SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Did anyone send a lad on a safari to Gr33nland?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BarristerGeorgeCurious
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everybody, new guy here.
I've been a lurker on this site on and off for a couple of years. I tried baiting a while back but I don't seem to have the skill, patience and time to pull it off.

The reason I'm writing is this: I think there's a lad stranded in Nûk, Gr33nland.

I can't publish too many details, as it's mostly information I got through my job. But the lad is from N!geria, has travelled an absurd route to get here, has seemingly no business in this country, and seems to be stuck without a return ticket or money.

Now, he could be a desperate asylum seeker who thought Gr33nland was a neat stepping stone to Canada (it isn't). We get a few of those each year.

But having read the great safari post on this site I couldn't help but wonder: Did one of you send this guy on a safari?

If so, write me and I'll give you a few details. Sorry, I haven't seen the guy with my own eyes.

Barrister George Curious
DrStranglove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That would be pretty funny!

CarlisleNinnymuggins
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure if anyone sent a lad to Greenland they'd get a golden safari hat...

I mean, I'll claim it if no one else wants it, but still, I'd be surprised if anyone could bait a lad to Greenland.

Funny thing, I was writing Greenland, and I accidentally wrote Greenlad. Coincidence? I think not.

"Please hurry up with this transaction as I am out of funds"

"Carlisle,WOW WOW WOW WOW,Do you know my age?am 80 year plus" -Joe Jackson

Closed lad accounts x4 Nurse Nastys Audi TT<<Nowhere near as many as luckey.

Do not DARE click this link
BarristerGeorgeCurious
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, there's a direct route from Copenhagen, so I don't think it would be too hard to safari a lad here.

It would be a great place to get stuck, too. I'm semi-local, speak both languages, travel with the right papers and funds and even I get stuck here!
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome BarristerGeorgeCurious!

Please tell us more. Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Total Wipeout
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, I seriously hope someone did get a lad stuck in Greenland. Roll on winter, he won't know what's hit him. Laughing
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have often posed as a geologist but claimed to be much further North than Nuuk.
I did tell the lads what a wonderful country it was, lovely and warm in the summer with all that midnight sun.
Great place, even if there's no Western Onion.
BarristerGeorgeCurious
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Corona: Thanks! PM sent

Nanny Ogg: If you need detailed info for a bait, I might be able to provide some. I have some knowledge about small, isolated settlements in the far North, but I've mostly lived in the southwestern part of the country.

And it DOES get quite warm here in the summer.
FM60
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I heard about scam baiting, I always dreamt about geting a lad on a safari to Greenland (a country mainly consisting of ice and rocks, but without WU would be ideal for lads), but I know it would be almost impossible. If someone would have done this, if would be realy funny.

(But my character, Mr Sørens3n, CEO of Ic3 Tr@ding A/S, would be really disappointed if there is a lad in Nuuk, but doesn't come to Ilulissat to visit him. Wink)

DO you have the lad's email adress? Wink

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No I don't, but I have his name and date of birth. Won't publish it though, as I could lose my job.

Ilulissat is a lovely place! Icebergs, viscious dogs, easy access from abroad... And Mr. Sørensen is such a nice, generic name, too!
BarristerGeorgeCurious
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, and Nanny: There is a WU in Nuuk, hidden away in a small video rental place. They don't deal in onions, sorry.
FM60
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We already found out that there is a WU in Nuuk in this thread: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169597

But everytime Mr Sørens3n visits Nuuk to transfer some money, the WU office is myteriously closed for summer vacation. Wink

I'm using this name, because it's common enough to find so many Google results, that a lad would find nothing suspicious, and because it has a "funny letter (ø) in it. And Mr Sørens3n becomes very, very angry, if he is called Mr Sorens3n. Wink

Too bad we don't have his email address, so we can't bait him. But of cause this is not worth risic your job.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys really do your homework!

For what it's worth: There are no roads between towns in Greenland Very Happy
Master of Puppets
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ideal! Safari's on foot take longer and will provide the lad with an even more unforgettable experience (and blisters) than a 'regular' safari!

FM60
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, and this was another reason for placing my character there. Wink

(Lad's are suprisingly stupid. When I tell them the WU in Nuuk is closed, they say I should simply cross the border to Canada (or, as he spelled it, "canardar"), which they believe to be only a few km away.)

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FM60: Good call! You've been here, right? (Wink)

Yup, people tend to think Canada is close by. It sorta is, but there's practically no way of getting there from here. There was a route by air from Nuuk to Eqaluit for a short while, but I'm pretty sure it got cancelled.

Generally, you can't walk from town to town. The terrain is simply too rugged and the distances too great. Travelling is done by boat, helicopter or plane. There are a few exceptions though.

Travelling here is very expensive and can take quite a while. Cancellations due to bad weather are common. Not necessarily because the weather is bad where you are right now, but because the weather is bad somewhere else along the coast.

Also: There are lots of little settlements (not actual towns) along the coast. Some of these places are VERY isolated and can be quite primitive especially in the east and far north. Just a thought... Twisted Evil

I'll gladly assist if you succeed in getting a lad here. There a lots of possibilities!

As I wrote earlier, getting a lad from europe to here shouldn't be too difficult.

For him to travel inside Greenland would be the difficult part.
FM60
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I never was there. I've just done some "research" to be prepared if a lad isn't as stupid as expected. (I think Greenland would be too cold, even for me.)

Lads are usually bad in geography. SOmetimes it's realy hard not to "educate" them.

I'm quite sure Greenland would be ideal for lads. But it would be almost impossible to get a lad there. Even if it's quite easy to go from Europe to Greenland, the lads are in Nigeria or simmilar countries, so it would be even hard to get them to Europe.

But if it should happen, someone will probably tell you.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, getting a lad from Lagos to Nuuk would be quite a feat.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting a lad from Amsterdam, London or Copenhagen to go.

Still, refugees from all parts of the world do end up here on occasion. (Don't ask me how). If they can do it, so can a lad.
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AFAIK there have only been two intercontinental safaris on Eater in all the years, one was "Third Year Anniversiary" Ed, Lagos [?]-Singapore, and the other one was by Nick The Cop´s lad this very week, Malaysia - Egypt. I´d think it is very unlikely but not impossible, of course...
Nevertheless, this talking about supersafaris IS inspiring in itself, even if, a la longue, the fruits of it will rather be the 500th Lagos-Cotonou safari, which also is a big and unforgettable event and a nice and satisfying achievement Very Happy Maybe lad anger knows no distance, a lad waiting for you is funny everywhere Very Happy

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013

Last edited by FrumpyBB on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
BarristerGeorgeCurious
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suppose to me it's no big deal coming here Smile

Anyway, i'm still hoping someone will write and say they send a lad here. That would be so KEWL!

Cheers,

George Curious
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It could be a baiter that doesn't publish til finished.

A baiter that doesn't publish his/her work, period!

A baiter that hasn't read this thread.

A baiter from another baiting site.

It would tickle the pudding out of me if it were one of us. Very Happy

Edit: After reading your PM again, I don't think it would be any danger in posting that Pm here. Confused

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Loupeitak
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can just see the look on the lad's face when he found out he was screwed.

"Enough of these entire hullabaloos that you are exhibiting." - John Devaney (First bait)

"my intention is to submit your information to the bank under the pretence that you are the owner of the funds" - John Devaney (thanks for giving that away lol)
BarristerGeorgeCurious
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Corona: I don't want to publish specifics on the net, as there's a slight risk of me getting in trouble at work for it.

I suppose there's all sorts of reasons why a young nigerian man would end up in Greenland. Though I seriously doubt he's here on vacation as he claimed.
mugu_eater
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
i agree you not have to risk that even if its only a really slight chance its just not worth it...anyway LOL@ just on vacation in Greenland i dont think you far from the truth if you asume he baited by somebody...
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe he's interested in glaciers and fjords.
Or the Northern Lights
Or rubber ducks
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/09/22/nasa.ducks/index.html
Could be totally innocent.

I always get my lads to find W U offices for me.
None have found the one in Nuuk yet.
So I then ask for bank accounts, being eager to pay usually gets them happy to give that info
Which is promptly sent onto the mysterious Alan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic