SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hey 'fecking' Jude (Beatles Trivia)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
spot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
On September 9, 2009, after a nearly 22-year wait, digitally remastered versions of all of the Beatles studio albums will be released

Long Beatles Link ... Click me

I wonder what Hey Jude will sound like re-mastered.

Even as it is now, there is obvious background swearing when you know when to listen out for it.

At about 2:58 of the song, McCartney can be heard to say, "Oh, fucking hell!" According to the sound engineers it was Lennon's idea to leave the mistake in the final mix.

Check this without having to listen to the whole track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bzBaI50Oc8

It's Beatles week ! ....post your Beatles trivia here

PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Mono box set is shipping in a few days and I'm picking up the Stereo box set later today. Yay! Now $400 will be arriving on my credit card statement. Boo!

I've had September 9 marked on my calendar from several months ago. It will be quite interesting to compare the remastered versions to the late 80's CD releases which left a bit to be desired from an audio perspective. The Love* remixes were remastered and sounded great so I have very high hopes for the new releases. The extras in the box sets should also be fun.

According to audio engineers working on the 2 year remastering project, the only things they tried to remove, reduce or repair were technical issues such as clicks, pops, hums and drop outs. Anything that was part of the performances such as background noises (e.g., the infamous chair noise at the end of Day in the Life), talking picked up by the mics, and bum notes and mistakes were left in. They went through great pains to avoid altering any of the musical feel or personality on the tracks. Only a tiny bit of limiting was done so the average listener would not hear it, but could tell some tracks had a little more power and impact.

*If you are ever in Las Vegas, go see the "Love" Cirque du Soleil show. It is fantastic. I was completely blown away by it and almost in tears of amazement at some points. Highly, highly, highly recommended even if you are not a big Beatles fan.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the Cd of the 'Love' album made for Cirque du Soleil, really clever how they fade in and out of different tracks. Today I downloaded the 2009 digital remix of the only Beatles album I never had, 'Beatles for Sale', and heard at least 2 tracks I never heard before.

If you want Beatles recording trivia, I can recommend 'Revolution in the Head' by Ian McDonald. Despite being padded with arty farty claptrap, there are recording notes for every Beatles track ever recorded.

A million mugu points to anyone who can point me at an online recording of 'Carnival of Light' a lost 14 minute avant gard soundtrack they did for a 'happening' at the Roundhouse in 1967.

Paul has the master tape, but it has never been released, even as a bootleg.

Recording Trivia? The strange rattling sound at the end of 'Long Long Long' on the White Album is a wine bottle, accidentaly left on top of the Hammond organ's Leslie cabinet, The Leslie cabinet had a rotating speaker, and was used a lot by the Beatles, for example for the strange floaty vocal in 'Tommorow Never Knows'.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Which just goes to show that all you lonely people come to 419 Eater! Rolling Eyes

Amazon were offering the whole 14cd package for a mere £170 .... I'm tempted but not that tempted with a holiday to fund at the end of the month.
themob
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eleanor Rigby was No 1 the very day I was born. Very Happy
N N N
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ and you've not gotten over it since! LOL
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

'Hello, Goodbye' was the first record I ever bought with my Christmas money way back in 1967, aged ten.

Lived up the road from Penny Lane when I was at college in Liverpool back in the mid-1970s. The council fixed the'Penny Lane' street signs high up on the building walls at either end of the thoroughfare to stop the fans from nicking them.

Scary how the time passes. Shocked

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Roycropper wrote:
If you want Beatles recording trivia, I can recommend 'Revolution in the Head' by Ian McDonald. Despite being padded with arty farty claptrap, there are recording notes for every Beatles track ever recorded.

I would strongly recommend "The Beatles Recording Sessions - The Official Abbey Road Studio Session Notes 1962-1970" by Mark Lewisohn. It is the authoritative source for information about the Beatles recording sessions without the "arty farty claptrap". A interesting piece of info from this book - there is only one recorded instance of a take being stopped due to a mistake caused by Ringo Starr. Amazing. If you are really into audio engineering or recording check out "Recording the Beatles - The Studio Equipment and Techniques Used to Create Their Classic Albums" by Brian Kehew and Kevin Ryan (Curvebender Publishing). It is very detailed for the studio geeks out there. The book is packaged to look like a 2" reel of tape, it has a lot of pictures, and it is expensive. Finally, there is "Beatles Gear - All the Fab Four's Instruments, From Stage to Studio" by Andy Babuik.

Even though the original releases by the Beatles were way before my time (sorry), they are one of my favorite musical artists. Their music is still a social and musical force 40 years after they broke up. The Beatles are truly musical icons. There is a great tidbit of information in the Sept. 3, 2009 issue of Rolling Stone. "Every age group surveyed from 16 through 64 listens to rock & roll more than any other format - and the Beatles rank in the top four among every age group."

I have the Stereo box set in hand, thus I know what I will be doing this weekend. The Mono box set should be here at the end of next week so I know what I'll be doing next weekend. According to what I've read, there are no plans to release any outtakes or other material from the vaults in the near future so the Anthology Series will have to do for now. It looks like Carnival of Light is going to stay buried for a while.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic