SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Yahoo Mail Bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BrokenEnglish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,

I just received a request from Yahoo email support that they need my password. Header says LAGOS:

Quote:
Dear Yahoo Online Email Account Owner,

Important notice, harmful virus was detected in your account which can be harmful to our subscriber unit.You are to enter your E-mail address and password here { } to enable us set in an anti virus in your user account to clear up this virus. we do need your co-operation in this, Providing us with this information we enable us insert in your account an anti virus machine for clean up.

We are sorry for the inconveniences this might have cost you. Failure to do this, we are sorry to let you know that your account will be deleted immediately to prevent it from arming our subscriber unit.

Thank you for using Yahoo Online,
We are glad at your service,
Yahool Online.

So, I thought I would set up an email account with a contact address book full of baiter email addresses. Any takers? I know there is a similar bait happening in the Tips forum, but this seems like a lot of fun.... Twisted Evil so why not?

I was thinking of letting it run as a catcher account for a day or so to fill it with a few lad emails too.

Post if you want me to add your email to the contacts list Wink

BL

"I have lost interest in your person as I taught you are a responsible man at first that keeps, respect and honours his word. I never know you are a play boy." - Pr0f S0lud0

Closed lad accounts x 1
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BrokenEnglish wrote:
I was thinking of letting it run as a catcher account for a day or so to fill it with a few lad emails too.

Please don't do that and then give a lad access. He may be able to get formats, documents and IDs from the other lads that are much better than the ones he has.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
BrokenEnglish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good point, well made. I need to fill it with some emails though, any ideas? Could I put some de-educating formats in there?

"I have lost interest in your person as I taught you are a responsible man at first that keeps, respect and honours his word. I never know you are a play boy." - Pr0f S0lud0

Closed lad accounts x 1
jose_cuervo
Baiting Guru

Location: Packing Vaseline in my frilly boots, I can’t help if it gets in other places.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

By all means, de-educate. Smile

If you're looking to fill it, you could sign up to a few websites that send automated emails (basically spam). Any "get a free laptop" ad banner that you click on should load your addy up with amazing offers in a few days. You could also send "I got a new cat" or "Uncle Ted fell off the riding mower" emails back and forth a few times with the baiters that sign up before you let your lad in.

“I guess a man is the only kind of varmint sets his own trap, baits it, and then steps in it.” ~ John Steinbeck
BrokenEnglish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a little disappointing, maybe because it is Sunday.. I have only had one volunteer Sad Once I hand over the account to the scammer it will be too late for any new baiter to join in.

So come on, roll up, roll up, for this many in a lifetime opportunity of a mass bait happy crowd

I will PM all volunteers with the email address when you sign up. Smile

Closed lad accounts x 1
El Nombre
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PM sent Smile

The new collection
Round 3: Back for more!
Closed lad accountsClosed lad accounts

"you are really a very disappointment to ladyhood" - michael agyekum boateng (standard AFF lad)
"my fetish man is ever ready to strike you deadly if only i give him the final go ahead." - the same Michael as above
El Nombre
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PM sent Smile

The new collection
Round 3: Back for more!
Closed lad accountsClosed lad accounts

"you are really a very disappointment to ladyhood" - michael agyekum boateng (standard AFF lad)
"my fetish man is ever ready to strike you deadly if only i give him the final go ahead." - the same Michael as above
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Once I hand over the account to the scammer it will be too late for any new baiter to join in.

No worries. Maybe there is a high school reunion planned, and many "attendees" can sign up for it! Wink Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
BrokenEnglish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I have PM'd the folks who have signed up. I will post here when I send the account password to the scammer, so you will hopefully soon start to hear from that email account.

Any more takers?? C'mon... Twisted Evil

Closed lad accounts x 1
bobjohnson
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pm sent with three accounts... Twisted Evil

Goat Easter Egg 2013
www.emmanuelisastupidmugugoatdicker.webs.com
CarlisleNinnymuggins
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PM sent.

We probbably need to set up the backstory...

"Please hurry up with this transaction as I am out of funds"

"Carlisle,WOW WOW WOW WOW,Do you know my age?am 80 year plus" -Joe Jackson

Closed lad accounts x4 Nurse Nastys Audi TT<<Nowhere near as many as luckey.

Do not DARE click this link
BrokenEnglish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Replies sent to the folks who have PM'd with accounts. Thanks.

Indeed, we do need a good back story. I will willingly accept ideas, I have only ever straight baited on a one to one basis so I have no experience of what works and what doesn't...

As it stands at the moment, the account has 12 contacts, but it would be great with some more. Give this lad a real headache. Any more for any more??

Oh and thanks to Woody for the mail that is starting to flood in.

Closed lad accounts x 1
GSN_fan
Hellish Taskmaster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PM sent. Check it out.

Listen very openly Barrister Koffi Adams forward to this or what you sent to him how der you sent such a thing to him with is age am very disapointed in you if by your next mail you could not comeplete sending the right way sorry.

Even my little child know how to send money and give to the taker on how to take it so

Austria is a the name of a country near Australia.

This are the details we required from you so our customer cab infect payment to you.

Our is not ready to receive your incandesces message

send to me their pin code and asses code
Click here to support 419Eater.com
BrokenEnglish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I have done the deed and the email to "Yahoo Support" has been fired off. I will sporadically try and login, so I will let you all know when the account has been hijacked.

Let's hope we don't have a lazy lad..... Twisted Evil

Closed lad accounts x 1
BrokenEnglish
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right, there has been a development, and I am confused. I got the following email from "Email Support" (header still says Lagos) to the account. The password has not been changed.

Quote:
Dear Yahoo Online Email Account Owner,

Your account has been verified you can now make contact to friends now Okay just go through the mail box and reply your emails..

Thank you for using Yahoo Online,
We are glad at your service,
Yahoo Online.

So what's the tactic here. Is the lad waiting to see if this is a genuine account? Or what is he up to?

BE

Closed lad accounts x 1
Jasper
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe he will still hijack it, but is going to wait a few days or something? Unless he only wanted to see if you have any stored information in your box he could use, like passwords to any other accounts you have, usernames and passwords for any sites you might belong to, or any kind of other information, like for credit cards or your bank accounts. He might have taken the email addy's for all your contacts in there. Maybe monitor the box and see what happens.

Closed lad accounts x9 Easter Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic