SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

They even scam Avon Representatives

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cujo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

About a week ago I started my Avon business. I have no idea how it's going to work out, but hey it's worth a shot.

I set up a separate email account specifically for Avon.

Lo and behold on Saturday I get an email about someone who lives in Washington, but is currently out of the country and wants to order Avon in bulk and was insistent I sent them my address so they could pay for the order in advance.

This person told me they were into beauty and cosmetics yada, yada, yada.

I have to tell you, if it wasn't for this site I would have believed it was for real.

Checking the headers and putting the content of the email in google I found out for sure it was a scam.

Unbelievable and many Avon reps have been taken in by these emails. I wish I had the time to bait this individual, but I don't right now.

So thanks to all on this site who have helped me learn how to identify a scammer.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cujo, I'm very glad you noticed the scammer in time, and I'm very pleased you found this site helpful!

The best thing you can do from here is to write up article(s) about how you spotted the fraud and get them published in the Avon networks. Tell people about Scamwarners.com where our friends will help them tell if they're being scammed or not. Indeed, please could you post your article up at scamwarners.com, which will help even more people find it?

Cheers!

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I found a site by googling Avon Scams and came up with a boatload and my email was found there ...... word for word! I just shake my head in disgust and there were Avon reps who were taken in by the scams but luckily discovered it just in time.

I think the first thing that tipped me off was the person supposedly lived in Washington State, I live in New Jersey. It's not like Avon reps are hard to find Laughing in every state in the US. Why would someone from Washington order stuff from a rep in NJ? That was my first red flag so of course I had to dig deeper and checked the headers, called the phone # they gave me (which was not in service no surprise). It's easy to spot a scammer really, especially with the education I've received on this site.

I'll send it over to scamwarners also.
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm so pleased you had your wits about you!

Thanks for posting over at Scamwarners too, hopefully your insight will save more reps getting fooled!

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Cujo,

Yes, what Manbiteslion said. Also, you can post the email and any others you get, in the Surplus forum here (deleting your RL details). http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18&sid=dda37b453bff77b35815587717c12321

A baiter or two will pick it up and torment the scammer by wasting his time for a while which helps with minimizing other victims. Twisted Evil

Welcome to Eater, and good luck with your business!

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic