SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Can you please do something?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Varina
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, scambaiter community,

My story is simple: a few weeks ago I tried to rent an apartment in Craiglist vacation and temporary sublets sections. I contacted a few posters, found that the vast majority were scammers. I avoided them, got my apartment from a legitimate source.

Nevertheless, I could not forget what I had found. I continued visiting Craiglist and found every time more scammers acting with total impunity. In other places found the testimony of victims of these people, such as the latest post in this forum:

http://goodhardworkingpeople.blogspot.com/2009/02/warning-for-travelers-apartment-scam.html

Repeated requests to Craiglist to do something have gone unanswered. They do not allow to delete the obvious scams and their "flagging" system is useless. The scammers are roaming freely, use the same or very similar e-mail addresses and make loads of money.

I come to this forum to ask for the help of the scambaiter community. Can you please do something?

Thank you.
GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I scour my local Craigslist for car scammers. I haven't done so for apartment scammers. I believe that these scammers don't get enough of our love and attention. Post their scam letters in the Surplus forum.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Raga Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are not alone, Varina. A couple of years ago we had a place we were trying to get rented so I posted a free ad in Yahoo real estate. Within a couple of days I had a bunch of emails from people who all had the same basic story. They all wanted to rent my place but they had to ship their stuff ahead of time and needed me to be their "agent" and pay the freight until they got here. Yeah, right....

I don't think Yahoo was any better at policing these scammers than Craigslist.

Nurse Nastys Audi TT + Sand Timer (15 mo.) David Holt (will eat your flesh for money)
"there is something fishery going on", "You people are all Junks", E. Kaba
"Go and face your dumb life", J. Mathin
"You are not well trained as a human being...", M. Tony
"...there are thieves and kackers and postal pilferers in africa...", E. Didier. Shocked Who knew?
Varina
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your kind replies.

I posted my initial message because I felt overwhelmed.

I have been collecting and posting the e-mail addresses of scammers, hoping potential victims will google these before sending their money. Some do, I hope. Most do not, I believe.

Flagging scam ads at Craiglist is in most cases a waste of time, as it is posting Craigslist messages alerting other people about the scams. Few people read these.

I know other people - including some victims - are doing the same I am attempting, but it is like fighting a flood with a bucket. The same scammers keep appearing, and they are so cocky that they repeatedly use the same e-mail addresses and false names.

Here is one, using the e-mail address [email protected] posting a number of ads for inexistent apartments:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1380307349.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1376939504.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1380308593.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1376938565.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1378649194.html
woody999
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the following appears in a housing ad it is probably a scam of some sort. Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
cats are OK - purrr
dogs are OK - wooof

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know why you guys are decrying the flagging system on Craigslist. Any time I drop by there, the first few listings I click are flagged for removal. The system seems to be working pretty well.

The volume of scammers will still probably keep a step ahead of Craigslist flags, but the flags still seem to work.

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Same. All the fake postings on my local craigslist have been flagged and taken down.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Varina

Just sent to the lad... apologies for the language...

Quote:
Hey mugu. Listen up and listen good okay? You do no gooood at this 419 apartment scam business. It is dead meat like u. Unless u tell me different, which u won't bcause u can't suck your mothers titty.

We know better ways than u, okaaaay big foooool?

Watch your back brodda. We R watchin' U cocksucker.

One luv.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to find plenty of job/check scams on there just a few weeks ago, now it's pretty hard to find those. I can switch my efforts to finding apartment scammers, I guess those are harder to spot by their filter and they can't control who responds to you.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
woody999
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I decided to bait this one and just received the following after asking for her phone number.

Quote:
My phone is connected to my internet because i'm using dial up connection.the number is 718-210-2620 but always connected to the internet because i am hearing disability.

The number may very well be busy as it is a dialup number for AOL in Brooklyn.

Originating IP 196.1.177.95
WHOIS
inetnum: 196.1.177.0 - 196.1.177.255
netname: ORG-NTL1-AFRINIC
descr: Assigned to Dial-Up Services
descr: and Small bandwidth at Port-Harcourt POP

If Wanda is using a dialup she is not going to like my future plans. Very Happy

"YOU NEED SOME DOCTOR" Barrister Peter Paul

I dont know who is lieing ,either you or F3lcha1r

is annoying to watch my email for a whole day and not read from you-
>178 Closed lad accounts x 200 Goat Easter Egg Purple Flower x2
United StatesNigeriaSpainUnited KingdomChinaGhanaUnited NationsThailandFilipino flagCambodia FlagcameroonGermanyMalaysiaSouth AfricaCanadaBeninRussiaFranceCayman IslandsLuxembourg
Ivory CoastBurkina FasoPortugalUnited Arab EmiratesTogoMexican FlagNetherlandsAustraliaIndonesiaSwitzerlandItalySenegalTurkeyJapanGibraltar
Peru : sri lanka : USVI : Oman x 5816
Cellphone x 45 Nurse Nastys Audi TT x2
Varina
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First and foremost, thanks. Someone cares, it is always good to know.

Raga Man, GSN_fan, Tommo, sir scam alot, woody999, many thanks Smile

RayAdverb, yes, sometimes the flagging system works, I flag and the post is not available within seconds. However, most of the time, the posts just stay there.

A few of todays scams:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1370407262.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1383036481.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1383044082.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1379930127.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1382932608.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1382897310.html
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1382897070.html

And here, the exchanges between a man whose apartment pictures had been pilfered and a scammer posing as the owner of the apartment (the scammer's answers seem to be standard, I received something similar):

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/vac/1383155570.html
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gumtree is as bad as Craigslist. I've given up trying to use it for legitimate purposes and now all I use it for is to find scammers to bait.

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't seem to stop misreading the OP's username. Embarassed

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
plzplzplz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First post I guess, but I just posted a legit apartment ad on craigslist and got like 10 spams, 8 of which had one message and 2 of which had the other. They were with some "apartment placement service" and could get me in with a credit rating of 560 or above. Got two from the same e-mail too. Jeez.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic