SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

We may get an increase :(

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Redeye
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was watching a report on tv about how East Africa is now getting broadband. I suspect this may lead to an increase in lads from that area - up until now they usually have come from the west of the continent.
ihatespam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

(I read the news that the mail-pigeon my be faster then the broadband in South Africa; they tied a 4Gb pen drive on it's leg, and it arrived before the same data was transmitted by the net)

Yes, you may be right, but that also means we may get more baiters from that side too...

"This means that you’re playing with me all this while, you most be a stupid and idiot human being that I have ever seen," - ibrahim musa
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The report (via BBC News website) says the service is too expensive for your average Kenyan ... well that's not surprising considering the average income for the downtrodden masses in that area was a massive $1.32 per person per day in 2004.

(Source : http://www.jubileedebtcampaign.org.uk/Kenya+2786.twl)

BBC News (video) link - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8255816.stm

Rolling Eyes
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How many of those 'children' will become scammers?

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Catcher In The Lie
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't think the lad's in the West could be happy about it. More competition.

pony
"I don't want you to be burdered again." Ali the hitlad Sule
Click here to support 419Eater.com
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AW and I so want the lads in the West to be happy.............. in my dungeon.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
Bolleboos
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It means that sending bloated attachments becomes less effective / less annoying.
-C-
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let them come from the Moon, I'll still bait them. Let's wait and see (for some years, I think).

Pith Helmet Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso -> Lome, Togo

Pith Helmet Joseph: Accra --> Lome. "IT WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU TO STOP FOOLING AROUND INTERNET OKAY."

"YOU WILL REGREAT INSULTIN ME. WATCH OUT AS THE TUNDER STROKES." -Idi.

"Hello", "Hello", "Are you a pineapple?" "Yes." -Phone conversation with a random lad now only known as "Mr. Pineapple".
Nosmo King
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

education. Anybody know what the rates in the cyber cafes are? Is by the hour, KB, upload. How do they price it. I suspect it is an hourly rate since I got a huge number of messages from one lad with the last message of "My time here is almost finished".

What, besides gawd awful huge files, will eat up their time?

Thank you for precipitation with which you have forward to us the scanning copy of the receipt of Money Gram, ***because the scannage was fuzzy.
stop this you sick and hide game, it is getting too much D0n Dav1de Carl0s

United Kingdom Closed lad accounts x5 <a href="/forum/donate.php">[100% Risky free offer!]</a>
Dabillder
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good maybe the lads will stop doing this lotto stuff, lotto lads are just no fun.

look Bob i want you to quit from this transaction you are a complite fool. Don't ever mail me again --Rita Egobia

i have a question for you. Is there any alternative of helping me without me leaving my wife ? please i love her very much. -- Victor Kwasigha

I want to assur you that first time i will set my eyes on you..I will hug you...and give you.. a.. terible kiss

I am sorry I don't have naked picture also my name is not mugu -- Anne Mugan

if he hurt you i am going to keep his ass as soon as i arrive to the US. -- good ole Victor Kwasigha

Closed lad accounts - one lonesome piggy
mr.scissorkick
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
@ Nosmo King
Let's see, wasting time:
Long trips to airports where you are supposed to arrive, making signs with clever sayings on them, building sand bag pyramids, making innumerable calls to your k7 box... for starters....

United Kingdom Thailand Malaysia
Closed lad accounts x 67
Mortar x 34 (Hi, kids!) Easter Egg 2012
Pith Helmet Accra-Lagos = "you made me and my people to wiat at the air port for nothing sake.and pay for hotel resavetion its not sound." -John Asamoha
Hon. Martins Sand Timer 16 Jan 2009 - 7 May 2011

Reap / Sow
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scamming was already a well-established career option in Nigeria before the internet arrived. They already had dialup in Kenya, and even scam faxes and letters from East Africa were rarer than rockinghorse crap. Hopefully the kids in Kenya will use this technology for the good of everyone over there. If scamming arrives, it'll be imported. Evil or Very Mad

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The main development that I anticipate will be the decline of the internet cafe as a scamming venue. With more affluent scammers, and greater access to high-speed internet, it will be more likely that your mugu is working out of his home, and less likely that he is renting time in someone's internet cafe.

This means (to the mugu) that he no longer has to worry about someone looking over his shoulder and stealing his magas (this will impact upon our dollar-chopping modalities). It also will mean an increasing willingness on the part of the mugu to send/receive large files - - sending that large renamed dll file will not have the same annoying impact on a mugu.

In terms of their actual internet scamming, however, I doubt if there will be much impact. They will still use the same mail services to send the same formats to about the same number of people per day.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
Jonas Parker
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
Plus, I seriously doubt that their English language skills will improve exponentially. As an old proofreader, the e-mails that the mugus send out make me cringe.

BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another thing that may change would be their ability/willingness to investigate (i.e. google) a victim.

When a mugu is working in an internet cafe and paying by the minute, his time is precious and cannot be wasted on things like googling "Fred Flintstone who lives in Bedrock" to see if he is real. But, as mugus become more affluent and are increasing using their own computers out of their own homes, I anticipate this sort of investigation will become more common.

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The phone will remain an effective timewaster - proliferation of Skype/VOIP will make annoying you cheaper for them unless you sign up for a free premium rate international redirect +4470 number Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic