescumbag
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

APPLICATION OF EMPLOYMENT

We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications.

Note: Please complete all sections of the application form as the information provided on this form will be used as part of the selection process. If you wish to apply for more than one vacancy, a separate application form must be completed for each vacancy.

PERSONAL DETAILS
Date of Birth: Gender:
Male ☐ Female ☐
Full Name:

Address:

City:
ZIP:

Contact numbers:
Home:
Mobile:
Fax:
Email:

REFERENCES

Please give below the names and addresses of people to whom we may apply for information about your work, experience and attendance record and indicate your relationship. One of them must be your most recent or current employer (if previously employed). If you have just left school/college, you may supply details of your Head Teacher/Principal.
1 Most recent/current employer 2 Relationship: 3 Relationship:
Name: Name: Name:
Address: Address: Address:

ZIP: ZIP: ZIP:
Phone number: Phone number: Phone number:
Fax: Fax: Fax:
Email: Email: Email:
Can we contact? Yes ☐ No ☐ Can we contact? Yes ☐ No ☐ Can we contact? Yes ☐ No ☐

I hereby certify that my answers and assertions set forth in this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. If I am employed, I understand that any false statements on this application shall be considered sufficient cause for my dismissal. I hereby authorize USA STOP AIDS to investigate any aspect of my prior educational and employment history.

Your browser may not support display of this image. Your browser may not support display of this image. Furthermore I understand that if I am hired, employment with USA STOP AIDS is "at will," which means that either USA STOP AIDS or I can terminate my employment for any reason not prohibited by state or federal law.

Your browser may not support display of this image. Your browser may not support display of this image.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Send it to yourself via yousendit.com, they will give you a download link, PM it to me Smile You get to remain anonymous Smile

Imagine a volunteer coordinator offering you $50/hr for a charity...you'll be acting as a shipping mule at best. Handling stolen goods.

You may, once we've demonstrated this, also wish to write to the charity itself advising them to put a 'it is a scam' notice on their web front page, if you've had this, others will have too.

Edit - the form looks pretty plain and legit, smart scammers, nasty scam.

Can you post the full email headers?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the form, TSB.

It would be tempting to play the bait out, but the trouble is it will be stolen goods (bought with stolen credit cards, most likely, shipped to you for you to forward on) - and the police will follow. You do not want to be holding those things, or even touching those things as it'll be your neck on the line...

Warning signs all over this one - the forms refer to federal law, for a UK job. Nonsense. The spelling and grammar is weird, they want to pay you as a volunteer at a higher rate than most other jobs, just another shitty scam.

Could you post details of it over at scamwarners.com - they're our very good friends, and it will help other people getting this email to find your post and hopefully not get conned.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks MBL,
Yeah your right, even if i started to play it slightly it'll only be some poor gits credit card getting hammered.

I'll get over to scamwarners and post there and then i'll contact usastopaids. Shame i really looking forward to that job, the hours look great... lol.

Thanks,

Steve.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The hours do look great - almost too good to be true... Wink

Glad you spotted this one and your senses picked up to question it, do feel free to head back here and have some fun once you're sorted with Scamwarners / USA, you're always very welcome and you may enjoy disrupting the lowlife types who nearly left you with the police at your door, and paid for your troubles with fake/stolen cheque...

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've posted at scamwarners. I was just googling usastopaids scam and found that someone had posted a question on yahoo answers which is now deleted but the google search description goes like this;

How come my salary hasnt arrived yet?

I got employed by usa stop aids in america and im here in england, im just wondering why my check/cheque hasn't arrived yet but they told me they have, I tried ...

I can't believe some people go so far with these things.

See ya
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic