SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

You want camcorders?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8240261.stm

Quote:
Det Inspector Geoff Smith, from Durham Police, said: "We had a lady not far from here [Shildon] that was duped into receiving a lot of stolen goods - vanloads of camcorders, digital cameras.
"She had to send them off to criminals in Nigeria, so I'm not surprised by today's figures."

I would be interested to know more about the background of this case. Sounds like a mule. I wonder how she was 'duped'? Pretty piss poor reporting, not going into the detail to warn potential victims. The cop indirectly disses Nigeria without really warning anybody. Crying or Very sad

What has this got to do with 419? Probably nothing unless she is receiving fake checks in payment as well as passing stolen goods.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
I would be interested to know more about the background of this case. Sounds like a mule. I wonder how she was 'duped'?

Yes, probably a reshipping mule scam, have a read of this about how reshipping scams work, see the full article here:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/technology/2005-07-10-cyber-mules-cover_x.htm

This is a short timeline of events from the article, showing how they use stolen credit cards:

Quote:
How a reshipment gets done

USA TODAY examined a paper trail of e-mails, letters, credit card statements, packing receipts and mailing labels that Karl kept of his work as a 'mule' and pieced together this account of an illegal reshipment:

April 18. Someone from a bogus Web site at the center of the scam, kflogistics.biz, tests a $1 charge on iWon.com, a prize-giveaway Web page, using a Bank One Visa credit card number stolen from Brian Spoutz, a 48-year-old San Jose, Calif., software salesman. A Visa investigator notified him about the compromised card in May, Spoutz says.

April 20. Kflogistics.biz uses Spoutz's Visa card to place an order at Newegg.com for a $2,607 digital camera and extra memory. It directs shipment of two separate parcels to a home in Gilroy, Calif.

April 22. FedEx attempts to deliver the parcels, but the reshipper in Gilroy has gotten cold feet and rejects the delivery. Using FedEx's online tracking, Michael Birman of kflogistics.biz notes the failed delivery, contacts FedEx and redirects delivery to Karl in Grass Valley, Calif. Birman then alerts Karl via e-mail to watch for the two parcels.

April 23. Birman goes to USPS.com. Using a hot credit card number, Birman purchases a $48 Global Express Mail shipping label addressed to Roman Radeckiy in Moscow, then downloads the new label as a JPEG image file. Birman attaches the JPEG file to an e-mail to Karl, instructing Karl to combine the two parcels into one box, affix the label and mail to Radeckiy.

April 24. FedEx delivers the parcels to Karl in Grass Valley.

April 27. Karl prints out the JPEG label. Karl repacks the camera and memory into one box, affixes the printed JPEG label and completes the reshipment.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel sorry for the poor mugs who become embriolled in this rot of scam in all innocence.

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a lady near me who got caught up this after a successful love scam by the lad. She was led to believe that she was doing legitimate business for the lad. Fake checks, stolen cc's from "clients" of his. Mad She got into a real jam and got arrested, the lad of course getting off scot-free.

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
devil_woman
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is SO BAD, how can we help these victims?

Closed lad accounts 100+45:goat: Easter Egg

I have trying to access the confirmation code but it always stated Errow Anthony Hills Togo
I am pissing out and off my brain seemed shattered of several thoughts and implications this is really taken much time and am afraid. Sgt Allen Nigeria
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor shipping mule lady has likely just started her tale of woe. Lots of women (seems to be mostly women as the scammers are largely male) fall in love with some guy on a dating site who tells her she's so beautiful and lovely and blah blah blah, being lonely, she responds. Next the guy asks a simple favour (reshipping) blaming local import duties/rules/lies, and surely he'd never con the love of his life? She's left handling stolen goods and heartbroken and humiliated, and some fucker struts around with a new Rolex showing off how clever and cool he is. Beneath contempt.

Or maybe she's 'lucky' and 'just' applied for a 'job' and became a shipping mule instead of cheque mule.

Sick greedy arrogant bastards, knowing no shame and clearly not having respect beaten into them by their elders and peers. Makes my blood boil, can you tell?

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The said article pointed out that a huge 25% of all online credit card transactions in the UK were fraudulent, that is just massive!
Jay leno
train boi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd take that 25% with a pinch of salt, Fraud claims also include section 75 claims, Which people claim for such stupid things.

My MoneyGram form
Version2 of the Moneygram form courtesy of manbiteslion with a 9 digit MTCN

nope please do not worry abt me any more i quit - Barr Jimmy Tan
HAVE YOU EVER TASTED HELL.YOU HAVE A DISEASE AND YOU REFUSE TO CURE IT.THAT IS FREE VISA TO HELL.YOU JUST LIED AND DECEIVE, I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO FBI AND JAY LENO SHOW - Fred W1lly
Free Pastor Frank
manbiteslion
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

25% sounds unlikely - surely no vendor would accept cards online if they lost money on 25% of transactions? I know I sure as heck wouldn't!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic