SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Q about premium accounts and drop boxes.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm thinking of getting into check baiting. I have twice been targeted for mystery shopper scams, sent to my real name and address. They sent me a nice looking fake check. I held on to the check without contacting the scammer again. Then I got a little bummed out thinking of a less informed person receiving a similar check and being scammed.

I think it would be a fun hobby to collect these. Obviously I won't use my real name or address. I was thinking of signing up for premium membership to get one of the drop boxes. But I'm not clear on what these are.

Do I get a legit looking address in the form of "1234 Baiter Lane, Mount Mugu, CO 67890"?

How do shipments to the drop box get to my real home address?

I'm weighing the advantages of a drop box versus just renting a P.O. Box at the local post office. Your input is most appreciated.

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When renting a P.O. Box at your local post office find out first if your personal info can be requested. Depending on your country/'provider', when renting a drop box anybody sending something to it can request your personal information. That's not a good thing.

As for the Premium Boxes, as far as I remember you get a 'normal' address. Only possible restriction might be the names used to send stuff to the box.

As for stuff finding it's way to your home, that's something you'd have to discuss with the drop box owner. Fake cheques are usually defaced before sending if you really want them sent on, but mostly the drop box owner simply e-mails you a scan of the received cheque. With stuff like art you can have it forwarded, but you'd probably have to pay the shipping costs to the drop box owner

RayAdverb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Master of Puppets wrote:
Fake cheques are usually defaced before sending if you really want them sent on, but mostly the drop box owner simply e-mails you a scan of the received cheque.

Sad That kinda bugs me, because I want to have the checks. If I wanted a picture, I'd look at the pictures the other baiters are collecting.

I don't like getting stuff defaced either; it's part of the reason autographs piss me off so much. I can see how it might be legally dodgy if a drop box owner is knowingly taking fraudulent checks and sending them to a third party. Doesn't mean I like it though.

I guess if the drop box operator only defaced the back of the check, that wouldn't be bad. I kind of have this vision of collecting fake checks in a photo album.

"How can a Microsoft worker be using gmail account? are you so doll?" -- Clement Morgan
"call back your money if there is and wait for a cock sucker to answer you. Your mannal/fraud will place you in jail as soon as you arrive." --Clement Morgan

Closed lad accounts(x1)
GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ They just write the word "fake" on them and if you want, they will ship them off to you.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Ray.
See http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100200
I had a friend with a factory who took mine for me, he just told the postman he knew the recipient, primed with the false name.
Other than that, go for gold, give it a whirl, you won't be disappointed Cool
It would be a foolish person indeed who tried to pass off what is received, the penalties are severe, none of us are that silly.

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
MikeH
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Be careful. In the USA it's illegal just to possess a fraudulent item if you have intent to defraud. Defacing the check makes it plain you do not have criminal intentions. If the FBI somehow caught you with a load of non-defaced checks, somebody just might get the wrong idea about you, and then you'll have a very bad day or week or month or year. If I ran a drop box, I'd write "FAKE" on top of every account number on a fake check as soon as I could. If I collected checks on my own, I'd do the same.

BTW, I've gotten letters from US Customs via a dropbox that are pretty threatening, announcing that they have seized a check that a lad sent to me. There was never any follow-up to the letters (I didn't contest the seizures, and that was that), but we never should think that nobody is watching.

404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404 404
sir scam alot
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I checkbait and I have a dropbox. I did my research to see how safe it would be to operate one and the rules of the local company were good enough to calm my paranoia. They do have my real name and information and the only way it can be found out is through a subpoena, something a lad would have no way of getting even if he did get angry enough to come after my very common mailbox name.

Yes, I have also had checks intercepted and have never contested those. It just goes to show that law enforcement does pay attention sometimes so make sure you are willing to accept that.

Safari = Group safari - Dan Nkwerre: Port Harcourt to Abeche, Chad
Safari2 = Barr. Mustapha Marlick: Lome, Togo to Abuja Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.
pony Mortar x15 (some survived) Closed lad accounts x280 T.W.A.T Nurse Nastys Audi TT United States
<b>Have you kicked your lad today?<b>
Over $1 million USD in fake checks/money orders confiscated Easter Egg
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With regard to Post Office Box's, Most countries require your personal details, and your own personal address before they will issue you with a
key to a box. However if you tell them your "Bill Smith" of so and so address, I doubt they do checks. That's a chance you take. But it might help, IF you where known to them.

In my own case, I have a PO Box, as we don't get a mail [delivered] service, which is subsidised, Normal Box's can be expensive, and a lot more expensive then the cost of a Premium membership here, And there's no reason you can't work out something with the drop box owner about delivery to yourself.. That's providing your living in a country, where a drop box service is available.

But on the subject of a private PO [postal service] Box, in a lot of cases they will only place mail in the box, IF it's addressed to the named box holder. So if you call yourself "Fred" to the scammer, then it's not going to be delivered to your PO Box , if that's consigned to "Bill"

In my case , I have a box in a small village postal agency, where I'm known, and as long as the letter or package has my PO Box number, on
it I will get it, regardless of the name. But I've also held the same box for something like 20 years, And the people in the agency know what I'm into. If the mail is from overseas, they get the stamps.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic